1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do you dislike Obama?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DudeWah, Jul 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The CBO projected the 2009 deficit to be 1.2 Trillion. This projection took place in Jan 2009. The date of the projection is significant. The projection was not a few years down the road, but for the immediate year, meaning it's much more accurate. The projection took place before Obama took office and before any of the Congress's stimulus plan took effect. In addition, the stimulus package wasn't ALL focused on 2009, but spread out over a number of years. Most of the stimulus happen after 2009.

GladiatorRowdy is right that the largest component of the 1.5 Trillion deficit in 2009 was due to the Great Recession. You are making up facts - very typical and you lose trust due to continuing down this path.

If you disagree, come back with facts and not words.

CBO proejction:
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=...ult/files/51118-2009-01-BudgetProjections.xls

1 person likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Their projection was based on policies enacted by the Democrat controlled house and senate. Like I said, they went on an irresponsible spending spree not seen since WW2.

Despite revenues falling, they jacked up spending by half a trillion dollars in 2009 and maintained that much higher level of spending for years doing nothing but accruing massive amounts of debt.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow - Bush had the greatest spending increase ever, and Obama inherited his turd, and made it better, yet it is Obama's fault....cause you know, he is black, and Bush is a good ole red necked boy.

DD

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

As usual, your denial is strong while your knowledge of history and economics is weak. I shouldn't expect anything else.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing I said was inaccurate, but I get that you are a strong Democrat who feels like you have to stand up for your party. It's just what people like you do.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The 2009 budget was written and approved by Democrats in the house and senate, that's the budget that jacked up spending to create the massive 1.4 trillion dollar deficit. It was voted for by then Senator Obama, and the policy was continued until the people voted out the Democrats so that relative fiscal responsibility could return. IMO they still haven't done enough.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sounds like what TORT reform did in Texas

Rocket River

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

9. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Wrong, none of it was accurate in the least.

...who hasn't ever voted for a Democrat for President...

I do stand up for the Libertarians, I believe they are the only principled party that currently exists.

As opposed to people like you, who ignore history, twist facts, assume things about others, and ignore the evidence in favor of the narrative you choose to believe in their place.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Bush is a country club hayseed, and somewhat by choice given his colonial background. I think he would have traded his entire political career to own the Cowboys or run MLB.

11. jbasket

jbasket Member

I think Obama is a good guy. As McCain said, a "Good family man." It's a shame at least that the class the '08 nominees won't be replicated this election. Democrats, and I'm sure many reasonable conservatives, myself included, would probably see a 3rd term of Nobama instead of these two dump of candidates. Gotta give it to him for the Lehman Brothers and Cash for Clunkers.

Pesky bias, you mean.

Baby boomers are retiring. Unrelated to Obummer.

Except when it does:

http://www.voxeu.org/sites/default/files/file/reboot_upload_0.pdf

Funny, imbalanced capital flows started a debt speculative attack (sound like a situation in the US?). Obviously, the US gov't is a very stable investment (and has monetary policy). Why not just stay responsible however?

I assume you know the true number to look at is debt vs. gdp ratio, not raw. The U.S. is still rising in this regard iirc. However, in the Depression, it was extremely high as well, and we were able to recover successfully. We will see what happens now. If we are able to lower it like post Depression, there's nothing to worry about. But I don't have faith in either party.

Yea, the 90% number is kinda bogus, but to deny that the general concept will have any consequences ever... well...

Arguing about the deficit is pointless: it is directly correlated with the economic health of the nation. Of course the deficit is higher when in a recession: it doesn't matter the president. Pages wasted on a pointless argument.

That is an overstatement. Probably be rated above average, but won't hit the top 10 imo. Hover around 15 plus/minus, which for the dems, is not something to be disappointed about, considering the circumstances.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can say that you were a fan of the free spending Democrats, but you can't deny the facts. The Democrat controlled congress (including then Senator Obama) is the reason for the massive increase in spending and thus huge deficit of 2009. There's no way you can spin that.

You simply aren't a Libertarian, and if you were, you wouldn't be making excuses for out of control spending.