1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHY does the TNT Studio hate the Rockets??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fromobile, Apr 24, 2007.

1. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

ok, It's now officially OBVIOUS that the TNT crew do not talk about the Rockets. All they talk about are "slow down offense, Yao Ming and Tracy are the best half court players" and "Tracy needs to step up". then they immediately talk at length about what the Jazz need to do.

No "wow, look at D leager Chuck Hays making a name for himself"
    No "wow, Yao ming with solid numbers... man, he doesn't get the fouls he used to, and his descisions...etc."
    No "wow, look at Shane Battier..."
    No "wow, look at the job JVG has done with this squad..."
    No "Here's Kenny's pics with examples of JVG defense..."

All stuff they would normally want to talk about. They showed press conference tapes last night and then would not say anything, show the clip of Rasheed Wallace and talk about that rather than the Rockets.

SO!!! It's real. What do you think it is?

#1 fromobile, Apr 24, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

i just think they run out of things to say, thats why were darkhorses :cool:

3. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

They are the stereotypical bandwagon fans who will jump on us when we win and jump off when we lose. The only way to gain their respect is to keep on winning. I think we'll get more props if we do what we do next series.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

the Rockets make the TNT booth guys look stupid quite a bit... thats probably why

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I agree, but I would not call it bandwagoning, it's just gaining respect and IMO we still did not achieve that....we need to prove them wrong, especially TMac, everyone expects a lot from him, he can't afford to have a bad game or two...

honestly, I was not satisfied with the last two games we played, IMO that will not get us at the right spot

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Actually, last night the only things they wanted to talk about were Jazz topics.

* Sloan didn't want to talk about AK
    * AK needs to get to the gym and work out his problems
    * Okur needs to play like an all star (of course, they gave no credit to the fact that Chuck and Juwan are hanging on him like a cheap suit)
    * Boozer was the only one that showed up
    * The Jazz need to pick up the pace to tire out Yao

etc etc etc

The only time thing that was remotely about the Rockets was when EJ said to Kenny, what about your pick the Rockets and Kenny didn't know what to say.

It was irritating, but I seriously don't think they have anything to say about the Rockets because even though we are shooting like crap, we find a way to win. For them, there is nothing interesting to say there.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I guess I might be in the minority here who just doesn't care what the TNT or SportsCenter or NBAtv or SI say or do when it comes to the Rockets. They couldn't get the respect when they were back to back champions...why would they get it now? I don't know what the deal is with national media when it comes to anything Houston, but as a Houston sports fan for 28 years, I've just learned to tune it out.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

No you're not.

I used to get annoyed by (what I thought was) the lack of respect the national media gives us. But now I just don't care. There is no quota on how often national guys should talk about any team, us included. Utah is down, so, as analysts are supposed to do, they are talking about what they need to do to get back in the series. I don't have a problem with that.

Plus, with all due respect to the threadstarter, I think as Rocket fans, we won't be satisfied until everyone in the media picks us to go 16-0 on route to the Championship.

9. ysong00

ysong00 Member

my vote

10. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

They don't hate the Rockets. What's been said about us already has been said. They know we have good defense. They know of Shane Battier's intangibles. They know we have Yao and T-Mac. Nothing needs to be said. Also we need to play better than we have the first two games because it's obvious we arent an elite team yet. 4-24 from 3 pointers? thats horrible.

11. WNBA

WNBA Member

Barkley hates Yao. You don't expect anything good from his triple-ass mouth, which kissed ass' ass.

Magic loves TMAC and Yao though, only Barkley did all the talk.

12. G.O.A.T.

G.O.A.T. Contributing Member

Magic said the series was coming back to Houston 2-2. Where's the love?

13. ima_drummer2k

People used to say the same thing about Bill Walton back in the day, but I never saw it. That guy worships Hakeem (still to this day) and loved Rudy T.

14. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

Nope, you can tell. There's something going on. They do not talk about them. Period. You can tell they change the subject. Ernie says the most. Watch show on NBA.com. NOTHING

15. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Magic said that Rockets/Jazz are going to come back to Houston 2-2
    What a jack@$$ :mad:

16. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

Dude, take a pill. It's not like we have been blowing them out on OUR homecourt. Its going to be tough and i won't be suprised if it happens.

You are underestimating Utah.

17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I fully agree that they have had way too much negativity to spew about the Rockets this season... but right now they know how risky it is to start praising the Rockets just because we have a 2-0 lead from a couple shaky games.

I remember the crew (even Barkley!) was praising the Rockets pretty heavily after we went up 2-0 against the Mavepricks a couple years ago... and, well... we all know how that turned out.

They *MIGHT* feel safe to give us some love if we go up 3-0. Although, honestly, I would understand if they reserved all praise until we made the TKO.

18. ima_drummer2k

LOL, it's his opinion dude! And he's not exactly going out on a limb. Why does that make him a jackass?

This is kind of what I'm talking about when I say that we are all wearing Rocket colored glasses. Nothing wrong with that, but let's try to keep things in perspective.

19. Barkley

Barkley Member

I noticed that too. Barkley andthe other guys just do not like Rockets. Barkley would like Utah to go the the 2nd round i think, but i do not know why. TNT sucks, but that doesn't matter. We are 2-0

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

talking in third person, nice...