1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are we such a soft team in losses? Where is our JYD?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pippsux, Dec 30, 2013.

1. pippsux

pippsux Member

One thing I cannot stand is a soft team. The team that thumps it's chest when they win laughs, goofs around when they win, but cowers in the corner when hit in the mouth.

Twice this season, I have witnessed it, against the Pacers and against the Thunder....even if you are going to lose, make them respect or fear you next time so "we will see you in Houston" actually means something.

McHale was not a soft player in his day, so when did he become a soft coach? I know in his personal life, he has taken some big hits, my heart goes out to him and his family, but this teams needs a take no prisoners in your face , type of coach, who will micro manage them till they prove capable of playing on the fly. They are not capable.

Coach should not be afraid to get into Harden's face, demand more!
    " yo beard, this is the team that did not want you anymore" C'mon get mad imagine Sam Presti is the rim and attach the **** out of it".

I have supported Harden, but if you can't bring your A game against the team that traded you away from your buddies, then I give up as a fan.

We have a bunch of prissy, 3pt shooting, choir boys (TJones excluded) THAT are easily bullied. When your 6'3 pg (Beverly, not Lin) is your toughest player then there is a problem. When your 7 ft 250+ pound center is behaving like a jilted lover "you replace me with Dwight Howard, I know play again, I demand trade"

We need a "junk yard dog" on this team and Garcia's facial machinations don't count.

1 person likes this.
  2. Play07

Play07 Member

People don't want those kind of players here, when rondo name was thrown around they said he would be a CANCER to harden. "Harden needs the ball"

Good look if you want to go far in playoffs when players can easily get in your head

Durant told mchale and staff last night when he hit a 3 on harden "HE CANT HOLD ME!" During the game, that's the kind if players I like ones who not scared to get a ill dirty

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The team may be a little soft as a whole... But I'm not sure how that relates to losses only?? I think you're just relating it to the loss. They could have lost by 30 with a tougher attitude also. It happens.

Also, btw, Harden had some bad and some BIG games against the Thunder last year too

4. Play07

Play07 Member

Durant, banged on Toyota center floor last year, & told fans court side behind the goal, "THIS IS MY CITY"!!!

5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Too bad he didnt attach the rim last night. Maybe we could of hit more of our shots.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Because we have soft players, for the most part.

7. nykb17

nykb17 Member

This is why I think we should go after Melo and send Asik. Lin and whoever else they want.

8. Play07

Play07 Member

Casspi gets bullied a lot by other teams players, harden snaps at casspi often but never other teams players

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We traded them away.

I mean guys like Lowry, Scola, Dragic, Lee--guys who never quit.

In our team, Garcia tries to be the one but he doesn't really scare anyone.

10. pippsux

pippsux Member

I am a Harden fan...

If everybody else is tired on the team, he cannot afford to be tired. He has to understand that. I am disappointed in him cause I am a fan of his, but he does not like getting hit.

I listened to Bill Simmons concerning body language and I didn't read much into it before, but BS is right, Harden has terrible body language. When we are getting killed he wilts. Dude? you have a freaking beard, be a man and get mad when you are getting your ass handed to you. Because the team has taken on this happy go lucky team that I am tired off. We need some grit on this team.

I know, lot of CF fans have been saying it, but I chose to ignore and support, but I can't take blow out beat down loses to playoff teams like the Pacers and Thunder. If we don't have the right attitude to beat these teams then what are we playing for this season?

If Howard is going to be the smiling giant, then Harden needs to be the brooding angry guy. All our leaders on this team are too nice.

Parsons?:grin:
    Lin?:grin:
    Howard?:grin::grin:

Enough already!

11. Gertso

Gertso Member

Jusy say no to Melo.

12. bmd

bmd Member

I don't know that they're soft. They are mentally weak in my opinion.

All teams get behind on the road in a hostile environment. I find when this happens to the Rockets, they try to get it all back at once. They start forcing shots, jacking up 3's, and playing more out of control the more the other team's fans get loud.

They need to block all of that out, settle down and play their game.

Probably has more to do with being a young team. But they still have to grow up as a team and learn to be mentally tough. A team can only win a championship if they are mentally tough.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Soft is not a basketball term, quantifiable in any way shape or form and anything more than an alternate description angry fans use to show displeasure in the team.

You hit your shots or you don't.

14. pippsux

pippsux Member

I want Rondo. I like his nastiness. This team needs it.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

If the players can't provide it, the coach has to do his part. Get angry at his players; get a tech or two.

The team lacks discipline to stick to their game style both on defense and offense. I really hate seeing the defensive breakdowns when all of them are in the paint and that leaves OKC shooters like Lamb free. What are they running out there?

16. s.b713

s.b713 Member

You know im okay with the losses, it happens its a long season blah blah blah they're bound to happen. I just wanna see my team bring it more consistently hate seing them getting blown out of the water just like that. The Pacers n OKC game were just too embarrasing, good thing i didnt go to Chulas for the viewing party, i wouldve walked out early Lol

17. pippsux

pippsux Member

Melo could work in terms of giving this team a bit of a bite, but McHale would not know how to coach them. Need a real veteran coach with winning experience to coach Harden Melo and Howard together.

18. bmd

bmd Member

I think soft is more of a mental state. You can sulk, give up, not give effort, etc. when you fall behind.

Or you can show grit and pick up the intensity and don't let teams push your team around. If you need to foul somebody hard to get your team in the game, you will get physical with them.

Soft teams fold when it gets tough. Gritty teams pick up the intensity.

Patrick Beverley is the only player on this team who has that mentality in my opinion. He keeps coming and won't quit.

19. TheJet

TheJet Member

Good takes. When things start falling apart it takes maturity and leadership to hold it all together. IMO this team is entirely too young and newly assembled to expect that kind of response to getting punched in the mouth. It gets repeated ad nauseam, but even the Heat took some time to gel, and we're talking about HoF talent over there.

Realistically, I would give the current roster (plus hopefully an impact PF) at least two full seasons to build that teamwork, maturity and leadership before expecting a true contender. But in today's "what have you done for me lately" world they'll be under scrutiny for certain, as unfair as it may be.

20. pippsux

pippsux Member

I disagree, ask any coach or GM and "soft" is a term that gets used a lot. I would never call Blake Griffin soft to his face, but the buzz word with him is "soft".