1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Daryl Morey and the NBA need to apologize to China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by weopeo9744, Oct 8, 2019.

1. freyzhang

freyzhang Member

this is actually what US did in the long time

2. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

totaly agree with freedom of free speech, like others said, you need to take consequnces into account.

Don't make it complicated, here is one example.

You and your friend A are of good relationship (just like Rockets to China), one day you said something to your friend whom sees it crossing a line and as offensive.
    and your friend leaves you for that. Would you apologize to him/her or not?
    if no apology, that's fine. Consequence is that you lose each other as connections and friends, unless you don't care anymore.

same case here, no apology from DM, Rockets/NBA is banned. Simple as that!! this is no dictatorship. this is just respect of Chinese and sovereignty of China. Ban will cause great harm to NBA, and great harm to China fans as well. We all feel sad. But the harm of DM is even more painful than not following NBA.

is this really something difficult to understand?

freyzhang likes this.
  3. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

totaly agree with freedom of free speech, like others said, you need to take consequnces into account.

Don't make it complicated, here is one example.

You and your friend A are of good relationship (just like Rockets to China), one day you said something to your friend whom sees it crossing a line and as offensive.
    and your friend leaves you for that. Would you apologize to him/her or not?
    if no apology, that's fine. Consequence is that you lose each other as connections and friends, unless you don't care anymore.

same case here, no apology from DM, Rockets/NBA is banned. Simple as that!! this is no dictatorship. this is just respect of Chinese and sovereignty of China. Ban will cause great harm to NBA, and great harm to China fans as well. We all feel sad. But the harm of DM is even more painful than not following NBA.

is this really something difficult to understand?

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

China is violating its agreements and creeping in with more authoritarian rule. This is not some issue of Chinese sovereignty. It is about the autonomy of HK. I don't think this is comparable to offending your friend. If my "friend" wanted to tell me what to say, I would find a new friend. China is over reacting and acting like a bully. Well tough. You don't get to tell your friend what they can and can't say. Good friends respect each other, even when they disagree. China is acting like the shittiest "friend" ever. I hope more businesses and countries that believe in freedom cut out China and the world begins to isolate them just as it did Soviet Russia.

Yung-T, fckbandwagons and malakas like this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

Very simple.
    Me and my "friend" are friends because we both like watching basketball over the years. All of a sudden I realise this person is a nazi supporter.

I don't apologise and cut all ties off completely as fast as possible.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

shots fired.

7. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

and D.Morey knows all the things going on in Hong Kong at the moment. A person like DM said someting like that is just pouring oil in the flames.
    In this "friend" case, it is just like: you hit a friend when he is really down. This is so disappointing.

8. malakas

malakas Member

What? If my "friend" is down because he is enslaving and abusing others and they decided to fight back, then not only I don't help him but I go to report him to the police.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

haha, then it makes no sense to talk any more. Another one who is misled by all the biased media. BYE.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Far’weed.

11. malakas

malakas Member

haha yes.
    :rolleyes:

The truth is biased when it doesn't suit the nazi agenda.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Schindler was a nazi supporter but also became a hero of the Jews.

So are things still simple? ask Spielberg and watch Schindler’s list.

13. the shark

the shark Member

Yep not complicated at all.

To your example.
    You say "something" to your friend.
    It wasn't just "something" but rather pointing out the ABUSE this friend was doing to another person.

Maybe you might be willing to stick your head in the sand and watch a so called friend ABUSE another human being but someone who has a soul and a heart won't keep their mouth shut.

And if so called "friend" can't handle being told that what they are doing is not just WRONG but INHUMANE than I say who NEEDS FRIENDS LIKE THIS!!!!

If this "friend" wants to pout and walk away and not be friends anymore have at it because we were NEVER FRIENDS TO BEGIN WITH. Either this "friend" gets this or they don't.

I guess it's ok to abuse other people but what your IGNORANT mind is obviously not grasping is this same "friend" (your freakin GOVERNMENT) will do (and does do) the same thing(s) to you. You call bullshit on this statement. Go tell this Government of yours how pissed you are about not being able to watch any NBA games on T.V. You know just speaking a thought about something so small about not being able to watch a game on tv. Let's see how well this government you're defending responds.

Let us know how you're enjoying your new crib (JAIL)!!

Yep "not complicated at all".

14. Rochut

Rochut Member

This massive overreaction to one tweet from someone’s personal twitter illustrates such an incredible insecurity it is almost comical. The fact that it was made on a platform of speech that is banned in China underlines this insecurity.

Deckard and Yung-T like this.
  15. Rochut

Rochut Member

You perhaps don’t realise a few things. This began because the Chinese government was not living up to it’s agreement
    you are confused. This kicked off when the government in HK introduced legislation that millions of people in the SAR felt would violate the Basic Law which China had previously agreed to. Not secession. Take a deep breath and think it through, it’s not rocket science.

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  16. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

If said friend takes offense to um legitimate "constructive criticism" as opposed to something genuinely offensive...

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

OK just want to make sure I am following it right so far.

Morey, not a b****
    Tilman, b****
    Harden, b****
    Silver, kinda but not quite a b****?
    Kerr, quiet b****
    Steven A, b****
    Max, not a b****

freyzhang and Harrisment like this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Moral Morey.
    Rockets new excuse for not winning a championship.

19. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

No apologies are needed. It is not a difference in culture when one is objectively better than the other. Democracy is better than dictatorship. There is no debate, and no need for an apology.

Yung-T likes this.
  20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

LOL at calling our media biased when China's media is not allowed to report a single thing without government approval. Hell, their media is the government. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess we are getting more accurate news than your "friend" is.

Yung-T likes this.