1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

why did we sign him....ahhhhhh!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by c0r0na21, Oct 28, 2009.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Why do people not get at all that we have a roster stuffed full of high caliber role players that are going to have to tread water until they get a star to play off of?

Shane needs attention pulled away from him so he can shoot. Chase would strongly benefit from that as well. Scola needs to face the second-best post defender to excel. Brooks needs someone else to set up others on the team. Ariza needs to be a roamer. Hayes needs to come off the bench and be used as a post stopper only. Landry is only useful as instant offense against a second unit.

For the time being, this team is going to get its butt whooped. There's no true playmaker on the squad.

2. c0r0na21

c0r0na21 Member

artest is acually getting paid the same amount, and A.I is getting paid less (not saying we should have gotten him but still) we need more offense then what he is giving us.

3. c0r0na21

c0r0na21 Member

i actually changed my sig. while you were posting your comment its weird i had just posted it too.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Horrible thread!

Lock it down NAO!!!

5. HPD

HPD Member

Shandon Anderson part 2

6. Negative Douche

trevor ariza sucks...he'll be gone after next year. hopefully he has trade value.

1 person likes this.
  7. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Can Clutch make starting knee-jerking threads a rookiefiable offense? :rolleyes:
    Then hopefully we might get less of these threads.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

your name matches your posts.

9. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

No...we need more common sense from posters like you. State your opinion, but at least have the sense enough to give him 20 or so games before you label BUST across his breast plate. So the preseason and one game into the season tells you all you need to know?

Well....personally, I think he's played well. A few mistakes here and there but that's expected when you join a NEW TEAM with NEW COACHES and NEW SCHEMES...you know? basic stuff. Why would you ever expect him to come here and be like Artest or AI? He's making mid level money....he's a mid level player.... a good role player that might blossom. Give the kid time.

10. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

We signed him to be a role player and contribute when we have an all star. I don't think Morey expects Ariza to carry this team. Ariza's game will grow in the meantime until we get an all star, hopefully next year.

11. Serg300

Serg300 Member

ahhhhhh!!!!!! why did I click on this thread!!!!

12. c0r0na21

c0r0na21 Member

I have actually seen him since he played for magic but didn't think it would matter since he really didn't play much til he got to the lakers....what im saying from the preseason to now is that with the rockets i really haven't seen anything like what i thought he was gonna be....(i guess i had hoped for way more game then i what he actually was)

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Ahhhhhh!

Real Monsters.

14. superden

superden Contributing Member

UGH. We signed Ariza to be a solid role player. Long term investment people! That is why we didn't resign Artest or sign AI. LONG TERM INVESTMENT. He is NOT suppose to be the superstar of this team....

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Coming from someone who says Stevie is the best Rocket ever...

Chill..

16. emmanuelb

emmanuelb Member

arizas success lies solely in the hands of adelman adelman has to open up his eyes and realize that u cant play ariza and battier together cuz teams can get up into us do to the lack of ball handlers and ariza is not a pick and roll player hes an energy guy who should focus mainly on defense and running the floor for transition hoops and hayes should be comin off the bench cuz we dont spread the floor correctly with him out there.they were zoning up brooks every time off the pick and rolls with hayes man.i relly hope adelman brings his thinking cap every game cuz i want to have the best chance to win these games even though i know were gonna loose alot of ball games.

17. MD_in_Training

OP might be a troll, but he's got a point. I don't see what Ariza brings that Battier didn't already provide.

18. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

3 reasons we signed Ariza.
    1. He is a great support player and all he needs is a superstar to feed off
    2. Is still a pretty good defender maybe not as good as Artest but probably going to have better chemistry with the team then crazy pills.
    3. Is relatively young and if doesn't pan out for him in Houston, he can be used in a trade along with another player for a superstar.
    Give him time and when T-mac comes back if he still doesn't fit in then maybe this thread is not so pointless. But it being the first game it's not the end of the world.

19. RocketJoe

RocketJoe Contributing Member

If you truly believe that Francis was the best Rocket ever, than I completely understand your reasoning behind starting this thread.

Elvin Hayes?
    Moses Malone?
    Calvin Murphy?
    Hakeem Olajuwon?
    Dream?
    #34?

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Charlie Rosen on why Ariza signed with the Rockets:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/10277216/New-look-Celtics-have-edge-on-old-look-Cavs

[rquoter]
    Only because, like too many of his peers, Ariza thinks he's a much better player than he really is.

Yes, he can hit open mid-range springers, finish fast breaks with flair and play sniping defense. But he can't create his own shots, avoid being bullied by stronger players, hit treys with any degree of consistency, take good enough care of the ball, and he also misses too many free throws.

Even so, he firmly believes he deserves to get full-time starter's minutes — something he had no chance of achieving with the Lakers. Along with more minutes, Ariza is counting on getting more shots, and therefore more points, and eventually more money.

In truth, the triangle emphasized his strengths and camouflaged his shortcomings. Just as it did to the likes of Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Luc Longley, B.J. Armstrong, Will Perdue, Toni Kukoc and so on.

With the Rockets, Ariza's numbers will rise, but his overall game won't improve.

Perhaps Larry Brown was right all along — in some respects, Trevor Ariza is indeed "delusional."
    [/rquoter]