1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why don't we post up Dmo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LBJ-Tmac, Mar 24, 2013.

1. quadsas

quadsas Rookie

I am not a Lithuanian. Also, not a single one of better than horrible posts (except me and possibly Ahmed) in this thread. Delfino is trash and only casual fans like most on here think otherwise

2. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

3. hltiki

hltiki Member

when the 3s arent falling, give the darn ball to d-mo! This utter reliance on lay ups and 3s is so frustrating, yet at times, it is so awesome.

But with that being said, I'm beginning to see more half-court sets being ran. I'm seeing more mid-range jumpers from Lin, a little more post up action from D-mo, though it didn't go well against Duncan for obvious reasons.

Come playoff time, teams are gonna force the Rockets off the 3 line and then Mchale is gonna have to do something he thinks is overrated, make adjustments.

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Because McHale wants him to chunk 3's... pfff.

He has a great postgame and nice moves, but will never develop them with this r****ded coach.

5. destined2win

destined2win Member

why we don't bench carl herrera ? we much better without his spamming .

1 person likes this.
  6. mesta

mesta Member

or star PG who knows when to post him up and throw a lob.

7. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

It's going take him some time to shine one day.

8. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Not just Dmo but also Robinson has shown some skills in the post game.

We should give them both a couple of positions a game & see how it goes, IMO.

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

If we post up DMo that will make Harden a spot up shooter. McHale does not want that. We don't pay a guy max to spot up (but we are ok with 8.3 mil/year tho). :rolleyes:

Joke aside, I think they will add in more post up for him, but not right now, we are in a playoff run, not to develop Dmo, so it is not the right time to try too many new things. Maybe next season, or they really exhausted their options. i.e. no Harden.

10. mesta

mesta Member

Dmo has shown from his three first game as a starter that he can score a lot in the post and will be important if rockets want him to. Problem is Rockets can't just suddenly change its identity. Same reason apply to why i think he will stay as the starter for the remainder of the season. or simply Mchale wants different identity for each unit, Trob does the post moves for the second unit.
    However Dmo is stupid. Now he doesn't shot the ball when he got it in the three point line. He will either drive to the basket or take one step forward and shot mid j
    Dmo is a veteran of 11 starts and still lost at times.example the 24 sec violation in the second, in which Dmo should have taken a shot, instead of passing the ball.
    Delfino at least know his role and how to do it.
    Even when his shots are not falling Dmo still works hard and contributes by putting his body on someone, setting screens, contesting shots and rebounding. Definitely an upgrade over the unpredictable 2pat

11. prs325

prs325 Member

Your not changing an identity but merely adding a crease or another option in the offense.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Rockets are 10-5 since the trade. Yes, it has been a fairly easy schedule, but the counter would be that we had to integrate 2 new PFs into our system. I thought the Rockets would take a step back with the trade, but so far they've proven me wrong.

Patterson's impact on our ability to win is very much overstated.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I'm not exactly sure why you quoted my post, and then made this statement.

14. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Because we don't post up.

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I do not know if it has been mentioned or not, but I don't think DMo is strong enough yet to get the ball in an already established post position.

Remember when Chuck Hayes played Bynum? He was shooting 8-10 footers because he wasn't able to get deep enough in the paint.

Same thing with DMO vs your average post defender. He has to be able to get in post position before we can consider running a play through DMO in the post.

16. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

DMO does need to "get stronger" as is mentioned over and over on CFs but he has to work more on strength than bulking up too much. One of his assets is his speed, the guy can run the floor as fast as any PF I've seen and is incredibly nimble...we don't want him to lose that asset so its a fine line--but I'm sure he can work on it during the offseason.

Anyone else think his D of late has been decent? I doubt he'll ever be a great defender but his height is already enough to change shots and he's been getting in better position as of late. I think he plays 'good enough' d right now and will only improve. In the last game he got into foul trouble but some of those fouls seem pretty questionable--i.e. they weren't blantantly dumb by dmo