1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHY did they re-sign Bowen?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GageD, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Great stuff Clutch.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The laugh is on the folks who are thinking it's a fake -- other sites are now starting to report the deal.

3. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Another classic... signing.

Clutch, you do a tremendous job on the site and "breaking" the latest new with the Rockets. Keep up the great work.

4. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

This is great. I think Les has finally learned that to be a contender in this league, you have to spend like Knicks and Mavs. If Bowen can get this type of deal, imagine other free agents this summer. :eek: CD's phones will be spammed by the players' agents! Yayyyyyyyy!!! :D

5. fa7999

fa7999 Member

We are getting collectively screwed by Clutch. :cool:

6. kramer_k

kramer_k Member

Bowen > T-Mac

7. Darth West

Darth West Member

ESPN insider is now reporting that Huston might loose 5 first round draft choises (just as Minnesota did) as no team is allowed to sign players right now. According to them the signing wasnt supposed to be released until after the season.

link

8. trickywhiteguy

why? why? why? why? y would u waste all that damn money!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

We are so fortunate to have a respectful player like Ryan. He proved by signing this contract that he really cares about the team. He could of gone free agency and commanded a 10+mil a year contract but he chose to remain in Houston at the discounted price 9mil over 6 years.

Thanks to Ryan we now have an extra few million that we can spend in free agency for role players such as Michael Ruffin, Jacque Vaughn or Andris Biedrins

Now alot of people don't know this but its TRUE I SWEAR he is ranked 171 in the league in points per game (go to nba.com and go to stats and go to ppg and check out #171, and and and and and

I always hoped that Ryan, T-Mac, and Yao would retire as a Rocket because I'd love to go to the arena one day and see all three of their jerseys hanging from the rafters. By the looks of it one down 2 more too go!!!! :) :) :) :)

I am so Happy right now and the best part is this Quote I just heard on 610

Daryl Morey "I have never seen a player who has the ability and attitude to be able to produce stat wise. His hustle is beyond God Given he is a driven man and by the number crunching I called Dawson and let him know that Ryan is my main man. The Rockets orginization is testing me by this move to see if I would be a good fit for the orginization, I heard JVG is really pulling hard to get me now when Dawson does step down. I'm really excited and can't wait to see my the new multi year signee play again"

This possible new GM sounds so confident, possible gm of the year once he's signed I can't wait to see what he can do when full-time

#89 Realjad, Apr 1, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  10. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Great, great move by the rox! Im so happy!SPLASH!

11. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Am I the only one here who thinks it's actually a great move? IMHO Ryan Bowen deserves every penny of this 54m/6 yrs deal. Every NBA team needs a hustle guy and Bowen fills the bill perfectly. Go Rockets!

12. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

the only reason JVG did this move was so that he could have Rybo's wife attending the games.

13. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Exactly. RB sets the standard of excellence for the rest of the team to follow.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS DEAL YOU ARE NOT A TRUE ROCKETS FAN!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

14. clutch0734

clutch0734 Member

I take offense to the guy that says Rookie Posters aren't real fans of the game and don't know the Rockets or Basketball. I have been a rocekts season ticket holder for 15 years almost and am totally devoted to tehm. Just because some of our opinions don't agree with yours doesn't mean anything. Just because you have been a member longer than us, you think you are a bigger Rockets Fan?? Thats ridiculous. I've seen some of your posts and you are negative too...Why does your opinion count more? IT DOESN"T so stop acting like you are a BAD A** just because you have been on this site longer than some of us.
    Rockets Will make the Playoffs...I CAN FEEL IT.....
    I agree Bowen is a hard working player who has a good work ethic but this guy does not deserve a long term deal for 54 million..that is ridiculous...Even JVG said Ryan has not played well this year..so he rewards him with a new contract extension? I could understand a 1 or 2 year deal but 6 YEARS!!!!!! This is going to hurt when we need to sign free agents in the future...Oh well.....Go Rockets

15. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

He is a good defender, but is he really worth that much money and time?

16. JamesC

JamesC Member

17. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Brilliant!

18. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

espn is slower than clutchfans.

Good signing.

19. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Working hard and producing are not the same thing.

20. Drex22

Drex22 Contributing Member

this is classic lol