1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why havent we seen this move this series?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTownTmac1, May 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Shane Battiers Hook shot down low... i mean i dont recall this move being used at all... i remembered that it was one of our most consistent moves

I remember during the 2nd to last game agianst PHO we went to that move a lot and it worked...

If we dont use this move in Utah for game 6 im goin to be pissed lol :eek:

2. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

Thats a good question. He always seems to make it when he does.

3. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

he can't do it over long arms of ak47. and he can't back down harpring. harpring has owned him when battier tried to do anything offensively.

4. Man

Man Contributing Member

I think I saw him make one in one of the early games. He's knocking down the 3's, but I don't think he's been able to get into the paint with the ball, or he hasn't tried. Not part of our offensive agenda? heh. Entry passer to Yao..spot up shooter from the outside. Focus on defense?

5. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

Maybe because Utah has the biggest and strongest frontcourt in the NBA?

6. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

And Pheonix dosent have a big frontcourt???

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I believe Battier usually does it more when he has a mismatch...like a Ben Gordon type on him. And he does it more to draw a double team and look for an open shooter than to actually try and score on this shot over and over. I do remember him doing in for a running hook last game... not a post-up hook, though.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Battier is a relatively poor offensive player who is being defended well.

9. koopa

koopa Member

I would hit the gym if this guy [​IMG] is owning battier

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I've seen him do it several times. Harpring, Fisher, and maybe Giricek have been the victims. When he does it, he gets position quickly and gets his shot off quickly. It's just that it's a hybrid hook/set shot, so it's easier to block.

11. kjames44

kjames44 Member

Nice little move by Batman but not something the Rocks are going to look for too often...I just want to see him spot up in Mario Elie's corner and hit nothing but net for us at a consistent clip throughout the rest of this series and the next. We need Shane scoring 12-16 per game because you're not going to get anything from Chuck on most nights on the offensive end. We need this from Shane plus 10 pts and good D from JHo and the same from Luther.