1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why aren't we talking about Dwight Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Oct 30, 2013.

?

Why?

1. Because McHale likes him

6 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. I forgot he was on the team

26 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. Because he doesn't have a movie about himself

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. He's clean shaven

4 vote(s)
    2.3%
  5. He has no lunatic fans

63 vote(s)
    35.6%
  6. I'm not worried about his future with the team

26 vote(s)
    14.7%
  7. Coach D'Antoni doesn't like him

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  8. I'm trying to see if the PS4 version of Battlefield looks better than Xbox

14 vote(s)
    7.9%
  9. Didn't throw a pick 6

35 vote(s)
    19.8%
  1. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Lin played well today, what does have to do with Dwight?
    I think Harden had the best pass to Dwight tonight.

2. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I'd say that Dwight had a fine debut for the Rockets tonight.

3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

sounds not a good question.

to your question, it's simple because there is no contradiction on what howard did in this game. aren't you bored if everyone says exactly same words regarding howard here?

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The big fella had a dominate performance with 17pts and 26rbs. The refs were calling a bunch of BS calls on him but he still handled his bizz.

To answer the OP's question: its because Lin verses Bev is the more interesting popular crazy debate.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

You said, "he's really good when he's 2 feet away."

I assume you mean 2 feet away from the basket. What I'm saying is Lin is particularly adept at making those scoop/bounce passes where a big man is close to the basket and he is drawing defenders. And that's gonna benefit Dwight alot. Harden had some great passes to Dwight tonight too of course. One problem is that it seems like Lin don't play on the same team as Dwight in the practice and they haven't developed much chemistry. It's an opportunity lost.

6. Baruch

Baruch Member

I guess it's because Howard as a superstar, whatever he does right will be taken for granted?

7. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

Please tell me the ratio between people who joined in 2012-2013 compared to people who joined before that date. About half of the active members are from 2012-2013. Please don't fool yourself. I'm just stating facts.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Needs moar lunatic fans. :grin:

Seriously though, he looks amazing. He may not be an offensive juggernaut, but the buckets he does make are SO pretty. He makes it look effortless.

9. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

Dwight Howard > James Harden

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Is it me or is he not jumping as high as he used to? Didn't they say he lost like 30% of his strength in his legs in one of the preseason games?

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just stating the facts that 1 real Rockets fan is better than 1 billion fake ones.

Why don't you just trying leaving the site for say, 5 years, and come back and tell me if it's still here.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Great game by Dwight! 40 rebounds from Dwight and Asik. Talk about killer!

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah, it was pretty dead before the lunatics showed up. The 10 plus years of posts and tens of thousands of members were just a phase. :grin:

14. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

I won't take that defense and rebounding for granted.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

There are plenty of us who joined from 2012-2013 who are legit Rockets fans and not "____ Only Fans." The board definitely wouldn't be dead if the latter group left, but it would be more enjoyable for sure. And that's regardless of whose name you put in that blank.

1 person likes this.
  16. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

GTFO lol one rocket fan is better than 1 billion fake ones hahahahaha. You must be crazy delusional. If the NBA or any nba team can pick between one real NBA fan Or a billion fake ones. They would pick the fake ones. I'm done have a good night. Read a book too. hahahahahha made my day

and for the latter comment. I was just saying 50-60% of the threads here would be gone. With those gone, members won't be able to voice their opinion and won't want to make threads. It would still be alive, but it won't be active as it is now.

17. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

I absolutely detest Dwight(as a person) but I have to admit a healthy Dwight is very very scary. In terms of impact he will probably be more important to this team than Harden. Both Dwight and Harden are gonna be top 5-10 players. A scary thought and they are great fits too.

18. treeman

treeman Member

I'm *reluctantly* going with "He has no lunatic fans", because while I know that he does in fact have lunatic fans, his fans' lunacies pale in comparison to Lin's fans' lunacy. And we've spent the last few days navigating the lunacy of Lin's fans. There's little time to talk about Dwight's Awesomonimity (I think I just made up a word) when you're arguing with juveniles from China who've never held a basketball but who are are adept at trolling, and who are starstruck with a player who was briefly a star a year and a half ago...

19. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

20. treeman

treeman Member

As an aside, I think this board would be better off if everyone with a post-summer 2012 join date was banned from posting for one year. Yes, mean and undemocratic, and potentially wasting a good fanbase, but... Most of them are LOFs. I always look at the member date, and when it's 2012 they'd better have something decent to say. They usually don't.

2 people like this.