1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does Chandler get 65 million and Dalembert still without a contract ??

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OlajuwonFan81, Dec 19, 2011.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

If you look at their statistics PER they are very similar. Both extremely good defenders that can rebound the basketball. I guess Chandler might have a slight edge on offense but that is obviously not the reason why he got all that cash. I live here in sacramento and watched Samuel on many occasions and I must say the guy defensively is pretty darn good. It just goes to show you that being on a the big stage in Dallas in my opinion is the sole reason why Chandler gets paid and Samuel does not. Not to mention the fact that Chandler has some injury concerns.

With all that said I am not for signing dalembert just for the simple fact that this team needs to get younger and build through the draft.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The market is weird like that. I guess Chandler gets the "Championship Team Playoff Run Hero Bonus" and the "Leadership Bonus."

Sam was on a crappy team and has had a reputation as a whiner (maybe an unfair one, but it's out there... I remember there was something about him withdrawing from the Canadian national team for personal conflicts stuff a couple years ago).

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chandler is on a Maverick high at the moment. Before last year, they were the same player. For the most part, they still are, imo.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

His defensive skills and athleticism are better than Sammy, but mostly because of hype. I'm seriously surprised Miami or Dallas didn't offer anything to him.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Chander is an excellent defender and finisher (led the leage in TS%). Dalembert can block shots, but overall is not a great defender and is nowhere near as efficient as Chandler offensively.

In short, Chandler is pretty good and Dalembert kinda sucks.

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Chandler is stronger but more athletic......NO.

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

What an idiotic conclusion.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Blah blah blah blah.

If Chandler had stayed with Charlotte (who by the way, was the second team just trying to dump him and his salary) or gone to a team like Sacramento he would be viewed just like Dalembert is now, if not worse due to his injury history.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Dalembert sucks and always has

1 person likes this.
  10. Mr. Clutch

Seems to me like the NBA has come to the same idiotic conclusion, since Chandler has a big contract and Sam is unsigned.

11. Mr. Clutch

Then why did Dallas sign him last year?

12. Mr. Clutch

This.

Where did all these DOF's come from?

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Too bad he didn't. Too bad he was the heart of a Championship defense and made tremendous plays to secure a Championship. You gunna stop whining now?

14. crash5179

They traded for him, he was an expiring contract and was not expected to start over Brandon Haywood (who the Mavs just signed to a large contract). I have always liked Chandler for the exact same reasons I like Dalembert, but the media in Dalls (I live in Dallas) blasted the trade saying it did nothing to help the team. Of course once he started performing the local media loved him.

The Mavs were in discussions with Dalembert prior to trading for Lamar Odom, but with a team so far over the cap they can only offer so much.

I think the question you should have asked is, "why did'nt Dallas try and re-sign Chandler this season?" After all Chandler made it known that he wanted to come back.

15. crash5179

Whats wrong? Does it get under your skin when facts are used. To bad, deal with it or move on. Chandler was the missing piece to the Mavs last season, Dalembert may have provided the same thing. They are very similar players as far as what there production on the floor. Both very good but Dalembert is a lot less injury prone than Chandler.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Defensively they are a wash. Dalembert is a good defender.

Chandler is obviously the better offensive player.

All you need to know about Chandler is that Dallas made almost no effort to keep him.

17. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

He needs to sign with Miami

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

well why didn't any contender (including the Heat) go after him? why hasn't he been signed yet? Answer: Teams don't seem to see him as a player worth worrying about or even rushing to sign. Unlike Chandler.

19. Mr. Clutch

They couldn't afford him.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Dalembert hasn't signed, but that doesn't mean he hasn't gotten offers. He just thinks he's worth (or could demand) more than he's been offered so far. I don't think he'll make as much Chandler, but he'll probably get a mini-albatross contract in the end.