1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Don't Liberal Feminists Fight for Muslim Women?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 1, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wJkFQohIKNI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This parallels Bill Maher's (who's liberal) huge battle versus liberals who he calls fake liberals.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Exactly - the illiberals. Human rights and such only matter when it is convenient for their corporate interest.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I honestly don't know why many liberals refuse to criticize Islam, it really is puzzling. Feminists, liberals, all of them are afraid of no one!!! But for some strange reason they are deathly afraid to criticize Islam.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Many feminists and organizations do criticize woman's rights in countries like Saudi Arabia. You just don't pay attention.

6. Dei

Dei Member

Because it's racist to go after non-whites.

I'm subscribed to Prager U too. Great channel.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Interesting video -- seems legitimate/ correct -- let me know if i'm missing something.

8. cml750

cml750 Member

Easy answer, liberals are the biggest hypocrites that have ever existed. The have faux outrage over stupid issues and are then caught up arguing against common sense issues. In a sense the can choke on a gnat sometimes and swallow a camel at other times. Truth is they only declare how they feel about a subject if it advances their warped agenda. Hillary and her e-mail server and Benghazi are perfect examples. They would be bat **** crazy upset if a Republican had committed these things yet they act like it is nothing since one of their own did it. Following their agenda always trumps common sense. At least Conservatives are usually always consistent on these issues. They will call out either party if they make mistakes.

2 people like this.
  9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh. Is that all? Well, then allow me to retort.

If liberals are the biggest hypocrites that ever existed, then conservatives are a combination of being even bigger hypocrites and maintaining that title for the foreseeable future.

Conservatives make a big deal about keeping the government out of people's lives. But as soon as they see an opportunity, they are more than willing for the government to overstep its bounds (see The Patriot Act).

They whine and cry about President Obama's Executive Orders, but we hear nary a peep from them when Bush, Reagan, etc. use these ad nauseum.

They chant about STATE'S RIGHTS, STATE'S RIGHTS, STATE'S RIGHTS... but as soon as the next natural disaster hits, they'll be the first ones crying for federal government aid.

They profess their undying devotion to the sanctity of life, but are more than willing to cut programs that will ensure many of their fellow citizens wont' have any chance of a halfway decent life.

Speaking of which, the anti-abortion hypocrites, all of whom are conservatives, are ones who say that they anti-abortion b/c they believe that life begins at conception. Yet, they say that in a case of rape, they'd make an exception. Well, that's a form of hypocrisy right there. I'm not speaking about whether this is good or bad- I'm speaking purely from a hypocrisy standpoint.

But the biggest hypocritical conservatives of all are the Christian others. They no more follow the principles of Christ than atheists do. Matter of fact, CML750, if you feel that Christ truly strengthens you, then maybe you'll heed his advice and instead of worrying about the specks of sawdust in the liberals' eyes, you'll pay attention to the plank in your own eye. If not, you're just as big a hypocrite, if not more so, than those you criticize.

And I leave you with this, my friends- I'm dropping this mic- but kicking that ****er straight through the Goalpost in the Sky before it hits the MF ground.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hell Women of Color in America do not get equal treatment in the Feminist Movement.

They have moved to the Term Womanist because it is more inclusive.
    Feminist is almost becoming known as the White Woman's Movement.

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Prager U = Dennis Prager

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

Exhibit D

Exhibit E

There are not enough letters in the alphabet...

1 person likes this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Member

Wow, what an exceptionally naive post you have made. You equate Conservatives with Republicans as if they are one and the same. Oh, their may be some Republicans that declare they are "Conservative" but their actions speak louder than their words. Look at true Conservatives like Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and Mike Lee before you make generalities about all Conservatives. Hint, John Boehner and Mitch McConnell are not true Conservatives and in fact can probably be argues a RINO's(Republicans in name only) in most Conservatives eyes. The jury is till out on current Speaker Paul Ryan but early returns point to him being a rino also, only time will tell. You may want to actually educate yourself on the subject before replying so foolishly.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Are you fighting for Muslim women? Or would you rather just accuse liberals for not doing it?

14. dandorotik

My comments have nothing to do with Republicans. They have to do with conservatives.

Such as Ted Cruz:

BEFORE: Ted Cruz wrote a brief arguing that giving federal stimulus money to retired Texas teachers "will directly further the greater purpose of economic recovery for America."

AFTER: Ted Cruz said that Obama's economic program is "yet another rehash of the same big-government stimulus programs that have consistently failed to generate jobs."

:rolleyes:

15. dandorotik

So, you criticize me for making generalities about true conservatives when you previously did this about liberals?

Do you even know what hypocrisy means?

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I'll ask the obvious: why?

17. dandorotik

Oh, don't bother with them. They obviously don't understand the difference between people having a problem with stereotyping everyone from a religion and those same people not agreeing with the practice of that religion by a certain sect, group or country. Don't feel bad- they're so used to not understanding nuanced thought that they can't graps the above concept.

Where do most of our criticisms lie regarding the Muslim issue? It is the same reason why we have a problem stereotyping any race or religious group- it is unfair to affix a specific characteristic to someone solely based on the color of their skin, orientation at their birth, or choice of their religion. We want fair and equal treatment for all U.S. citizens.

If a liberal acts against this, then he or she deserves to be called a hypocrite. But note the title of this thread: "Why Don't Liberal Feminists Fight for Muslim Women?" Notice what is missing in that title but is directly implied? ALL. It implies that none of them do.

"Why Don't ALL Liberal Feminists Fight for Muslim Women?"

That is what is directly implied. Again, this will probably go over many of their heads.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

dandorotik, step away from the keyboard.

19. dandorotik

Well, seeing as how your comment is chock full of insight, I may just have to heed your advice.

:grin:

20. dandorotik

So, you're OK with stereotyping, correct?