1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Why don't the Rockets send in tapes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, May 20, 2015.

1. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

The 2005 series vs the Mavs, Cuban sent it tapes and the officiating changed COMPLETELY in Dallas's favor. And the Rockets weren't NEARLY favored like the Warriors were in game 1.

After the tapes, I remember, Yao was setting LEGAL screens and getting fouls called on him. A bunch of other phantom calls appeared too, but the Yao 1 was the biggest.

I don't understand why we don't employ this tactic. Show all the times Harden drove and didn't get a call, show the illegal screens set by Bogut/Green, show the Green flops and when he held down Ariza.

Force the NBA's hand like Cuban did.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm 100% sure we do. I've heard several interviews from Morey where he's said the Rockets do this.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Who says they don't?

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Maybe the Rockets do and we do not know - I am sure all the teams do if they feel something was over the top. From McHale's comments post game (which was the first time I can recall him complaining about officiating) I am guessing the team will.

We only found out about Cuban because JVG had a buddy ref tell him what happened

5. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I guess no one. I'd just make it more public then. Really force the NBA's hands.

When Dallas did it EVERYONE knew they did it. It cost Cuban some money announcing it/criticizing refs, but it worked.

6. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Ah yes, forgot about that. I could have sworn Cuban announced it, but it must have been just him criticizing and that was how we knew he sent in tapes.

7. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

8. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

9. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I don't know. I do wonder if the NBA WANTS to crown Steph. Maybe they consider him a refreshing change of image. If somewhere in the dungeons of the NBA the bean counters have concluded that revenues will decline unless some demographic that Steph appeals to is catered to then you can bet there will be a subtle shift to make it happen. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but the NBA is a BUSINESS. If business increases because you idolize Steph Curry then they will fast track it and not give two *****s is some fans in Houston feels we were cheated.

10. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Because nobody has a "tape" player?..

11. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Good find. I tweeted about it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Remember when we were screwed out of the Mavs series in 05? No.. read up on it.. <a href="http://t.co/r6D687FvF6">http://t.co/r6D687FvF6</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/StopTherefs?src=hash">#StopTherefs</a> <a href="http://t.co/9Wl18bwUcS">pic.twitter.com/9Wl18bwUcS</a></p>&mdash; Cesar Granados (@Cesar_Grana2) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cesar_Grana2/status/601097689711816704">May 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I fully expect the Rockets to send in video of this, and I fully expect the reffing to be far more even in game 2. Harden should have gone to the line 10-12 times last night, and Green should have AT LEAST been called for a common foul if not a flagrant.