1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Why Did America Kill My Mother?"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

More at link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/29/pakistani-drone-victim-congress_n_4171975.html

Good job guys. I don't care how delicious okra stew is, you can't have grandmothers picking okra near public telephones used by a member of the Taliban. These are the necessary casualties of war.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Why did Pakistan let the Taliban **** up my country asks every child in Pakistan. Great thread! Nothing like taking quotes from children to simplify complex issues. Nice job. I'm sure we can expect ATW to post the latest Pakistani acid attack, honor killing, or marriage of a ten year old any time now. Can't wait.

1 person likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, Mathloon has posted straight Al Qaeda propaganda here before, so nothing is surprising with this guy, really. Although the USA should not be exempt from criticism, he just spreads anti-USA propaganda...on an American message board.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mathloom

Supporting Member

If it's a child, they're too young. If it's a grown up they're probably a terrorist. If it's a woman, then she should have fled the country.

You tell me buddy, what is so complex about drones flying over a country which does not belong to you on which you have not declared war and killing those people as well as nearby innocents without a trial?

Perhaps the problem here is that the child understands better than you that the circumstances and the outcome defy logic. Even if ATW posts about the countless horror stories of the Taliban - it is accepted that the Taliban are terrible people, but we are meant to accept that the US military's horrific actions are "complex"?

That excuse has expired. You vote for the guy who consider this woman's death and illegal warfare and bribery of repressive sovereign political entities as acceptable forms of avoiding the shrinkage of an empire. It reminds me of how Islamic scholars claim you have to ask a scholar any question you have about Islam because it's so "complex". The logic is the same - they also want to keep their power.

5. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Anti-US foreign policy posts on *gasp* a multicultural US-based Debate and Discussion message board??

THE HORROR!

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Why did Pakistan provide refuge for the mastermind of 9/11?

/thread

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Well, I think the thread is over now guys. :grin:

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It's an American board with lenient enough access policies to accept membership and posts from English-speaking foreign nationals. But impugning the host country as murderers on behalf of our currently most despised global adversaries will garner nothing but resentment, ridicule, apathy and ultimately banishment.

1 person likes this.
  9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well I am a white guy American from the Midwest. Hopefully that makes me
    American enough for you. The whole drone thing as well as our invasion of Iraq and occupation of Afghanistan is wrong, immoral, illegal and stupid. I suppose you want me banished, too.

Sorry our country are murderers in my eyes and that of the majority of the world. Let's change our policies so we kill less folks needlessly and our image changes.

Mathloom is a valuable poster whose views are much more reasoned and nuanced then the simplistic hatred of ATW.

10. esteban

esteban Member

There you go...here is the proof that this message board is anti-American.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I thought you would take a chance to blame barry. That was a easy setup for you. All you had to do was spike it down the net.

12. g1184

g1184 Member

Pitiful. "Defending" America by bullying the guy exercising his First Amendment right.

As bigtexx would say:
    Hey, "fair and balanced" fans, what's wrong with hearing a story from the other perspective? or is this how you always react to a story written from a different point of view?

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This is a privately run forum.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'm a lover, not a hater. Also, "than".

15. Nook

Nook Member

Mathloom..... don't you have an airplane to blow up?

16. Nook

Nook Member

Mathloom Thaer....

I should have known.

17. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

I'm not sure where you're getting these ideas about 'empire' - Pakistan produces nothing of value that the US or anyone else would want. We're involved in the country because three things are true - Pakistan has working nuclear weapons, a teetering, corrupt government, and a burgeoning Islamist movement eager to seize power. If any one of those things ceases to be, believe me, we'll be out of the country so fast it'll make your head spin.

18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Lol.

Everyone supports killing foreigners.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Shameful

Rocket River

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That lady that got blown to pieces helped provide refuge to Osama?