1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does the home crowd seem so flat this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, May 3, 2018.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Most College Kids don't want to pay 400 dollar seats what's the point. Would rather pay the bill than paying expensive seats. Leslie really did screw up, of who to target as a Crowd. Always target the Middle School, High School, College Guys if you want a Louder crowd.

HTown_TMac likes this.
  2. HookemHorns1250

It was interesting to see just how amazing the Astros playoff crowd was. Minute Maid was insane. Hopefully that can pick up if we make it to the next round.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Golden State has loud crowds even before their recent success and they have 2 baseball teams (As, Giants) and NFL teams (Raiders, 49ers) all within the same vicinity.

Boston, Cleveland, Toronto all have loud crowds as well.

Distractions do play a role of course within the arena, but I really do think its just the way the arena is designed with the club seats. Ticket prices are high but as posted earlier in the thread they aren't nearly as high as other teams and the Rockets are somewhat in the middle of the pack for ticket prices.

The thing I am actually worried about is if the Rockets do advance tonight to play the Warriors that there will be a ton of tickets bought by Warrior "fans" on the secondary market and their fans will be nullify what little home court advantage the Rockets may have had with the fans who do go.

MyLateRegistration and tinman like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets bad home attendance has conditioned the team to just react to loud sounds. Doesn't matter who it's coming from.

5. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Get used to it. The profile of buyers for the lower bowl changed from retail to corporate land.

Because those seats are sold in bulk, it makes for more stable seat sales for the organization. That strategy actually helps up the Rockets purchase price. So, unless Tillman was willing to take a lower return based on his buy-in, we likely won’t see the 93/94 style crowds. Although, in 2009, the experience was pretty electric.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

there’s so many GS fans in Houston, and a lot of the people I know who are Warrior fans were actually born here...it’s disgusting

got a 65 win team staring u right in the face but u want to ride with those bums from the Bay...gross

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it starts with identity
    team color
    city pride

they say "THE CITY" on their jersey
    it's not some limited time "CLUTCH CITY" jersey with their icon bridge on it

it also helps if the we had the real trophies

At this point, I don't care if we switch to Landry's font. Give me red and yellow.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  9. MyLateRegistration

Tickets are not 400 so stfu

10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I will say this everytime it comes up, but I paid nearly $300 last year for SA Game 6 with intention to try and bring the some soul to it in the close out game. The crowd was in it at first, then.. we seen the product on the court, and it got bland really quickly. I went to a few games during the regular season. I will buy a ticket in the WCF, wasn't buying it sooner. And it will probably not be in the lower bowl.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Les is the root of all evil?

12. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Judging from pics on Twitter, it's gonna be another empty game.

13. awc713

awc713 Member

Fixing the atmosphere has to be task #1 for Fertita this offseason. They tried to fix it with the red rowdies, but that's just a bandaid and honestly exacerbates the problem in my opinion. RR are annoying are are easy for most fans to disassociate with. What we need to do is just suck it up and let the blue collar crowd in the lower bowl, like the Summit days. If we had the fans who show up in the 400s in the lower bowl, TC would be ROCKING. That's the only way. Does Tillman want to win or make money? Time to oust the portions of the white collar crowd who don't show up. it's am embarrassment to this city. We're next to Miami as far as worst NBA fans. It's a joke.

Bob Barker 007 likes this.
  14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Ten minutes til and this place looks dead.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

:(

game won’t really be starting until like 7:15 so there’s still hope

16. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I wish I lived in Houston. I want to contribute.

17. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

just tune in saw the seat half empty!! i envy the (raptors) how there fans rock there arena even tho they are losing..

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the Les effect

19. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

WOW....closing game in the 2nd round and the entire front roll seats are all empty!! WTF?

cdrive likes this.
  20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At this point, they should just adopt the same dark lighting as the Lakers to obscure all of the empty seats. The team isn't going to abandon long-term corporate accounts and the people with these tickets aren't going to show up on time.