1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHY DO REPUBLICAN LAWMAKERS SIDE WITH THE PANDEMIC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Dec 2, 2021.

1. adoo

adoo Member

WHY DO REPUBLICAN LAWMAKERS SIDE WITH THE PANDEMIC AGAINST AMERICANS?

They don't want testing, masking nor vaccinations​

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

If I understand their position correctly, they don't want MANDATORY testing, masking, or vaccinations. They aren't in favor of banning those things. They are siding with freedom. I chose to get vaccinated, as have the majority of people. I don't think people who are opposed should be forced to do it though. In this instance, the GOP is siding with the libertarian position, so good on them.

The Real Shady likes this.
  3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

"The COVID-19 vaccine is safe, effective, and our best defense against the virus, but should remain voluntary and never forced," said Governor Abbott.

4. adoo

adoo Member

they are siding against American's freedom not be infected by the virus being carried by people who are not masked and vaccinated.

Americans who are against seat belts are compelled to wear seat belts. Americans who smoke are forbidden to smoke in a designated non-smoking area, such as a movie theatre.
    Americans who want to drive are compelled to take written / driving tests to demonstrate that they are qualified to drive.

consider the source, the habitual liar who blatantly lied when he blamed green energy for Texas's deep freeze when the state runs on fossil fuels

#4 adoo, Dec 2, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because they are not in it for the good of America, they are in it for whomever lines their pockets.

When Polio vaccines came out the country got together to beat it.

Republicans no longer care about America.....only greed .......

DD

cheke64, Andre0087, Zboy and 2 others like this.
  6. StupidMoniker

Not really, because they are vaccinated, so they don't really need to be worried about it. If being vaccinated is not enough protection for you, you can always mask and social distance as well.
    They shouldn't be.
    Smoking is immediately unpleasant to people around you. Someone else being unvaccinated isn't. You probably will never know.
    I'd probably let people drive without a license. It happens anyway. Traffic accidents are far more dangerous than COVID exposure for the vaccinated though.
    What do you think the monetary benefit of NOT requiring the vaccine is? If anything, big pharma is one of the biggest donors to both parties, and the vaccine manufacturers would certainly benefit from mandatory vaccination.

7. adoo

adoo Member

u do understand that vaccination is close to 99% effective, no?

thus, a vaccinated person can still be infected, even tho the chances are extremely low

you need to stay on the topic that you've started, freedom. don't widen the goal post to include extraneous factors.

clearly, u have no idea what ur talking about.

traffic accidents don't cause over 500K death in less than a year, not even 10% of that

#7 adoo, Dec 2, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    Zboy and No Worries like this.
  8. StupidMoniker

Yes. That is just a numerical representation of exactly what I said.
    Nothing is 100% certain. The vaccine works, so the vaccinated are protected. Don't worry about who else is vaccinated or not. Even if you get a breakthrough case, the vaccine makes the symptoms less serious. Beyond that, for a healthy person under 65, even the unvaccinated are almost certain to be relatively unscathed if infected. Counting all vaccinated people, not just the young and healthy, there is about a 1 in a million chance of dying from COVID while vaccinated.
    Are there COVID deaths among vaccinated? Not many. - Deseret News
    So no, I don't think the infinitesimal chance that you are going to be negatively impacted by COVID should trump everyone else's freedom.
    Your right. Now that I think about it again, there absolutely should not be a law that prevents smoking in restaurants and movie theaters. That should really be a decision left to the individual businesses. I imagine most will still ban smoking, because it is unpleasant for other customers, but there should be an option for a smoking restaurant for the smokers out there. Thanks for making me consider it.
    Almost all of those people were unvaccinated. As of August 2021, there were only about 1,500 people that died despite full vaccination. I think, just like in the taxation thread, it is apparent that you are the one that doesn't know what you are talking about (literally, you don't understand what topics are covered in the articles or discussions).

Astrodome likes this.
  9. adoo

adoo Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Americans should be afforded the freedom of not being infected by the virus carried by those who are not vaccinated.

it is about America's prevailing law on cigarette smokes, not about what you feel or think about it.
    Lawmakers passed the law in consideration for the overall good of American society.

the law of the land is that there are designated areas where smoking is prohibited.
    in this context, for the overall good of society, individual freedom / rights are infringed upon.

the same logic applies to seat belt laws, drink-and-drive law and vaccination mandates.
    one that you had publicized your poor reading comprehension, ad nauseum

#9 adoo, Dec 3, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Why did CHINA unleash this pandemic on the world?

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  11. adoo

adoo Member

why are you so stupid ?

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. StupidMoniker

That is accomplished by vaccinating yourself. Check the link I posted. There is near zero risk if you are vaccinated, and essentially zero risk if you are healthy and vaccinated. You really don't need to infringe on other people to be safe from COVID.
    How people vote and how they weigh the votes of their representatives is absolutely about what you feel or think about it. The prevailing law is there is no vaccine mandate, why are we even discussing it if what you think or feel about it doesn't matter?

The one where you didn't understand what was written in the link I posted, despite me pointing out the specific text three times and then used a made up incorrect statistic that you pulled out of your ass to claim that the top 1% are not paying their fair share. After that was pointed out to you, you disappeared. I expect you will disappear here as well now that I am repeatedly pointing out that vaccinated people are in fact much safer from COVID than they are from traffic collisions, even though there are no mandates.

13. adoo

adoo Member

includes anti-smoking law, seat-belt law, drink-n-drive law, all enacted for the overall good of American society, albeit infringing on individual freedom / rights.

the same logic applies to a vaccine law

the prevailing laws such seat belt law, drink n drive law, anti-smoking, etc. are not about what "you" think about it.
    but they are about what i and many more Americans,

who believe that on rare occasions,
    the overall benefits accrued to Amercian society supersedes individual freedom/rights,​

think about it

#13 adoo, Dec 3, 2021
  14. adoo

adoo Member

clearly, you don't understand.

this can only accomplish if everyone is vaccinated; to that end a vaccine mandate is needed

:rolleyes::rolleyes:, just because you have said it repeatedly doesn't make it so.

who do you think your are, Donald Trump?

#14 adoo, Dec 3, 2021
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We have to get polio mmr and all other kind of vaccines to go to school. Should they start getting rid of the required vaccines now?

Andre0087 likes this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not everyone can be vaccinated. While it greatly reduces your chance of infection and if infected, severe illness, vaccination is not bulletproof. Freedom of these folks and of society as a whole is impacted by those choosing to not be vaccinated when they can be. We already have vaccination mandates for school kids for all kinds of diseases for these reasons.

An unpleasant odor is a lot less of a severe outcome than being infected and dying from it. The fact that you never know who around is vaccinated is more reason why you want everyone to be vaccinated around you. If there was a blinking warning light, you could walk away. Since there is none, your and society's freedom for better health and economy is impacted.

Unvaccinated has greatly impacted and continues to risk the hospital system's ability to serve individuals and society as a whole, impacting your and general society's health access.

18. adoo

adoo Member

just because you have said it repeatedly doesn't make it so.

infectious disease expert, Dr. Fauci, has repeadedly urge for masking, social distancing and vaccination.
    who to believe, Dr Fauci or a pretend scientist such as you? what an easy choice.

u have no standing in the infectious disease arena.
    stop pretending and heed the sage words of Abe Lincoln

"best to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than
    to speak to remove all doubts"

you're confused, all mixed up, losing track of your train of thought, in the process, providing empirical evidence that there should be vaccine mandate

19. StupidMoniker

Clearly it can be accomplished without vaccinating everyone, because it has been.
    I gave you a link to the numbers. The death toll among the vaccinated was about 1500 in August. There may have been a few more since then. What is the death toll for traffic accidents from December 2019 through August 2021? Do you think it is less than 1500? I said it repeated because it is so, not vice versa.
    Yes. They should be voluntary. Polio hasn't been seen in the Americas (not just the United States, all of North and South America) since 1991 in Peru. It was declared eradicated in the Americas in 1994. Wild Polio only exists in less than 1000 cases, all in Pakistan and Afghanistan with a couple cases on the borders of those countries. The fact is, most people will agree to get the vaccines for their children regardless of mandates, especially with vaccines that have a track record of safety going back decades.
    People who cannot be vaccinated should bear the burden of their own safety, not everyone else.
    But more severe than NOT being infected and not having any negative outcomes from exposure, which is by far the most likely result of a vaccinated person coming into contact with an unvaccinated person.
    There is essentially zero risk to healthy, vaccinated people. You are giving up your freedom for no return.
    I don't believe there is a single hospital that has been unable to treat other patients because of voluntarily unvaccinated people with COVID. I have not found a single example of someone denied or dying because of voluntarily unvaccinated COVID patients filling up the hospitals.
    Actually, you claimed that COVID was more threat to the vaccinated than traffic accidents, and I posted information that not only proved you wrong, but did so by more than an order of magnitude. You're welcome.

Attached Files:

20. adoo

adoo Member

infectious disease expert, Dr Fauci, had repeatedly said the opposite of what you said.

Dr. Fauci is an expert in his field; ur just a pretend-scientist, as the only thing you know about infectious disease is that you don't understand it.

as it relates to virus,
    who to believe, an expert scientist such as Dr. Fauci or a pretend scientist like you?

what an easy choice!​

stop pretending !

#20 adoo, Dec 3, 2021
    FranchiseBlade likes this.