1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does no one care about the Miami Heat? Huge draft pick variance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, May 5, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

And to no surprise to a number of folks in this thread, Miami clinches the playoffs

2. fattz

fattz Member

My hope is Josh Giddey if we have to use this position in the draft. This could be Cade Cunningham 2.0. Both tall do it all guards. Giddey is a great fit and will make a difference for us. If we fall out of the top spots.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is too slow to make a difference. He is a good passer, nothing more than that. Tate is short, but he fits in because he is strong, intelligent and quick. He is able to utilize his skills because of his quickness and strength. Giddy will be eaten up on defense. Guys will close out quickly when he tries to hit a three.

D-rock likes this.
  4. saleem

No surprise to me either. Will their pick land in the 20's?

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Probably

6. saleem

Yeah, that's what we will probably get. Thanks.

chadyang likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tbh that would be fitting to continue with the downward spiral

8. fattz

fattz Member

Okay then we go big with Kai Jones or DayRon Sharpe both seem like a good fit. One may fall to the Blazers pick but if we could get get both even better. Maybe the Gonzaga forward Kispert or Wagner are still available, too. Any of the four would be a solid consolation price.

saleem likes this.
  9. saleem

Day'Ron Sharpe is likely to be available in the 20's. I like him. I have heard he is 6'10" instead of 6'8". Franz will likely go higher than the Miami pick. Kispert is a terrific shooter, but he doesn't bring anything to a team. Kai Jones might be a decent addition. He is somewhat skinny and raw, but he is tall and long.

10. sydmill

sydmill Member

Where have you seen that Sharpe was 6'8''? Everywhere I have read and from what I have seen I would have put 6'10'' as his floor. Im thinking more like 6'11'' or 7' and stout.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

a few weeks ago @Clutch started posting on twitter which teams the Rockets need to lose each night.

By my unscientific calculations, the teams the Rockets need to lose (Bucks,Blazers, Heat) have gone approximately 145-3 over that span, while the teams the Rockets need to win to pass up those teams (Hornets, Celtics, Grizzlies, Lakers) have won .186 of their games.

Not saying he jinxed it - but....

12. saleem

I recall reading that he gained 2 inches in another thread here.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Will the NBA Draft be held in person? Or, at worst, with all the team reps appearing via Zoom?

Has anyone imagined the look on our rep's face if we don't get the "frozen envelope"?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What do you expect people to do, exactly?

There is nothing we can do but wait to see how the season ends, and see what the lottery does....and hope for the best.

DD