1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why hasn't Jalen Green gone to the free throw line yet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 25, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. dmoneybangbang

He’s being aggressive and driving, frankly a little too aggressive given his lack of strength. He either is a worth a top 3 pick so he adjusts and gets stronger or isn’t.

Still way too early to tell.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm not gonna make too many judgements of any kind on Green long term, but one thing I can confidently say is that he shouldn't be playing this many minutes right now. A lot of the minutes are wasted because his body isn't close to ready for the physicality of the NBA. That's not even taking account of all the nuances one has to get accustomed to at this level.

He should be playing 15-20 high energy minutes instead of 32 minutes of contested jumpers and avoiding contact. Taking it slow your rookie season isn't the end of the world, plenty of all time greats did little in their first year.

Zen Tabak and Little Bit like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

THIS^^^^

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sengun doing well for a rook.

VickMackey, clos4life and amaru like this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Anyone know what's the most minutes ever played without a FT for a player that's playing 20+ minutes a game? I would think his name has got to be in the mix.

D-rock likes this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

Green is leading the league with a 0% drop rate in FT. Exciting times. Very Exciting.

Zen Tabak, clos4life and D-rock like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m sure there are many who have gone much longer than Jalen, but they’re the Joe Harris types who do nothing but shoot wide open spot up threes.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

From googling, I found that Tony Snell went 471 minutes without attempting a free throw. Of course Snell also went for 0 pts, 0 rebs, 0 asts, 0 blks, and 0 stls in 28 minutes in a game.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

12. jogo

jogo Member

Utah -9
    u222.5
    Green O 12.5 points (-125)

13. StevieCrossover

Jalen hasnt mastered the art of flopping, exaggeration, acting. Nba seems to reward you a free throw if you do it.

14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!

ThatboyPhuong likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Coincidentally, Royce O'neal for the Jazz still has his streak going. :D

harold bingo likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The crackdown on FT shooting is ****ing dumb.

We had an "allowed to foul" era.

It was the early 00s.

It sucked and was way less watchable than the current era. Nobody looks back at Spurs-Pistons or Lakers-NJ Nets Finals and says 'wow we need more of that! "

Zen Tabak and Reeko like this.
  17. kiwirocketsfan

I love JG's aggression this game. He's giving off a little bit of Nwaba headless chook energy, but he's got the spirit.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah I’m a bit confused by this.

people were complaining about offensive players jumping to the side and into defenders on ridiculous looking jump shots.

if a defender reaches out and fouls a player that’s a foul. If a defender is out of position and bodies a player that’s a foul.

what Harden (and others) did 75% of the time while “foul baiting”… was still drawing defenders into committing legit fouls.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  19. SamFisher

Thank you. Fouls in the paint should remain fouls in the paint. My impression was that people were trying to get rid of the "draw a reach then decide to launch a speculative 3" that Young did last year.

Of course, they could always just call the foul and then wave off the made 3, the way Scott Foster did at a critical juncture in Game 7 of the 2017 Western Conference Finals. That'll teach the kids a lesson.

20. SamFisher

Thank you. Fouls in the paint should remain fouls in the paint. My impression was that people were trying to get rid of the "draw a reach then decide to launch a speculative 3" that Young got a bunch last year.

Of course, they could always just call the foul and then wave off the made 3, the way Scott Foster did at a critical juncture in Game 7 of the 2017 Western Conference Finals. That'll teach the kids a lesson about the good old days and Jazz Bulls classic games where the first team to score 83 points won