1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does TOTUS hate the MoH?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Jun 24, 2011.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes, imagine if Palin, Bachman, W, or Cain had said such of thing...

they never would have, of course.

From a Blackfive reader "T":

The President addressing the 10th Mountain Division today at Fort Drum:

"First time I saw 10th Mountain Division, you guys were in southern Iraq. When I went back to visit Afghanistan, you guys were the first ones there. I had the great honor of seeing some of you because a comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously."

As we all know, SSG Sal Giunta, of the 173rd Airborne, was the first living recipient (2011) of the MOH who fought in Iraq/Afganistan. SFC Jared Monti, 10th Mountain Division, was KIA in Afghanistan in 2006. He was posthumously awarded the MOH by Obama in 2009.

How does the Commander-in-Chief mix these heroes up? He put that medal around Giunta's neck and he stood with Monti's parents as they grieved. These fallen heroes leave such a great legacy, and we should know all their names. The ironic part of the speech, and this comes after the announcement of the politically pressured drawdown of troops in Afghanistan, was Obama's closing remark, "Know that your Commander-in-Chief has your back."

It shouldn't take a teleprompter for the C-in-C to get it right.

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

The Battle of Najaf was fought between United States and Iraqi forces on one side in the Iraqi city of Najaf.

Strength
    2000 US Forces
    1800 Iraqi Security Forces

yes, imagine if our former commander in chief had such a bad memory, he forgot he was addressing an Iraqi battle when in a joint press conference with Iraqi leaders, and then insulted the memories of dead American soldiers by claiming "Afghan" or really, Iraqi troops, did all the work when there were more American troops and significant American casualties.

I'm sure you would've started a thread then.

I DECLARE THIS THREAD---

Flavor Flav worthy.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Imagine if Bush had done this.

There is also this:

"I want to thank my Cabinet members and senior administration officials who participated today. I hear that Dr. Joe Medicine Crow (ph) was around, and so I want to give a shout out to that Congressional Medal of Honor winner. It's good to see you."

Ah, the dangers of giving shout outs without a teleprompter. Crow is not a Medal of Honor recipient. As noted by the Congressional Medal of Honor Society:

The Medal of Honor is the highest award for valor in action against an enemy force which can be bestowed upon an individual serving in the Armed Services of the United States. Generally presented to its recipient by the President of the United States of America in the name of Congress, it is often called the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Crow's name is not included on the Society's Medal of Honor recipient list. He was, however, awarded the Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor, in August.

Obama, often described as "cerebral" by the mainstream media, should know the difference between the Medal of Honor and the Medal of Freedom, especially since he personally awarded the latter to Crow. Don't expect his blunder to receive wide coverage. It's not something he can blame George Bush for.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mike-b...nal-medal-honor-winner-who-isnt#ixzz1QCwE91No

#3 gwayneco, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Gweinerdog - any truth to the rumor that you send explicit sexts to constituents - or am I getting it confused?

5. gwayneco

And this.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZlKIfzoC8D0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. basso

Supporting Member

is a "corpsman" english for "salaryman?"

7. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

lol basso thread

8. gwayneco

Maybe it's Austrian.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AAmaGgBrDAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  9. SamFisher

BASSING IN A POSTER THREAD

10. SamFisher

BASSING IN A POSTER THREAD

[​IMG]

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only I may dumbartonBASS in a poster thread.

12. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Wait, can someone explain to me what TOTUS stands for? Namely, the first T?

13. SamFisher

QUOTING DUMBARTONBASS IN A POSTER'S THREAD

14. Northside Storm

CAN YOU IMAGINE IF BASSO INSULTED THE TITLE OF THE HIGHEST OFFICE OF THE LAND BY PUTTING T INSTEAD OF P.

unpatriotic villainy.

High sacrilege!

totally unacceptable.

CAN YOU IMAGINE IF BUSH DID THIS

(i think it's the "One Who Killed Osama Of The United States" but I can't be sure)

15. basso

Supporting Member

there is no POTUS without TOTUS.

16. gwayneco

Teleprompter

17. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

gwayneco and basso, together again.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

19. Northside Storm

YOU DARE

Wow, you must hate the president.

Kindly move out of the august country of America, since you hate one small part of the country.

your unpatriotic kind is not welcome

Flavor Flav demands your blood.

[​IMG]