1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do we tolerate Muslim intolerance?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gwayneco, Sep 19, 2005.

1. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Yeah, Some Hindu temples are completely covered in swastikas.

It seems like the Muslims who fire on the red cross international background is limited also. Does that excuse them?

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

ya man, the amount of stuff the bosnians went thru, you can only learn when you speak to first generation bosnians whove been thru the abuse and torture that they go thru daily. I donno why, but at times I get real mad when we are taught about the holocaust every day, yet such daily genocides pass us by with not even a whisper in our education system.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

That's hilarious. I speak 3 languages and have worked in 7 foreign countries. I'd question your international qualifications, smartie pants. But you're right - clearly when shown a swastika in Asia, they immediately think, Sioux Indians!

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Hell no, these people are illiterate and need to be taught that the red cross is not against them in any form or way, but then again there are tons of muslims who will swear that all non muslims are the devil, so that just shows what lack of proper education can do to a person.

5. Major

Major Member

Absolutely not - I think it's ridiculous both ways, honestly. I don't think we should be offended by an Indian organization that uses a swastika, and I don't think they should be offended by the Red Cross, especially given what the Red Cross does. That said, I fully understand why they might be offended, as I understand why someone here might be offended by a swastika-company. In no case does that warrant firing on them though - that's just plain dumb.

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Especially when combined with religion.

7. Major

Major Member

You clearly didn't learn much during that time.

Based on your level of English comprehension, I wonder if you even properly can read one language.

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

thats what i wanted to elaborate on, these people hear snippets of religious sermons and begin to decipher those words based on their agenda. If only they were educated, they could pick up the book and read themselves what the sayings really are trying to welll, say.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

LOL - love the insults - the classic sign that you and your band of merry liberals have gone down in defeat....

What are your international qualifications? Have you been to Oklahoma? LOL

10. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

No, they think Hindu's.

Remember bigtexx, asia is the home of the Indians, not Native americans, those are different indians we are talkin about.

:rolleyes:

I question your international qualifications, what languages do you speak, and what countries have you worked for, and lastly, when did you work in those 7 countries.

thank you

11. rhadamanthus

Organized religions and those who follow them tend to frown upon modern education.

12. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

These days they're probably thinking of Falun Gong.

[​IMG]

13. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I hope you arent speaking of Islam. Because in my religion we are told to gain education, as it is one of our god given rights. That is a main reason many early muslims were leaders in science, medicine, maths, and other fields. Because they actually learned modern education on top of religious texts. sadly now tho, we have many of our people who dont have either, yet they are teh ones who are always on the news :eek:

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Hells Yeah!! Thems muslims is igniment 'n theys intolerint too!!! I says I say we punish em real goodn real properlike!! We gots the full mandate now aginst them hitler luvers!!! Let's take all uh their oils!!! We uh gonna pull the black rug rite frumb undurneath em!!! We gonna put the Wolverine back in Red Dawn!!!!

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And despite this you haven't the slightest understanding of history in the region of the world this article is discussing, or you wouldn't have stuck your foot in your mouth with the comment you made about the red cross and a schwaztika(note the irrelevant spelling bigtexxx).

How long did you work in those seven countries? What level of proficiency are you in which three languages?

I am asking because you present that information as if it should lend credence to your posts. If it is to truly lend validity to what seems like ignorance then I think it is fair that you fill us in with the details.

16. Major

Major Member

Let's see, from your first post in this thread:

<I>
    Talk about ignorance.
    </I>

From your second:

<I>I've noticed amongst the liberal crowd that it's now fashionable to bash Christians. </I>

From your third:

<I>Once again you're owned by the lone conservative in this argument</i>

So I take your non-stop hurling of insults as a "classic sign that you and your band of merry conservatives have gone down in defeat"?

<quote=bigtexxx>
    What are your international qualifications? Have you been to Oklahoma? LOL
    </quote>

Sadly, yes I have been to Oklahoma. :( As far as this topic goes, my qualifications happen to be BEING Indian. Not that even that is relevent - it's the knowledge that you show in your posts that demonstrate your understanding of international culture, not where you've been or how many languages you might speak. It's perfectly possible to be as untravelled and rural American as anyone on the planet and understand international culture, or be travelled and have seen the world and all that and still have no clue about other groups people.

17. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

This is insane.

Isn't this a case of a difference in culture or religion? If so, isn't it just as simple as respecting that a symbol, while representing one thing to you, may represent something completely different to another? Seems so simple, yet so few can or want to adapt.

At some point, one becomes an adult. One also has the ability, as an adult, to discern right from wrong, discern differences in religions, cultures, and has the ability to educate themselves on these things (of course, this assumes that said adult has access to books, internet, knowledgeable friends, or another of the millions of outlets from which to learn).

The Red Cross is a huge, global organization. If you are shooting at an ambulence/personnel that are clearly helping the injured and the distressed, then there's either a lack of education for what the symbol means to another, or a complete lack of respect, and a lack of a sense of right and wrong.

UGH....I am mad now and can go no further. Educate yourself. Ignorance is not bliss and it's not an excuse.

That is all.

18. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

many times, people arent allowed to get education...

19. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Right, and that's why I say above, this assumes they have access.

20. rhadamanthus

The comment was generic (and I stand by it), but it was not intended to be insulting.