1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHY does the TNT Studio hate the Rockets??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fromobile, Apr 24, 2007.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Magic is bad for saying that. I agree. I would still like for the Rockets to cram those words right down his throat. He needs to learn a lesson about doubting.

2. DreamRoxCoogFan

Its tough love, thats all. nothing would make kenny (and maybe charles?) happier than to see the rockets to suceed. and hey- its more interesting TV, no? i mean were talking about it on here... so i guess theyre serving their purpose. And besided, TNT is the best studio show in the NBA, hands down. So imma keep watching, no matter what they pretent to be. They do that on TV all the time. I mean if everyone on PTI or around the horn argreed with one another, then they wouldnt be on tv. these things are decided beforehand... almost always if there is someone else in studio saying one thing, there will always be an opposing view- its basic tv strategy.

3. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

No guys, the original poster is correct. It has been this way the entire season -- Kenny and Charles never have a good thing to say about the Rockets. And I thought it was painfully obvious how last night they practically went out of their way to avoid talking about the Rockets (other than a 10-second "Kenny's pics" segment) and spent the entire time instead discussing how the Jazz can beat them instead.

Not that we should care...they will eventually be forced to respect us, but it's no secret that they're rooting for Utah to win this series.

4. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Anyone who talks negative about the Rockets especially from TNT is a jackass :p

j/k

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I know what it is and am not afraid to say it.

First I take you back to draft night about 3-4 years ago. TNT had coverage and Kenny goes crazy because 10-15 picks in the first rounds are internationals. he goes on and on about that fact all night long.

the bottom line is that yao is a big part of this team and they resent him for being international. guys like kenny and chuck can't stand it that the rest of the world is producing better talent(in some cases). all internationals to a certain degree will always have to deal with it.

and the other part that gets tricky is yao is chinese. in a large part of america, communist china today is the new soviet union. yao and what they believe he stands for is feared. that adds to yao's perception, international+chinese.

bottom line, all internationals will have to deal with it, and chinese players will deal with being international product on top of the fact they are chinese. can you imagine a bad@ss mideast player(not turkey) named mohamed!?!?!

btw, that is why they like to see yao fail too. they get pleasure out of it more than others players failing. notice last night they were all over kirelinko and his crying saying he need to man up and play and blah blah. an american player going through a hard time, i don't know.?.?.?

6. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

The worse one was when they went over the premier defenders in the west.

They talked about Bowen, Raja Bell, Marion, Josh Howard, etc..

Not a friggin word about Battier. The guy is a beast defending and doing the little things. Unbelievable :mad:

7. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

Something tells me that if the Jazz were up 2-0; then TNT would be praising them for what they have accomplished. It seems that they are rroting for them to do well instaed of what we have done correctly. From Shane (the anchor) making all the right plays defensively...to Rafer (playing the entire game) basically being the shooting guard making sure that the turnovers are minimum...to Chuck Hayes' (playing better than J. Ho) defensive job on Okur when he is trying to do entry pass to Boozer!

Oh Yao is okay, but Dwight Howard, "That boy's a Man!"....ooooohhh 8 whole points

8. rua2006

rua2006 Member

Bell and Marion...I know they are great defenders, but how can it mean much when it leads them to have one of the worst defenses in the league, while Battier's brilliance is part of the best defense in the league? Battier should at least get a nod.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where's the " ALL OF YOU ARE HATERS" choice?
    Charles and Kenny are immune to kneejerk fanboy crybaby reactions cause they have served the Rockets well.
    None of you lazy VSPANs have done a thing for the Rockets organization.

I want that "ALL OF YOU ARE HATERS" choice.

10. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

I think we should make noise, get our voice on the show...maybe get that opinion into he chronical.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

question to you haters.

if you guys hate so much on kenny and charles, why don't you just flip the channel and watch the women's network? or oprah?
    [​IMG]

12. fromobile

tinman, it's obvious that they don't talk about the rockets

I'm a bigger Kenny Smith AND charles barkley fan than you are, dude. I've probably watched more games and know more about them than you do.

It's just a simple observations that they are avoiding the rockets.

13. fromobile

How do we get attention to this?? The chronical? Fran? When is his live chat?

14. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

They dont want to talk about the Rockets b/c they secretly dont want to JINX them!!!! Yes, it's true Kenny and Charles are secret Rockets fans and knows that if they give them too much credit, they start to lose (like when they started to favor us against the Mavs in '05). :eek: :p :p

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I know you are our standard bearer for the Rockets' vintage era, but does your first allegiance really lie with ex-Rockets analysts over the current Rockets squad? Kenny Smith deserves some deference for helping to bring home the trophies, but does he really have carte blanche with you to just crap all over your current Rockets team?

16. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. What happens if Kenny and Charles talk highly about the Rockets? People claim major bias. They HAVE to be careful about what they say; outside of dallas, homers are NOT wanted in sports media.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

oh you do? ok..

yeah they didn't talk about the Rockets at all.

question, you think LAKER FAN is mad at MAGIC for saying how crap the Lakers are??

ooohh. thought so.

18. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Are you for real?

"Rockets can't beat Utah." -- Charles Barkley

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't know why Kenny fears International players.

It's not like Kenny plays in the NBA.

Plus, I remember when Charles couldnt shut up about GINNOBBBOLLI!

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I LISTEN TO KENNY SMITH'S SIRIUS SHOW. HE TALKS ROCKETS ALL THE TIME. BOOM. DO YOU ?? HE HAS ROCKET GUESTS ON ALL THE TIME! DOES YOUR SHOW HAVE THEM?? YOU TELL KENNY THAT YOU DONT WANT HIM EVER ON THE ROCKET TEAMS AGAIN. HATE ON HIM WHEN YOU SEE HIM.