1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Are They Talking About The Proud Boys

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Sep 30, 2020.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I hope they win the lawsuit but I also hope they stop trying to be the political mirror image of rioters that lean left by acting out and yes I hope they prove the resolve to be against white supremacy

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Republicans are racist or anyone who votes for Trump is a racist. I do think Trump is a threat to our democracy and ultimately a threat to not just Democrats but Republicans too.

But groups like the Proud Boys are a real threat. Right wing extremism isn't the same thing as the Right. But Trump is stoking them and is their hero, Biden is not a friend to Antifa.

The FBI considers right-wing extremism a national security issue. It doesn't see Antifa that way. That should be telling.

AleksandarN likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't know whether Trump is a racist or not. But he plays to that audience and wants their support. And it is scary.

If Trump wins, there will certainly be civil disorder - mass protests, rioting, and looting for sure.

If Biden wins, I fear an armed rebellion.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The thing is, if Trump really doesn't think that the Proud Boys or whatever group he gets asked about is bad, he needs to provide an articulate defense of that opinion. If he does think they are bad, he needs to clearly denounce them with no "stand by" type of equivocation. He did neither, so the issue is hanging out there.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

how? against who? if biden "wins" its over.

in my mind violence happens on election day first with this vote suppress scheme..

if biden "wins" outright landslide im struggling to see a scenario with violence since trump can then whine all he wants but what will it do? same for biden if trump wins big..

the next other possibility of violence comes from each side and the announcement of state results.. that could go either way in terms of violence thats why even if have to wait to get all votes counted it still should be votes not decided by party is the expectation.

if it goes to supreme court it will result in violence and at that point more likely from democrat side even more so if biden wins popular vote..

there better not be any election day shenanigans by the voting officials themselves. it would suck to have it be contested on account of widespread issues and fraud at the voting booth. im not surprised at all if repugs go this route and hope to get dems to contest this way. pray for clean on that side.

6. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I agree bro.

7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

DHS draft document: White supremacists are greatest terror threat

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/04/white-supremacists-terror-threat-dhs-409236

8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Like when you said Trump was touched by god. What a troll. Truth and logic lmao!

9. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Glad to see the OP getting owned over, and over, and over and over in this thread. Well done everyone.

10. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Shh, don't tell pgabriel facts.

11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You don't think that is possible again? Trump's attack on government and democracy will incite similar people to act out I am afraid.

[​IMG]

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

haha I feel slightly bad because pgabriel is the only true "feelings troll" on this site.

all the other trolls dont bring it from the heart as much. the other top trolls are trash but live in persona land and its a big character play...their trolling is like fighting someone in middle english at the renaissance festival. all fake , contrived to some agenda.

and while op maybe be bad faith in his misguided je ne se quaw element... I admit due to aspects of purity it is fun to engage him.

op reminds me of a dog that wants to bite you all pissed but you feel bad too because hes wearing this stupid dog sweater

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

well sure i was talking more widespread violence and where and when. im just a guy like you (what is your prediction) and my hope is landslide one way or the other with no doubt and then it would be over hopefully.

to me landslide either way is best outcome.

14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Yeah but the nut cases will blame mail in voting and fraud for why trump lost.. It is those anti gov nut cases I am worried about.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

well too late on that since nut cases will do that anyway.

there cant be fear for that.

besides if landslide for biden mail in wont matter anyway

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I don't mind as long as he engages in a civil manner, and he has thus far and I believe I have returned that as well. I may never change his mind or his thoughts but that isn't really my goal in engaging with him any way.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

White Supremacists, Neo-Nazis, etc - all murders by these people don't bother you because hey, whatabout black on black crime???

If you don't understand why racism is a big deal, then let these people come to power and trust me, you will understand.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That made me chuckle, it's so true.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Holy **** you people are mental.

20. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so just 1 single incident in your entire life?