1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does America 'care' about Syria, but not Palestine?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by OldfanofTmac, Sep 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hydhypedplaya, adeelsiddiqui, FranchiseBlade, CometsWin etc. will hate Israel, no matter what. Just like the Palestinians, they would love to see Israel and its people wiped off the map.

2. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

I have no problem with Israel existing. You, however, have shown you have a problem with Muslims living.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This.

Their bias is unbelievable. They are so duped by the media.

4. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

This coming from the guy who makes the most useless threads on Obama? What's sad is people I know IRL that come on here, but don't have an account, know just how racist you are.

5. dback816

dback816 Member

Why don't we just relocate the entire Israeli population to the mid west

Problem solved

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'm no racist

you cannot find 1 post of mine that is racist.

7. treeman

treeman Member

Please show me examples of the IDF indiscriminately throwing rockets into civilian territory? Precision-guided bombs do not count - they are aimed at specific targets. Rockets... You never know where they are going to land. I've been rocketed before, I know how it feels. They are terror weapons when launched at populated areas.

Oh, OK, I get it now. Because Hamas hasn't signed the treaty they are not bound to it's rules, correct? So they don't have to follow the rules, they are free to attack civilians, right?

Again, the IDF goes to great lengths to avoid collateral damage. Not as much as we do, but then again no one else does either. But they make a point to try and avoid it.

The Palestinians don't. They make a point of TARGETING civilians. That's really what distinguishing them from the IDF.

Oh, what a tragedy. Poor, poor old uncle Ahmed, all he did was help found Hamas and guide it on a path to murder Jews en masse... :rolleyes:

REALLY?!? That's your example? The world would have been better off if his mother would have aborted him. He's right up there with OBL. Completely justifiable target.

LOL, they could retake Gaza any time they wanted. It's not worth the cost. They have the wall fairly well established now and Hamas is left with rocket attacks. (Why do you think that suicide bombings are relatively rare now? It's because of the wall)

They hope - as they always have - that the Palestinians will eventually come to their senses and reject groups like Hames. Not happening so far.

Of course, Hamas hasn't exactly obliged the people. Tell me, Oh Knowledgable Scholar, when was the last election held in the Gaza or the PZ/ West Bank? (please, educate us all on the happenings of Palestinian democracy :grin: )

You are quite a comedian. I acknowledged that the Palestinians elected a terrorist organization to run their territory. Which they did. And you jump from that to me acknowledging Israeli "war crimes"? Um, OK. :rolleyes:

Then maybe Hamas should come out and meet them on the field of battle, and not hide behind their families? Really, if they'd do that then we could get this all over with rather quickly and move on. But the Palestinians are all about the martyrdom, even if its their own family members. How else to perpetuate the hatred through the generations?

It offered them autonomy in almost all of the land that they wanted.

Beggars can't be choosers. Losers of wars can't expect to get everything they want at the negotiating table. It doesn't work that way. The winners' security interests take precedent.

Had the Palestinians accepted that deal they'd probably have their own state right now, and the ME would be a different place. But they have never been interested in peace, so they didn't. It has always been about pushing the Jews into the sea, not learning to live with them.

Dumb enough to argue on the Interwebz with a supporter of Islamic terrorism. Which I suppose indicates that I have poor time management skills, if nothing else.

It's a Jewish state. Why do you not understand that? It's an EXTREMELY uncomplicated concept. And again, right of return for the Palestinians means an end of the Jewish state.

Why do you want to destroy Israel?

Cry me a river. Again, the losers in wars don't get to dictate the terms. The Palestinians were offered 100% of Gaza and 92% of the West Bank, so your numbers are simply false. It was the best deal they had ever gotten. It's a better deal than they will ever get again. With the wall and technologies like Iron Dome, and with the regimes around them who spent decades attacking them collapsing, the Israelis have even less incentive to negotiate.

They should have taken the deal.

Again, incorrect. It was taken DIRECTLY from the Camp David plan. Sharon was HEAVILY criticized for it as well, as the Israelis got nothing in return for it.

Well, I guess they've gotten quite a few rocket attacks out of it, and a couple of minor wars as a result. Aside from that, they didn't get much out of it.

And it will continue to do so until Hamas stops trying to import weapons to kill Israelis with. Or until the Palestinians elect a government that does not desire perpetual war.

Really? Have you ever looked at a map of the area? It is a very short drive from the '67 borders to Israel's soft points and populated areas.

Do you understand the concept of depth? I ask this not in an insulting way. Depth mattes very much to a nation that has to maintain its military readiness by keeping a certain portion of its civilian population as viable reserves. Israel is literally so small that there is no time - from the '67 borders - to respond to any incursion. They are untenable borders. And for a nation that has been repeatedly attacked over a nearly 70 year period, tenability of defense is an important consideration.

No, they don't. No one on this planet has that capability. They can stop a certain percentage of attacks. Which is why Hamas is so busy amassing rockets for the next go-round (as is Hizbollah in the north).

No, you are delusional. I understand the limits of military capacity. They do NOT have the capability to control everything, not anymore than we do. That's why they built the goddamned wall, because they can't monitor it all with perfection.

Again, you need to research the meaning of strategic depth. Just google it.

Hudna is a temporary truce that one makes with the intention of breaking it at a later date. In Islamic practice it means that you make a truce, you rearm, and then when you get a pretext you attack again.

You did not surprise me. I suspected you would fail to understand its significance.

With the '67 borders, which don't exist. Fantastic! :rolleyes:

Says the man who supports an organization on the US State Department's list of terrorist organizations.

WOW! I didn't think you'd actually be dumb enough to take that bait!

So, tell us all about how persecuted widdle Al Qaeda is really just fightin' the Man. Tell us how it's all our fault, and WE are really to blame. C'mon, tell us. Let it all hang out. :grin:

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'd be glad to relocate the Zionists and Israelis to Berlin and let them have their Jewish state there. I think that's a great idea and they can call it Israel if they want. I vote yes.

9. CometsWin

You can't find one post, it's more like hundreds. LOL

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Nazi-like thinking.

11. CometsWin

Obviously you hate Jews since you refuse to give them a state of their own in Germany. Well, that was easy.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It is easy for you to make idiotic statements, yes.

13. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

This thread has become a den of stupid.

Israel and Hamas don't recognize each other and don't communicate with each other other than through back channels (Egypt) and mutual missile strikes. Israel hasn't had settlements there since Ariel Sharon uprooted them in 2005.

It shouldn't be confused with the PA.
    Negotiations in the Territories and for statehood is with the PA (a bigger enemy to Hamas that Israel), and the when it comes to Abbas and Netanyahu and the business of "recognizing Israel as a Jewish state" there is a lot of talking out of both sides of the mouth by both sides. Abbas can't say that Israel is "Jewish" as long as 20% of the people living inside of it are Arabs (which will piss off a lot of his people) but as he said, "Israel can call itself whatever kind of state it wants to, I don't care. I just want tthe Occupation to end." It's no secret that the Likud party wants to have the status quo as long as it can...it's the path of least resistance from their point of view.

Hamas BTW, is suddenly very isolated. They are not a part of negotiations with Israel, Egypt has all but blockaded the border and destroyed the smuggling tunnels, and their support of the rebels in Syria has put them on the wrong side of their traditional benefcators (especially Iran). I don't expect them to be in power forever, and I'm sure a lot of Gazans are looking at what happened to the MB in Egypt as encouraging signs for a future.

As far as statehood goes, the best offer so far given was Olmert's (which included East Jerusalem and making the Old City an international zone, and small territorial swaps for the 8% of settlement blocs where the majority of Israelis live on the other side of the Green Line), who claims he was very close to a final agreement until corruption charges brought his administration down. Abbas wants to continue from there (which is reasonable) but Bibi's hawkish/messianistic coalition won't have it.

Livni is Israel's negotiator now. She was the same one during Olmert's term, so in principle, East Jerusalem and the Temple Mount aren't impossible to get around. What remains is Israel's demand for security of the border with Jordan and airspace and the PA's demand for right of return, which is not for refugees of 1948, but for all their descendents as well, to be able to move to places inside Israel proper. Both are unreasonable and nothing will happen unless both sides give this up.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Deji, once again thank you for your informative and balanced post. What a lot of people need to remember is that Hamas doesn't represent all of the Palestinians and conversely Likud isn't the whole of Israel. Further neither Israel or Palestinians are going to go away. The Israelis will not be pushed into the sea and most of Israel's neighbors and the PA recognize that. At the same time other Arab countries aren't just going to absorb the Palestinians and leave the land between the Mediterranean and the Jordan River to the Israelis.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except I support Israel, so your comment makes zero sense. I absolutely want Israel to succeed

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The IDF was found to have taken civilian Palestinians youths and used them as human shields. They forced them to enter first in hostile situations, enter places that were possibly booby trapped etc. That is targeting of civilians in very calculated matter.

The Palestinians are most definitely guilty of terrorism. I love the idea that Hamas is isolated from discussions and negotiations. That's how terrorists should be treated. Don't give them power.

17. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

You missed a few people off of your "list"...

Freaking psycho.

18. CometsWin

Why do you hate Jews?

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Via mass slaughter? I lived there for nine years, they wouldn't give "Abe" a fighting chance.