1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why did Patrick Beverly start?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mockster

mockster Member

Now I'm really starting to believe these theories of mchale not liking lin. I think it's sort of odd right away off an injury bev is starting. Think it's sort of disrespectful he should if came off the bench then worked his way to a starter just how Lin has to do every time. I still think lin should be starting. I mean he's inconsistent but when you see games like 18 pts 8 assist you see some potential. I've seen better games from Lin then bev let's just put it that way. To me lin is that mystery weapon you want in the game. Sometimes Lin can just throw up 25-30 points. I just don't see why you jack with a players confidence like that but hey idk just seems weird to me.

2. chandlerbang21

because Mchale wants him to. It doesnt matter if Lin starts or comes off the bench. We shouldn't care either

3. JBar

JBar Rookie

Please, not a new thread for this...

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

1. See thread about Bev
    2. Come in and see poster join date
    3. Leave thread and never return

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He likes Beverly's defense and energy with the starters, and he likes Lin's scoring punch off the bench. That's his preference as the coach, whether we like it or not.

6. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Why did you start this thread?

7. Houston288South

Beverly is a much better defender than Lin. Also, Lin is a much better scoring option coming off the bench with the second unit. This allows him to be the primary ball handler while Harden is resting. Simply put.

8. mockster

mockster Member

Pretty sure it does matter. Starters = more minutes plus are with starting group. Last night of coarse lin n bev had same minutes. But when you saw those back to back games where Lin and howard were connecting on so many ally opps and what not why would you want to ruin that I'd be wanting to create the Lin howard connection. Even Morey has higher regard for Lin then mchale. Think devolping Lin is key if we do not pick up another point. I think bev is good I'm a fan but just don't think he's championship matarial.

9. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Did you even watch the game last night?

10. mockster

mockster Member

Been on this forum before you even made your account. I've had an account before forgot password been lurking for years. Good one though. I even remember artest coming on here or being featured on here or something. Ok cool.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Lin can score better than Bev so it makes sense for him to come off the bench since our bench is weak. It is one of the few things I agree with Mchale on, we have plenty of offense with the starters but not enough defense, no conspiracy just good ole fashioned common sense, shout out to redearth, lol.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because he fits better with the starters.

Lin can be a "mystery weapon" off the bench as a sixth man.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

pop quiz for the OP: who was the starter before bev got injured?

14. mockster

mockster Member

Yeah I wasent that impressed by the performance?. He made a couple decent shots down the line but 5-11 and two assist vs 3-8 4 assist. Lins a better passer to me that's why I think it doesn't make sense. N bev just came off the injury

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Because Lin excels in the second unit, and coming off the bench for him did wonders?

16. BonziWellsGOAT

The moment I saw the title of the thread

[​IMG]

17. mockster

mockster Member

Thing is bev can score to. Infact all he does is score n play defense. He doesn't get that many assist.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

How many games should a player remain remain on the bench when returning from injury before it is no longer "disrespectful" to his teammate?

19. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

20. mockster

mockster Member

Did wonders. Lin went 3-8 with 4 assist. That's wonderful . I didn't even think lin played that good beside a couple nice passes and a 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.