1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do you hate the cowgirls? (if you do)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Austin70, Dec 29, 2004.

1. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

Oilers-Cowboys was hardly a rivalry. That Texans-Cowboys game was far more intense than any Oilers-Copwboys matchup ever was.

The Steelers and Browns were far more bitter rivals for both the Oilers and their fans.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

He must be really really good then. ;)

I have always been an Eagles fan since watching football because my cousin played for them. I dislike the Cowboys because of their designation as America's Team and the fact that everybody around where I live likes them.

3. SamCassell

SamCassell Member

Er... oops. You know what I meant. :D

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Because I'm a Raiders Fan and We hate everything that isn't Raiders.

and...

Like BK said, there are so many Cowboys fans and they don't know jack about the team, It got very irritating hearing all the bandwagoners saying how good "we" are. Yeah... and 3 years ago "we" was the 49ers you disgrace to loyalty.

Chad Hennings crushing Jeff Hostetler in 95 when we did have an 8-2 record, after that thrashing we lost the next 6.

3rd, the cowboys suck.

4th, RC Cola posts a cowboys thread in the hangout when maybe 3 people care and the rest of us just hope they lose.

5th, Jerry Jones can suck it with Gravy.

But I still laugh at the fact we beat Dallas in the 4-12 1997 campaign when James Jett caught a touchdown pass from Jeff George after it bounced off Darren Woodson's shoulder pad.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

The smugness and arrogance, I grew up in Houston and live in Dallas now, so I got watch the Cowgirls get beat up this year and listen to the media here bash the hell out of them, it a great time to be alive!

6. firecat

firecat Member

I grew up a Cowboys fan. My favorite player was Tony Dorsett and when I would play football in the yard, I was always Roger Staubach. It was tough being a cowboys fan in Houston with my family all being big Oilers fans. My family watched the Oilers on the family TV while I would have to watch the Cowboys in the other room on the little black and white tv with horrible reception.

When I was in high school, I remember where I was when I got the news that Tom Landry was fired. I was furious. I didn't really know who Jerry Jones was at the time, but once Tom was gone, I knew I couldn't be a Cowboys fan anymore.

So I became an Oilers fan. They weren't that great at the time, but the Run and Shoot was just starting so I got lucky to be a fan for the Oilers during such an exciting era. I was obsessed with knowing everything I could find out about the team. If we didn't win (which we usually did) I would feel sick to my stomach. I think the Buffalo game broke my spirit.

Now, I'm a Texans fan, but I have yet to really fall too deep emotionally into their success. I'm sure that it will happen eventually. For now, all of my emotion goes for the Longhorns football.

I can't say that I really hate the Cowboys because they have become pathetic. I hope they stay pathetic though, it's fun to watch.

7. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

I am precisely the same with one addition:

I am a cheesehead. *ducks*

During thatl stretch in the 90s those perpetual cowboys vs packers playoff games are the primary reason I express glee in watching the cowboys fail.

8. Rocket G

Rocket G Member

They are from Dallas.

Dallas sucks.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

I've always been a Cowboy's fan, but living in Houston, the Oilers were my team too...I still like the Titans, only because of McNair...

I now live in Dallas, and for the most part, if you've lived in Houston, you definitely notice a difference in how people act/ are raised around here...Not all, but a lot of people or stuck up and really shouldn't be...

Dallas is the land of $30,000 millionaires...:rolleyes:

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

ROFL - those 3 people being Surfguy, CriscoKidd, and DrewP!:D

I asked this before and I will ask it again:

Who was the jabroni that decided the Cowboys should be "America's Team"? Anyone?

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

My mom is a huge Cowboys fan and my dad would have bled for the Oilers. Growing up, that was hell on Sundays sometimes.

My dad used to deck me out in Oilers sweatsuits and stuff when I was in elementary school. I lived in Northeast Texas, one of the ****tiest parts of the world, and the other kids used to tease me because of my Oilers gear. By the time I was in juinor high, the Cowboys were in the midst of their era of dominance and I followed the crowd faithfully, going so far as to get one of those pullover Cowboys Starter jackets. I might as well have put a bullseye on my chest, 'cause I had two of the damn things stolen.

Now that I'm an adult, I recognize the evil of Cowboys. The smug arrogance the team was lucky enough to back up for a few years. My mom still roots for the pathetic team they field today, and the occassions when the Texans b**** slapped them were probably some of the most satisfactory times of my dad's life.

12. Dubious

Dubious Member

When I was a boy in the early 60's my Dad always took us to at least one game in the Cotton Bowl back when everyone beat the crap out of the Cowboys. I watched Eddie Labaron in the snow.
    Then the Cowboys got pretty good. They had a gentlemen owner that stayed out of the football business. They had a coach who wore a suit and a hat and was a respected man's man. And they had the Doomsday defense. I was proud to be a Cowboy fan. They weren't America's team, they were my team.

Then somehow that freakin hillbilly, from Arkansa no less, took over. He thought because he played a little college ball he knew all there was about the game. He fired my coach (oh sure the boys were going through a little rough patch at the time). But at least he replaced him with a good ol boy from Texas and thanks to the horsetrade of the Century (even though Herschel will always be my favorite Cowboy) they got pretty good again.

But then the cocaine went to that hilbilly's head and he thought he had something to do with it (he didn't) and he ran off the coach. After enough years of futility he's decided well, maybe he doesn't know anything so he's brought in some fat slob carpetbagger that thinks you motivate players by telling them how dumb they are, and that you build a team by bringing in old slow has beens. (hear me JVG?)

So, I hope they keep losing, until the hillbilly goes broke and has to sell the team to a new owner that is half as honorable as Bob McNair.

13. m_cable

m_cable Member

Because I'm a Niner's fan. Enough said.

14. swilkins

swilkins Member

I don't hate the Cowboys (including Jerry Jones).

I can't stand the fans.

They hide when the team is doing lousy and then come out of the woodwork when the team wins 1 game.

They are the Fairest of the Fair Weather Fans.

15. tim562

tim562 Member

Happy 19 - 10 day; courtesy of Sportsradio 610

16. MadMax

MadMax Member

Because my dad and my older brother did.

Because I'm a Houston sports fan. Because I was an Oiler fan...and am now a Texan fan.

Because they made it so easy to hate them in the early to mid 90's when I was in college in the Dallas media market.

Because their fans are hilarious and the parody of jokes of other fans around the league. "Michael Strahan...you ain't got nuthin...how 'bout them Cowboys??!!" Because there is no NFL to them other than the Cowboys. "God's Team."

Because they're the Evil Empire.

Because of Jerry Jones. Hell, he's even turned off long-time Cowboys fans around the state.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Not a big fan of Jerry Jones, but he did vote for Houston to get the expansion team over LA.

18. MadMax

MadMax Member

no one voted against that! :) i can't credit him for that. i refuse to!

he was a proponent of a team returning to Houston...likes the natural rivaly, i'm sure. liked Mr. McNair's big check even better, i'm betting.

19. DrewP

DrewP Member

Are you guys under the impression that Cowboys fans like Jerry Jones?

I will quote my father:

"Look what that b*stard did to my Cowboys"

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

How do they feel about Parcells?