1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHY did they re-sign Bowen?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GageD, Apr 1, 2006.

1. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Are you kidding me? And RyBo is good signing too???

2. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Rox has made history in the NBA by signing such a fat contract to a player who can't shoot. Sometimes you've got to be them to understand what needs to be done to build a champion-calibre team.

Nobody will forget CD for at least 6 years.

Yao and TM, you are in trouble. Expect d-teams next year cause your management is not prepared to find shooters around you!

3. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Ryan Bowen hustles. His contribution to the team does not show up in the stats. Ryan Bowen hustles. He dives for the loose ball and works hard setting picks. Ryan Bowen hustles. He does all the dirty works for the team. Have I mentioned that Ryan Bowen hustles?

Keep the guy at all cost. Max him up if we have to.

Go Rockets!

4. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but it you edited that down a bit it could be an awesome haiku.

5. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

"He's a career 1.4/1.4 guy and we're just happy to get this behind us," said Van Gundy.

I am totally confused what VG means!

6. tchou

Faulty logic. Let's examine other players in the NBA with similar salaries:

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

Just a list a few:
    Ben Wallace: $7,350,000 (05/06)
    Udonis Haslem: $5,000,000 (05/06)
    Emanuel Ginobili: $7,425,000 (05/06)
    Bruce Bowen: $3,375,000 (05/06)
    Marcus Camby: $7,150,000 (05/06)

7. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I hope the new assistant gm agreed to do this as well. If not, there will be a lot of friction between he and Van Gundy before he even becomes the gm. :)

8. myco

myco Contributing Member

Maybe you should do an even further examination into the times. :cool:

9. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Oh... sorry man.

10. thiagu88

thiagu88 Contributing Member

my personal beef isnt with the rookie's opinions, im sure they have some inciteful, opinions they are perfectly entitled too
    i think most of the vetrans issue with the rookies is how they create a bunch of useless threads like "The Rockets are showing pride" and "Yao, first center of the NBA". the ideas in those threads could easily been posted in an existing thread.

ppl just dont want clutchfans to turn into ESPN msg boards

11. tchou

Nor does his contributions show up in the win column. The guy can't score, he's not a great defender, he doesn't change the tempo of the game, and he doesn't impact the game. He may work hard at setting picks, but his picks still suck. He can roll to the basket, but he'd still miss the lay up. He can pop after the pick but only to brick the shot.

You keep mentioning he hustles, but that doesn't translate into any points, and more importantly it doens't translate into any wins. He's simply not worth that kind of money.

If he were such a great impact player, why does he only play 5 min a game?

12. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Got me good on that one. You got me really upset. I was so pissed I was about to throw things at the wall and cuss out JVG.

13. tchou

Meaning what?

14. KMC1499

KMC1499 Member

aww man i love the robo signing dude is so clutch. He is truly the kobe stopper! You have got to love JVG tha fool ;)

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He MIGHT be a good practice player. Man... ryan bowen is a millionairre....life is cruel sometimes.

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

LOL. I should have seen this coming. Something like this always happens to the Rockets this time of year. ;) :D

17. wayne312

wayne312 Member

I almost had a heart attack. If Mary Bowen can do it, I can too.

18. rickylee888

rickylee888 Contributing Member

According the cBSsportsline.com, looks like the decimal point was incorrectly moved a few places...the actual numbers in Rybo's extension call for 6years/$54,000...which comes to about $9,000 a year. That sounds about right...

19. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This just goes on the list as another mediocre Rocket signed to a long, mind-boggling amount of money contract (Swift). That money could have been used somewhere else like Chuck Hayes (who probably won't even be a Rocket next season!) This move makes my stomach hurt, when it comes time to trade Bowen, no one's gonna want that ridiculous contract, stupid move ... waste of money.

20. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

This has got to be an April Fools joke!!!!!