1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Do They Hate Us?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DonnyMost, Jul 23, 2007.

1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

At least that is what the US administrations believe. However, what benefits the US in the short run may not be what will benefit the US in the long run but many administration do not seem to see that point at all.

A seperate issue is the US follow the golden rule most politicans follow: Do as we say but do not do as we do.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'm just trying to extrapolate from his personal observations of what happened in Pakistan to what is going on in Iraq.

It's funny how the critics seem more focused on the problems caused by intervention than the Pakistani author is. It also seems like the author is more appreciative of the US's good intentions than many critics here are. It doesn't seem like his conclusion is "Butt out!" at all but rather "Do It Right!" or "Finish the Job!"

Seems like he is pointing out the more serious problem of leaving the situation "up in the air" so to speak since it is bound to come crashing down without proper support and completion.

#22 giddyup, Jul 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

How does arming a bunch of rebels in Afganastan support us?

Other than maybe it contributed to the bankruptcy of their country.

Which may be a good reason why we should NOT stay in Iraq.

I guess I can see where it might benefit the USA if the turmoil in the world was elsewhere, so we continue to stir the pot.

DD

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

... like Paris Hilton's herpes

Paris Hilton had a type of herpes named after her? That is righteous.

7. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

You have Paris Hilton's herpes? I'm sorry.

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I think my wife would be a tad bit angry if that happened.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If by 'US' you mean BIG BUSINESS aka Haliburton
    Then yes.
    YOU ARE CORRECT Sir

Rocket River

10. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I think it will be interesting to see what happens as China overtakes us as the number one power (it's inevitable I think). I think people will actually miss us being the dominant power relative to China.

Of course, the world is becoming a more stable place as time progresses, so might be less opportunities for China to much up other countries.

11. WNBA

WNBA Member

China was always the number one until 1850. Every Chinese should remember how they were dethroned.

In the future world, it is only Rich vs. Poor.
    Who ever is the "number one" is going to work for the rich people.

so yeah, USA will be missed by rich people, but China will also be welcomed by rich people.

12. pirc1

I wouldn't say China was always number one before 1850.

13. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

they hate us because they see us as:
    1) greedy
    2) vain
    3) ego-centric
    4) unaware
    5) consumers

the idea of capitlism is founding upon consumerism, and theoretically endless consumption. if there is a demand you do what it takes to meet that demand, you draw from the well of resource to satisfy the consumer and get the capitalist prize: wealth, and moreover freedom. the well is not endless though, so can capitalists consume forever? of course not. but the point is that they hate us because we think we can do our america thing forever, and it wont have anything to do with anything else. all other cultures have stronger links to the global human identity than americans do, as american identity is so strong.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How does this explain how poor people want to immigrate into the US in droves?

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think this is your issue, not theirs. I think their issue has to do with our own foreign policy, our military presence in the ME, our ties to their "secular" leaders.

At the same time, these extremists have developed a very disgusting, authoritarian ideology and they believe all infidels should be destroyed. It's not ALL about us.

They are also frustrated by their continued poverty and lack of progress, and that ties into it somehow.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This may be inevitable, but you and I will be dead before it happens. Probably our children too. What we will continue to see is China's emergence as our #1 strategic global rival. The world will never be as bi-polar as during the Cold War, but it's going that direction.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why would a Politician worry about gains that won't show up until the next administration? That Admin will get the credit? He won't. So since it won't serve him in his reelection bid. . . why should he vote for it or push it through?

That is the American polician

Rocket RIver

18. pirc1

Thus you have the consequences of failed policies. Any guess as to how long it will take to clean up the Iraq mess created by this administration? ;)

19. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

DIdn't at least one of the packs of suicide murderers visit a strip club on the night before their "mission?"

This cuts into the purity of their zealotry and reduced them to mere psychopaths.

Faith without works is dead.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it took 15 years to cleanup the mess from the first time an administration made a mistake in iraq