1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do girls... (call me manny jr... this is Very long)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, May 8, 2003.

1. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

In high school and the first year or two of college, chicks dig the "bad boy" or the unattainable one that treats them like poo.

That switches around about midway through your sophmore year as all the girls start to break up with their crappy high school boyfriends after they find out that high school boyfriend doesn't ususally translate into College boyfriend.

The tables turn. All of a sudden your prime because your the "nice guy that she can talk to." Your the kind of guy that treats women right and they start to see that you are the kind of guy that can be married. (not that you have to get married, but a lot of chicks in College start dating looking for potential to be married, not just a boyfriend, its OK to date them, you don't have to marry them, it just puts being a good person at a premium over everything else).

Tips for college: No matter how shy you are, talk to everyone! In your dorm/apartment complex, in class, in the cafeteria, at the football/baseball/basketball game. Talk to them all. Boys, girls, ugly, good looking, talk to them all! Even if you have NO interest in dating somebody...talk to them, get to know them because all those people you meet and get to know also have friends that you can meet and get to know! Have more than 1 group of friends you feel comfortable hanging out with. That is what will lead you to meeting the right chick...a friend/sibling of somebody you make friends with.

This will happen:

Person 1: Hey "Steve" whatcha doin?

Person 2: Nuthin...just playing some PS2 and trying not to study.

Person 1: You want to go hang out and play cards/dominos/go to a party/hit golf balls/go to a bar/go to a BB game/something ect.?

Person 2: Sure, don't have anything else to do.

Person 1: Great! I'll call my girlfriend...maybe her roomate will come along. She's kinda shy, doesn't drink much, but is pretty good looking and makes super grades. I just think she needs to take a study break and hang loose one night. Is it OK if they come alont?

Person 2: Sure, I'm always up for a group outing.

Then BAM!, you've got the hook ups for a great chick....meet enough people...this situation WILL happen...you just have to conquer your shyness.

Making this a really long post:

Here's a story my Dad would tell me:

My Dad had a friend in college who was fairly smart, a nice guy, but not a good looking guy, but he ALWAYS was dating a really good looking girl.

Here's how he did it: He played the numbers game. He figured that 1 girl that he asked out from 10 would go...so he asked out 10 girls a week. Whether he knew them or not he would ask out everyone....and sure enough...come Friday night he had a date with a good looking girl. Yes, he got rejected a lot, but it was always a polite "no, thanks" or "your sweet for offering but I've got a boyfriend." It didn't hurt his feelings and he didn't take it personally, he would just be polite in return and give them his number in return not expecting a call. But always one or two every week would say yes or would call back. The trick is to not try to be a "player." Just be yourself and ask nicely and ask to go to something somewhat safe...coffee, dinner, whatever, then after that you can see if they want to go to a party or a bar or something.

ALSO: If you live in a apartment complex and college girls live around you...go meet them...invite them over to eat when you cook (learn to cook), invite them to see a new DVD when it comes out that you bought (buy DVD's and have a decent way to watch them).

You will make kickass friends this way and before you know it, you'll have an open door policy with the girls across the hall and they will basically adopt you and take care of you...and you'll probably end up dating one or two. (this is how I met my wife, my roomate and I went to every apartment in our building and introduced ourselves and became really close with all of our neighbors). It makes college a lot of fun and its a great way to meet friends and girlfriends and sometimes your wife!

I'll quit now....super long message.

2. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

FFB hit the nail on the head, just wait til college. It's a jolly good time.

Just tune into KJAH, mon :)

3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

You need a slumpbuster, moe.

4. HakeemdaDream

HakeemdaDream Member

I feel you big moe. let me tell you a secret that help all us shy guys around girls.......beer. ( you may have to wait a couple years)

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Lots of good advice here but ...

Ask the damn girl out already. What is the worst thing that could happen? She says no. And that is no BFD, my friend. You need to get used to asking women out on dates. You can't make everytime you ask a girl out, a major league drama, if you know what I mean. You will be very surprised how many women will say yes to a date. Believe.

RocketMan Tex has it right when he says:

Women are like streetcars in New Orleans. If you miss one, there will be another one rolling down the tracks within 10 minutes.

The only limiting factor you should have wrt dating women is the amount of $$$ in your wallet. Now go get'em tiger :)

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Whoa... I never thought I posted this before. If I did, I never made it a cool story like this one though. :)

thanks you guys. You are most wise. moe appreciates this.

LOOK OUT COLLEGE, MOE IS COMING FOR YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTERS

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You've learned well, my (our) son.

Now go hither...

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Do you know where CSU Chico is?

Apply there ASAP!

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes! Go forth and enjoy!

Supermac34 and the rest have good advice. Your about to have the time of your life. And ask that chick out... all she can do is say no. Then you won't feel like you left unfinished business. Or don't. Who cares? College will rock.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]
    Half Insane and Half Stupid in California:

Do you have any idea how old I am? Do you know how many times I fell asleep trying to read your letter? Do you know what I remember about being 17? ... Something about a spirit stick and a malted that tasted funny, but anyway... Just fold your napkin like I've always instructed, and keep your pants on until you are married, for heavens sake.

Abby

11. red

red Contributing Member

red doesnt like it when people talk in the first person. red suggests that when moe gets to college moe drink lots of flaming moes and party like there is no tomorrow.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

man....reading all these threads about girls....makes me want to spill the beans on my girl problem.... I miss her soooo much....most fine gal I have ever seen ....and been with, dont think I will ever get another one like her..

Damn boarding school, it ends senior year, I go to America...she goes to England.... (school was in Switzerland)....WAAAAaaaaa

best yrs of my life...

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Sorry to hear you didn't get the girl. I enjoyed reading about your experiences. Nice guys always finish last(isn't that how the saying goes?). Now, if your nice and hot, then you almost always get the hot girl who may or may not have a brain. And, these guys usually have the nice, well-mannered, responsible, shy(optional), (usually) intelligent, moral buddy who makes for a good "friend", is fugly, average, or only decent looking(one who doesn't give off the "hot" vibes that hot women sniff out), is a good listener, and is basically a shoulder to shiyat on. Either lower your expectations and find a woman who is not so hot or improve yourself and your self confidence or looks(if mediocre...if not, n/a). The hot girls can always have the better conversation with those they consider lesser on the guy scale and they can always feel bad for that guy...but they still give the poon tang to the hot guy who abuses their relationship, tends to have side action, and/or has a rebellious side.

I'm sure that's not always true but I believe it to be true in a lot of cases. Maybe the two of you just weren't compatible...but not by your standards. Maybe you should have at least made a move to be sure. Maybe you still can? What do you have to lose? Or, move on.

14. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

HeyP is totally right. You'll never forget this girl... but you'll meet someone else who will be better.

College is great, but it will still require you to actually say something...

15. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

I don't know exactly why, but the phraseology of this just made me laugh really hard out loud.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

so,,,give up her name. That name you will never forget!!

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Her name begins or ends with a K... :p

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Okey doke... Quickie little update.

Today for some reason moe got up, took a shower and got very dressed up for no reason at all. moe then had a very boring day. At about 8 oclock, moe hears a tapping on his door. its not Nick, because Nick doesn't have long nails. moe thinks its either Laila tapping at the door, or Freddy Krueger is about to kill him.

moe lets Laila in moe gets a nice big hug. Laila talks for a while.. moe listens. moe feels the mood is too light to say aything serious. Laila is dressed like a slut, moe cannot stop staring at her boobs. moe tries not to... but they are so DAMN HUGE.

moe thinks to himself. "I don't know whether to take a picture of these puppies or call Goodyear and tell them I've found two new additions for them." moe then thinks about Laila's boobs flying over Network Associates Collesium instead of the Snoopy 2 Blimp. moe has obviously not payed attention to her damn babbling.

Laila must leave now, moe gets another big hug. moe sets up a meeting on sunday.

Sunday... bloody sunday....

D-Day.

moe will do, and moe will die.

moe to come...