1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do guys have to be such jerks?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Isabel, Feb 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Isabel

Isabel Member

It's from "Meet the Parents".

Wise advice. Makes sense. (well, not to me because I'm female, but it does explain a lot, not just about him but about a lot of people who happen to be male) I'll do my best to keep it in mind.

so, of course... what can we do? Nothing, I guess. :( And we hate that. It is the most helpless feeling.

2. Fatty FatBastard

That's the way it should be written.

Just remember this: In a year, regardless of the outcome, you'll be able to look back at this thread and say "what was I thinking???

Life is too much fun to look down at the speedbumps.

3. coma

coma Contributing Member

Snake. Cage. Freedom.

Come on now.

4. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

You are right on that first take. I usually wonder what other spouses think of their frequent visits to forums like these. At first she was worried but now she does not mind anymore - she has accepted my addiction to almost every sports as long as it is healthy.

I like threads like these it makes us think and have candid discussions on serious issues we have swept under the carpet.

PS. [In reference to that last paragraph] - there is something my wife does that amazes me - she swore to me that she will never "say no" to me (and she has never). I find it odd because I have said no to her a few times. Her extreem level of loyalty worries me (in a good way ;) ) - she is smarter, richer and more good looking that me. Maybe it is the Christian virtues in her. My hope and prayer is that I will be able to give her back in goodness everything she has given to me and then some.

Best wishes to you in everything, and ultimate I wish you happiness and peace.

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

My wife has made me cry, but I have made her cry much more.

I repeat...

Everyone human is a jerk at some point.

While we'll never fully, 100% understand one another, the act of remaining in "Love" or even in "like," is an act of the will.

It requires perserverance.

Life hurts. Sometimes people cause the pain. But love conquers all... or is blind, however you put it. You just have to come to terms with what is most important.

A tear shared is much better than tears of the lonely.

6. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

I believe it is. Dr. Laura (and I'm not joking or being sarcastic, because this is what happens when you left your girlfriend have control of the radio) always advocates how it is important for husbands and wives to honor each others wishes. Keep in mind, the fact that you marry a good Christian spouse is the fundamental basis of how everything works. For instance, this line of thinking wouldn't really work or apply (according to Dr. Laura) if you marry some jerk or whatever.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, boo.

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

7 pages?

Anyone care to start a thread on why women have to be b****es?

Yeah baby. RP's had a rough day. :(

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Because everyone knows that Christians never get divorced, cheat, neglect or abuse their spouses.

The fundamentals are respect, communication and love. Religion has NOTHING to do with it.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

A little voodoo doesn't hurt to get the wife to do the dishes.

11. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Interesting. I don't even know whether to laugh :D

Anyway I asked her if she knows Dr. Laura and she said no. :D

IROC it, I agree I have been a jerk many times and we all have. The key is not to perpetuate our "jerky ways" and learn to appreciate the "good thing" we have while you still have the opportunity.

12. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Man aint that the truth.

13. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

That's why I added the disclaimer "according to Dr. Laura". Don't get me wrong, I'm not from a Christian. My girlfirend is not one too, but she loves watching shows like Judge Judy, People's Court and listening to Dr. Laura; so I kinda pick up some things via osmosis. I agree with you that some of the things you mentioned are the fundamentals, and there's probably a few more traits. I just wanted to add in my 2 cents to Fegwu's previous comment.

14. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Pimpin ain't easy. :(

15. underoverup

underoverup Member

Women Who Avoid Marital Fights May Be More Likely To Die

Married women who avoid conflict with their spouses have an increased risk of dying from any cause, according to a news release from the Second International Conference on Women, Heart Disease and Stroke.

http://www.local10.com/family/4207636/detail.html

:eek:

16. langal

langal Contributing Member

It's crap like this which makes me wish I was gay.

17. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Have we solved the question of why men are women are different...? I've read through this thread and the answer seems to be 'because men and women are different' but my reading skills are not so good.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

what?
    and put a bunch of self-important relationship "therapists" out of work? :eek:

;)

19. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Well, the answer to that, my friend, is the same one I tell people when they ask if my boy/girl fraternal twins are identical. To them I say:

"You mean, other than the penis?"