1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do people continue to say Parsons can create his own shot?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

There are some sour grapes in this thread. Parsons had one of the most effective and ugly pump fakes in the league last year. It wasn't worth $15mil, but it worked.

I think TJones is going to inherit the ugly effective pump fake next season.

2. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

I'm already over CP and like everyone else who's said it before me, this ish belongs in the Dish.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

How is that sir?

Ariza runs the floor well.

He is a good spot up three point shooter.

He is good at slashes to the basket.

He will camp out at the three point line waiting for the kick out pass from Harden and Howard. Last season he was money from both baselines. He also shot 40%+.

Plus he is a better perimeter defender.

So how in the heck is that ridiculous. Some of you be on here tripping when you are in disagreement.

There is no need to say words like Ridiculous, stupid or idiot when you don't agree with another members comment.

4. AkeemOlaDROwon

Chandler Parsons? I think I remember him. He used to smoke pot with Johnny Hopkins and Sloan Kettering.

5. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

The Rockets offense was a complete mess last year without Parsons on the floor.
    Ariza is superior on the perimeter at both ends.
    Beyond that, Parsons has him beat in virtually every category.
    Parsons is the better slasher and can finish consistently with either hand.
    When Ariza tries to put the ball on the floor, most of us collectively hold our breath.
    Parsons has a much better pulse on the game, intangibles, etc.
    Ariza is the better value with that contract, and that's what Morey is about.
    Raw data, not those things that numbers on a page can't tell you.

6. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Shot creating, no

Playmaking, yeah

7. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By signing Ariza we upgraded from a pull up shooter standpoint, catch and shoot, overall defender, rebounder.

By losing Parsons we lose a better driver and passer.

I will take Ariza for 7 million less per year, and I still think we get better.

I have been "Insulted" by this whole process of Parsons thinking he is worth 15 million per year.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

So if Ariza puts up the same numbers and we score around the same next season, will you continue to make those claims.

Someone put up both players stats and BOOM they were pretty close across the board.

I agree Parsons has the better handles out of the two but Ariza can get to the rim from time to time.

Who's the better slasher is debatable. In the playoff's didn't you see how many layups Parsons missed?

But hey Boom lets see what Ariza does with this team and then we can revisit this topic.

9. Rox4life1986

Rox4life1986 Member

lol a lot of people are sour in this thread. Chandler Parsons was my favorite Rocket hands down.

I think he still has a nigh ceiling and with Carlisle coaching him up and Dirk and Tyson's leadership...... i think he'll blossom in Dallas.

10. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Parsons in the playoffs averaged 38% to Ariza's 46% on drives. You are dead on here. He smoked some layups

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

BOOM checkout these stats bro.

12. NotChandlerParsons

He's great at the pump fake but if that doesn't work he's got nothing.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

With all things considering, including every detail you just mentioned, I hope Dallas makes him this "point forward" I've been reading about. Turnover central in D-town!

14. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Parsons is not a shot creator, but he can create shots.
    He can't beat athletic guys like Batum straight up, but has enough of a handle along with skill and length to maneuver off of picks and shifted defenses.

Parsons was a HUGE part of our offense, and Ariza won't bring nearly the same offensive skillset or synergy. Even if you don't like what he said, you can't rewrite history.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

If Parsons would have made at least 45% of his layups we probably would have advanced. LOL And Morey probably would have matched that crazy contract.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

People who say that need to go to shot creation school.

Because he can't.

17. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

I expect Howard to take on more responsibility scoring, so hopefully the team average won't dip too much.
    Yea those missed layups were troubling, and I agree, we should revisit no sooner than the all-star break.
    I will say this though, if Ariza plays like he did last season, anyone who says it was a mistake to not match Parsons won't have much of a leg to stand on.

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Oh but you loved every minute of it when he was playing for the Rockets though...

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Howard proved himself in the post season that the ball should go through him. He also did this in LA when Kobe went down. But how will Harden respond because it was very clear to me that he wasn't on board with milking the big fella in the paint. ( 1st two games in the playoff's).

That is a bet, we should have enough footage to go off of BOOM.

Ariza doesn't have to worry about the #1 option so he should be very comfortable in his role. Even when he was in LA he played that role pretty well.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Bottomline Parsons isn't a star player. He wasn't close to that max contract at all