1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does Chandler Parsons suck vs good teams but play GREAT vs BAD TEAMS?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by totti_c, Nov 7, 2014.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

15 million dollars for a role player? swing and a miss, a bad miss. one of the worst misses in your career. its so bad, that you have to retire, and fans watching at home have to turn the tv off it was so bad

2. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Hey, he's the best small forward on his team.

3. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Parsons contract is bad - but it is not that bad. He easily deserves something like 12 million a year. Cuban needed to get a real player and he wanted to annoy Morey, so he offered as much as he could. Thanks to Dirk taking less money, their roster isn't screwed by overpaying a guy by 3 million. Together they make 25, that's very reasonable.

I think the Mavs problem is not Parsons contract. It is just not a well built Team. Monte as a key creator is a Problem. Tyson is getting old. No real wing defender. Dirk, Monte and Parsons are just not a very good big 3.

4. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

Nice. :cool:

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

10 max, and the other problem is Parsons isn't really a championship guy, he isn't offensively gifted enough to be given the "weak wing defender" spot and he's not a good enough defender to be relied upon to be the "strong wing defender", while i can see why/how he should get more, in terms of winning, he's basically the formula of a high scoring mediocre team player once you go above 7m.

Like can you honestly give me a contending team that you consider his skillset a good fit on?

6. krouchchocolate

I would be pissed if I was Dirk. Taking that huge paycut...****

7. baubo

baubo Member

He's not if you're under the cap. The Rockets wouldn't even pay Lowry $12mil if it wasn't a S&T. There's a difference between the Rockets willing to pay him that much over the cap, and one where they have to clean cap to sign him.

This line of thinking doesn't make sense because Dirk was willing to take the paycut regardless of who they sign. Now, if Dirk for whatever reason told Cuban "Sign Parson for max or I'm not taking a paycut", then what you say would make sense.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

But he left Houston so easily

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

The only Chandler worthy of the Dish is......

[​IMG]

I am the official "Keep Parsons out of the Dish" coordinator....:eek:

BAM, you started down the right path with your moniker...;)

10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

But,but,but Barkley said their the best team in Texas.
    :rolleyes:

11. underrated015

underrated015 Member

He took a pay cut so they could get Parsons?? Have nothing against him but wtf? Would be pissed if i was dirk.

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

He is ...

that's why he already made that not-so-subtle dig at Parsons about out-of-town dinners.

13. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

if he stuck around for cheaper, he woulda still been the fan favorite... sigh wish him luck in that disgusting jersey

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Isn't Chandler that guy from the Friends TV show?

15. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Ariza has been playing pretty well.;)

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The look of "Who gives a ****??" on Parsons face last night when the fan got hurt was hilarious though. Mavs are experiencing exactly what we were last year with Lin and Parsons they are extremely streaky. They both will have stretches of being total liabilities or atleast playing below average ball to then dropping 50 on the Spurs or Memphis then very next game 1 for 20.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

MFFL's need to self-reflect and rescue their appreciation for this superstar who graciously chose to come play for them. may i suggest one way to show their true team spirit by showing up to the arena in a tight new pair of buffalo jeans perhaps. and don't forget to apply the proactiv solution twice daily too, for clear crisp complexion. being an MFFL is not just a 2.5hr three times a week sometimes nightshift, it's a way of life :)

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Have no idea what this means, bu

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Have no idea what this means, but with the amount of **** talking Mavs fans and Parsons has done, I'm enjoying those qftos.

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Because Parsons is very limited athletically. Ariza, despite the misinformation fed to you on this forum, is very much more athletic than Parsons. Fans reliably cannot evaluate athletes, coaches or organizations. They do not have the knowledge base, the experience or the acumen to reach a valid conclusion. When Parsons is physically over matched he disappears into the wood work. The easy open jump shot is not there and there is no open path to the hoop. This is made much worse since he has absolutely no dedication on the defensive side of the ball and continually runs out on the fast break before the defensive rebound is secured. Players like Harden and Howard have never been over matched in their careers. There is a world of difference.