1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Bob Dylan is the baddest mother****er that ever walked the earth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Batman Jones, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

This is why.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hMARixzu6O0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-4AWQFcoRWw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bob Dylan is the baddest mother****er...

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

that's good, but I still say Batman is the baddest Mother***cker who has walked the Earth.

not like they make Bob Dylan purses...like Batman

[​IMG]

4. heypartner

In all seriousness, Batman Jones...I was 6th son out of a house who played that all the time to me. I probably heard all his music before you went to middle school.

I grew up knowing all his lyrics and all his songs...at age, sumpin like 10. When you were born. It depressed me.

sorry. not a big fan. respect the dude...but he is like Batman....depressing. Still...no one is better than Bob Dylan.

#4 heypartner, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  5. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. heypartner

wait for it...Batman Jones will come in to say sumpin about teaching us not to learn but to listen about how "we don't idolize with a tongue on fire in a rat race while the chair remains clear and the roof tops are below our ears"

then I'll say...

"But it's alright Ma"

and he goes to sleep.

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I beg to differ.

1 person likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I agree with the OP and have spent a lot of time waiting for another musical force like him.

What's so ultimately cool is the music he's created, as a songwriter. You could never hear the original recordings but there are so many sweet recordings of the songs. I just found this randomly, for what is perhaps my Dylan favorite.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BQ0J50hK1wA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How is it possible for you to have heard "all" of his music since he was not finished making music at that time? Are you saying that you are a big liar? I think so.

Bob Dylan was the Michael Bolton of his time. Yeah, you have awesome hair, dude, but where is the depth?

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's true that the more thoughtful people of the time were listening to Bubble Puppy (at least in Texas, right, Deckard?)

11. chapinha_br

chapinha_br Member

OP, he is the baddest mother****er that ever walked the earth not because of this, but because he is 70 and plays like 80 concerts a year. That being said, his songs are prayers to me

12. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I can only be me, whoever that is.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe src="http://www.wat.tv/embedframe/378044chuPP3r726968" frameborder="0" style="width: 560px; height: 315px;"></iframe><div class="watlinks" style="width:WIDTHpx;font-size:11px; background:#CCCCCC; padding:2px 0 4px 0; text-align: center;"><a target="_blank" class="waturl" href="http://www.wat.tv/video/the-big-lebowski-bob-dylan-fkxk_2gbjz_.html" title="Vidéo The Big Lebowski-Bob Dylan-the man in me- sur wat.tv"><strong>The Big Lebowski-Bob Dylan-the man in me-</strong></a> Vidéo <a class="waturl altuser" href="http://www.wat.tv/blackboxers" title="Retrouvez toutes les vidéos blackboxers sur wat.tv">blackboxers</a> sélectionnée dans <a href="http://www.wat.tv/guide/musique" class="waturl alttheme" title="Toutes les vidéos Musique sont sur wat.tv">Musique</a> </div>

14. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I was reading somewhere that Astral Weeks was voted the greatest Irish
    album of the rock era by Irish artists, musicians and critics (even though it was recorded in Boston with American jazz musicians). Which got me to thinking, if I had to choose one album for greatest American rock and roll album, I would have to go with Highway 61 Revisited.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3mM1am2QlKs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. heypartner

sorry I didn't add "up to that point."

Bob Dylan was like a religious icon in my family. And being the 7th sibling, I was weened on him. I don't care how good you are or important or even how much I like your music, overplay is overplay. You just can't take it anymore.

At age 12, I was so happy when another rebellious brother found out I earned $5 for mowing the neighbors lawn and dragged me to the record store to buy my first album, Freak Out. Changed my life...and I never looked back. The Ramones were next.

16. esteban

esteban Member

But is he vitamin D deficient?

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure Andy Jackson was the baddest m-fer ever. That said, true bad m-fers are a small group and the musician subset is smaller still. Dylan is definitely there, as is Woody.

19. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bad mother****ers, inherently, have no need to proclaim their own badmuther****eredness, and have no use for those who'd declaim it in their stead.

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You=Frasier Crane as Sideshow Bob. I bet your pinky finger never touches a drinking glass.