1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Why do you really want Dwight Howard??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, Aug 6, 2012.

?

Why do you really want Howard???

Poll closed Aug 11, 2012.
  1. Superstar presence in the City!

81.7%
  2. Easy to associate him as a name!

13.6%
  3. I don't know why

15.7%
  4. Just to have more National Televised Games

18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ejarts

ejarts Member

he doesn't wanna be here. so I don't want him here either.net prolly gonna get everyone fired then go to division rivals, the Mavs. so no thanks.

2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a false premise. If the Rockets were willing to give up their roster, he would already be here. Morey is not going to give everything up for Dwight because he wants to make another significant acquisition. I can assure you that he is not going to trade for Dwight and then try to entice him to stay here with the promise of playing with Diamon Simpson and Courtney Fortson.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I didn't vote. I have always been against it. The people who want Howard don't even know why they want him. He isn't going to win us a championship next year and will leave soon after. Waste of time and talent to do a trade for Dwight.

4. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I think Cleveland fans rooted they ass off as well for Lebron and didnt want him to leave but you cant make no one stay dude

5. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

The question is...

Do YOU really want a championship?

6. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

The point of the NBA is to win championships.

You're closer to winning a championship with a superstar than 2-3 allstar types.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wrong superstar.

8. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Its funny how ppl back up this trade for Howard is that he would not walk away from 30-55 million. Who gives a rip how much he leaves on the table its not like he is going to get on Clutchfans and scroll through everyone who backed up his trade to houston and give yall that money. Need to make basketball moves not jersey sell moves

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

The REAL question is...

Does YOU HONESTLY think Lin + Howard+Asik + Hedo (most likely but could be Richardson or Big Baby) equal a championship?

10. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Last time I checked NBA Champion is not in front of Dwight Howard name....this is Melo all over again STOP THE MADNESS

11. theDude

Supporting Member

Kevin Martin + Patterson + a pick for Dwight Howard is a waste of time and talent?

12. theDude

Supporting Member

NBA Champion was not in front of Lebron or Bosh's names before the Heat acquired them, either.

13. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Lebron took a team with less talent to the Finals and been to three total so your point is?;)

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

With the players that we had like Scola, Doran, Lowry, Lee, etc. he would have been a really good fit; not so much now. Besides I have lost interest in him because of all the whining, indecision, and evasion. He obviously doesn't want to be here, which is fine with me. Let's see what we can do with what we have and who else we can get.

15. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Tell the Spurs and Pistons this...the word superstar is thrown to loosely these days

16. supa

supa Contributing Member

well who is the right superstar that we can get?? Cause none of our rookies are going to become a Lebron, Durant, or Dwight.

17. supa

supa Contributing Member

So you are saying Duncan is not a superstar???

18. theDude

Supporting Member

That he was not a champion until he had the right team around him. Didn't stop the pursuit. And before the trade he had only been to one Finals, same as Dwight. How good the supporting casts were is subjective. Everyone agrees that both carried their teams there.

19. redlawn

redlawn Member

Change the name Dwight Howard to Anthony Davis, and I'm all in.

20. underdog7

underdog7 Member

None of the options in the poll seemed "right" to -- I'd want Dwight b/c of his defense and b/c I am assuming he is a good finisher on the pick and roll. Haven't looked at his PnR stats, but I'm assuming they are good.