1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Couldn't Rockets Secure Dampier Signing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Liberon, Mar 3, 2011.

1. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Why do we waste time to discuss so topic?

2. Rocketfanatic2

I do believe that we were interested in Dampier, but not enough to lure him here. I think we were looking to go young (current roster), and didn't make a huge effort to bring him in. Maybe we showed equal interest in Dampier and Miller, and Brad just wanted to be here more.

We did end up signing Dampier, but he just decided to go a different route.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Why do you think he's even a God? Why is this big-head dumby praised so much? The guy that is the Mav's GM = thousand times better. Heck most of this league has a better GM. Re-examine Morey's moves and it's as if a star is out there that wants to come to shiiity Houston to play with all it's problems? Assets mean nothing when you don't consider what's available in the open market to obtain. Stock piling them for years means nothing. Brad Miller was beyond a mistake for this team. Heck not flipping Battier for Perkins when it was there sums up how bad Morey is as a GM. He's one worthless mother****er..

4. meh

meh Member

5-6 extra wins is literally "all-star level player vs role player" difference. Dampier would not change our record to anywhere close to that level. His PER(he's not good enough for me to try for any deeper analysis) is an abysmal 10, compared to 12 by Jordan Hill.

If anything, if he took Jordan Hill's minutes, the Rockets would likely lose an extra game. And GARM would be filled with posts about how Adelman never develop young players.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

<BR>
    Din't you here? Superstars like Dampier are not
    intarested in signing wit the Rockets because ever1 in the
    league knows how bad we treat our playerz!!!!!1!

<BR><BR>

6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Member

+1 so true Damp sucks

7. HeWhoIsLunchbox

You really think Boston would've been willing to part with Perkins for Battier? I think you need to take a look in the mirror before you call Morey a "big-head dumby".

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Morey no can get superstar like Damp!

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He would have helped more than not. I don't think you can put Jordan Hill or Brad Miller in the same landscape because they aren't even playing most games while Damp gets to start for the rest of the season. The only thing I'm concerned with is if Scola, a streaky Hayes, Martin, streaky Lowry or Budinger is enough for Damp to operate the way he is for Miami (given the attention attractors). Having 5 minutes to think about it, I think Bosh's presence, Wade and Lebron help alot. But you got to admit he's doing way more than most any filler could by a mile. I think Hayes help defense would give Damp the opportunity to make weak side blocks something we haven't seen in Houton for minute. Damp would have fit in for this team and with the way we've been playing, the dynamics would have been perfect. Clippers beat us on Wednesday but if we had Damp for the stretch it might have been enough to length to hold on to a longer winning streak. Think about it.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They know Battier is for defending Melo, Lebron, and Wade. I think Ainge doesn't pay attention to the regression and just puts on the Lakers / Rockets series in 2009 in his VHS and agrees to the trade then and there. They get rid of Perkins who doesn't want to sign with them long term and we send Battier to contender like most people here want.

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

"I'm just going to assume the Boston GM is a moron and so that's how we can trade Battier for Perkins."

Flawless logic.

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

The Boston team defense is good enough that they don't need a "shut-down" wing player. They were engaged in talks with Morey about Shane, but nothing came of the talks (most likely because Boston wasn't offering anything worthwhile). They ended up getting much more than we could've offered in dealing with OKC. They got back a solid back-up center and a young, potential-filled SF/PF in Jeff Green. There is no way that Morey could compete with that package. Stop kidding yourself.

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Umm... no.

The Celtics weren't desperate for an old SF/SG stopper. Sure, they wanted Battier, but they didn't want to give up Perkins for him.

What they didn't mind giving up Perkins for was a young SF/PF type of player that can give Paul Pierce some rest and the team won't miss too much offensively.

That's not Battier.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Battier, Jordan Hill (for the future, they give him the chance because they think being in Boston Uni rekindles the fire) and we give em Aaron Brooks and Brad Miller (for same reasons as Jordan Hill) maybe Jeffries want's a go for Boston as well. We take back Perkins and the perpetual 13 yr old known as Nate Robinson.

15. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Just because Battier for Perkins was discussed doesn't mean it was the best deal available to Boston as evidenced by the fact that they got Green instead, who obviously has more value in the L than Battier. Being a GM in real life is different from managing your 2k11 team. You can't just trade players if their salaries match--you need to convince another GM that you have the best deal for them. And if you don't have the best deal available, it's an uphill battle. Battier<Green. End of story.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The thing that irks me about this board is they say Damp sucks. But don't examine the current situation with Miami and bother to check up on his more than satisfying play thus far. But then again this is the same board that suggested banning a poster for thinking about Dirk as a Rocket. People here are just not very insightful and it does get annoying.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

I know, right?

I just HATE it when people here have opinions that don't align with my own flawless takes!! :mad:

18. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Please stop posting. Please.

Quit while you are irretrievably behind. I'm embarrassed for you. I hate that feeling.

19. AggieRocketsFan

Dampier or Eddie Curry?

20. meh

meh Member

I guess this board just can't recognize the greatness of a guy playing 15mpg and get 2ppg and 3rpg. I