1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do people continue to say Parsons can create his own shot?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 15, 2014.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Chandler "Carlos Beltran" Parsons

That's who he is talking about

2. Smook

Smook Member

Thank god his gay ass pump fake is gone

3. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

There's your reason. Sometimes it was a catch and shoot. Other times it was a pump fake, slowest of all time, but consistently caught people in the air when he did it. Then if he didn't take it to the basket, which he almost always did, he'd pass to an open man.

He could generate offense...he wasn't great at it. And we can knock him all we want for his pump fake, but when he was doing it for us, we were happy to see it. Even if we did ask ourselves why people fell for it ALL THE TIME.

He was also good at finding the next person in line to pass to. I don't recall the ball ever stopping with him. He was a true glue guy on offense.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What people? People here? Media? Mavs fans?

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

I've been wondering the same thing to be honest with you. I wouldn't say creating his own shot is a strength of his although it is a part of his game that he has clearly worked on and improved every year. Happens on occasion, but still not something I'd mention as a strength of his like so many have been. If you don't bite on his pump fake, he pretty much needs to pass it to the next because he isn't blowing by anybody.

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I think he can score the points on the fast-break easily. His offensive skills have been improved, but defense becomes bad at a time.

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If I squint my eyes and turn my head really fast after drinking a few shots of the strongest liquor I can find, Rosie Odonnell kind of looks like Scarlett Johansen.

8. bmd

bmd Member

That is essentially a big part of the Rockets' offense... drive and kick. Parsons wasn't the only player to do that. He was just the guy who used the pump fake so much to get by a defender.

9. Sommermärchen

He is LeBron King James, with worse offense and worse defense ;)

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

It doesn't matter anymore.

Second...he is not worth 15 freaking million dollars a year.

You are saying Parsons deserves better pay than Westbrook, Kevin Love, Harden, and Tony Parker?

Pay parsons 8-10 million and it's a good deal. 15 million with an untradeable contract..no!

11. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

So he's pretty much not Shane Battier at all. I'd say CP is Danilo Gallinari but with slightly less handles.

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

CP25 got paid and we should be happy for him. I'm glad we didn't drink the KoolAid for once (Asik and Jlin). I hope he works on his game to justify the $15 mln per year. Otherwise the Mavs fans will throw shade at him!!

13. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

wrong forum. :) JK

14. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

This a million times.

Get a life and get over it.

15. scottie brooks

That's not shane battier at all haha

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

His own shot?

Do you mean like... blue steel(TM)?

[​IMG]

17. scottie brooks

Pubes has man crush on Candle Parsuns. He deserve all monies cuz his pumps fake.

18. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

The lies never end.

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Chandler was terrible with the ball in his hands in a half court set. Not good with the P&R at all, too many pump fakes, not great handles.

He was best used as a spot up shooter and then he was lethal in transition. That is how he got his points.

20. Remii

Remii Member

I respectfully request this thread to be closed. He's a Dallas Fagggrick now. He belongs to them.

But we may can open it back up in a few years knowing Morey. He'll be back :)