1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do yall hate Moochie?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Evol, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Evol

Evol Member

Im new to the boards, but please inform me on why ya'll hate him. I always read threads that bad mouth him. PLEASE tell me why so I'll be informed. Thanks dudes!!!

2. dimsie

dimsie Member

Although I am deeply ignorant, I'm going to guess and say: he has delusions of grandeur (he thinks he's a much better player than he actually is); he dribbles the ball too much without achieving things; and many people don't like the hair. (I am probably in the minority - I *love* the hair.)

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

It all started when Moochie was playing hardball with the Rockets during the summer, with contract negotiations.

Once he got his overpriced contract, he didn't play as well as he did last year, mainly because of his propensity to dribble around in circles. Hence the name "Little Dribbler".

4. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't think folks hate him; just still grumpy about the offseason crap.

oh...and maybe DRIBBLING THE BALL UNTIL THE FINAL 2 SECONDS and THEN passing...

whew...had to get that off my chest.

5. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Cohen, don't be mean. He now gives the ball up with easily 3 seconds on the shot clock:D :rolleyes:

Dallas Rocket

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He dribbles way too much then passes off at the last second. 1 game in 12, he might be part of a heroic play (winning assist/bucket). The other 11 games, he's:

dribble dribble dribble dribble
    shoot!
    clank!
    matador defense
    other team's fastbreak bucket (repeat)...

I loved Mooch last year, but now that he has his contract and that assurance from the coach and the organization, he gets to join our backcourt in their own stirring rendition of "My Way".

7. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Did anyone hear the interview with Moochie the other night before the Orlando game? Most of the interview was about how he practices buzzer beaters! "3, 2, 1, shoot" Thats what he does. He stays arrives early and stays late to practice buzzer beaters. I think this explains alot.:mad:

What he's doing then in the middle of the second quarter is-dribble dribble dribble, shot clock winds down, 3, 2, dribble, "oh sh*t Steve Kerr is really clamping down with the defense, better pass it to Steve", ooone, pass to Steve, shot clock violation.

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Because the team is losing and people need scapegoats:

Enter Rudy, Moochie, Mobley. Go ahead and throw KT in there as well.

9. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

What do you think the problem is? Why is the team losing, o self righteous one?

#9 backwardhead, Feb 20, 2002
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2002
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Moochie is actually a VERY good player and the best PG on the Rockets.

He has the best Assist to T/O ratio on the team.

Moochie more often then not gets his teamates involved, the dribble dribble dribble issue that people whine about is the offense that RUDY installed.

Mooch is not overpaid and he hustles like crazy...he could start for some teams.

DaDakota

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i like moochie...i do not like the idea of signing a backup point guard to a 5 year deal at the money he's being paid.

12. dave feitl

dave feitl Member

Moochie has his problems but he stays on the court, and he gets the team involved.Go to the stats and you will see that alot of times he plays less minutes than steve and has more or almost more assists than Steve.Steve doesn't want to be a pg he wants to be a superstar.Moochie wants to be a pg and a superstar.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think there are probably a lot of people here who like Moochie just fine. You don't hear from us much because we tire of baseless criticisms much quicker than his detractors do.

14. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I hate Moochie because of his FRO. I can't grow a FRO and I want a FRO... so my plan is to rob Moochie and steal his FRO. Then they will have to let me play in the NBA.

Moochie is the man. :D

15. Gypsy

Gypsy Member

Agreed.

16. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Well either Rudy is a hypocrite (you always see him yelling at the team to pass or do something with the ball) or the players do not listen to what he has to say.

17. Gypsy

Gypsy Member

He's a hypocrite if the players are using his system properly. If they aren't, that doesn't necessarily imply they aren't listening to him.

The third option is that they are still learning the system. Rudy's system relies on everyone making the right read and responding appropriately and quickly.

If Moochie is dribbling too long, it's because the offense isn't reacting quickly enough or well enough to the defense.

18. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

excuse me?

moochie is my most favorite player!!!

[​IMG]

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Someone has taken over for DaDakota. Who are you and what have you done with the real DaDakota?!
    Moochie is the best guard on the Rockets?
    Heard of Francis and Mobley? I honestly think T. Brown and Torres are better.
    Moochie's dribbling is because of Rudy?
    Is that why Rudy stands on the sidelines screaming,"Too much dribbling?"
    Moochie is not overpaid?
    How much would you pay for a CBA backup?
    Moochie could start for many teams?
    In what league?

DaDakota is a clever, savy, funny, insightful basketball analyst. Who are you? ;)

20. Houstone

Houstone Member

Evol, do you post in insidehoops?