1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Are They Talking About The Proud Boys

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't pretend to be woke, nor am I a proponent of woke culture. I've taken my fair share of flak from the more far left posters here. What I am (I do not pretend to be something I'm not on the internet, like you) is a decent human being that knows how to treat other people.

I do not need some fake internet tough guy to tell me how to act. I know who I am, what I believe, and what I stand for.

I will also not be told how to act around people that are different from me in skin color only. I don't know what they go through, but I have seen things happen to them in my life, and I know they are treated differently than myself. In medical school, didn't they teach you to put yourself in someone else's shoes as you care for them? Something called empathy? Well, that's what I routinely try and do here, and in life. I don't pretend to know what others feel or are thinking, I merely try to imagine what it would be like to be them, while not hiding my true self.

You want to talk about staying in your lane, then take a look in the mirror. That's a fairly aggressive post for me posting a true story about the KKK.

I'll also challenge you to show me where I've said I know the plight of minorities or what they want? Good luck.

#81 Two Sandwiches, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    CometsWin and jiggyfly like this.
  2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

White supremacy is always a problem and is/has been on the rise in this country. Hate crimes are committed every day as well. It is an issue.

Crime is always an issue in an election. If you aren't tough on crime or not perceived that way, your chances of getting elected are slim.

Chicago has it's issues but why doesn't he talk about Louisiana, Missouri, South Carolina, etc. They all have higher murder rates per capita due to firearms than Illinois (Chicago). Is it simply because Illinois is a Democratic controlled state or does he really care?

Talking about white supremacy and then bring up the criminal reform bill? I applaud him for the reform bill but it appears or was reported he expected black people to fall in line with him for passing it. So far, it has only assisted about 6,000 prisoners out of 2.3 million as well.

When I am walking down a dark alley I'm not worried about white supremacists. I'm not worried about black men either. I'm worried about criminals and opportunists who might take advantage of a vulnerable situation. When my family drives through Harrison, Arkansas however (and we do frequenlty) my concerns shift obviously.

JayGoogle and Two Sandwiches like this.
  3. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Ok, I believe you. Maybe, my reply was meant for other posters. Peace

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'll accept that, and truth be told, we're all not that different. That's one thing I don't like about the current administration. I feel they paint a picture that we are.

Peace.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Good **** and I agree completely but this has all been said before by various posters and he has created at least 10+ plus threads about the same thing and injected this into at least 20 others.

Hopefully he takes this to heart.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Whoa!

Much respect.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Another dumb pgabs thread worthy of a barbershop.

Reeko likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Guess which one is the General Beta.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I am more than capable of listening to others when they have made their point.

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

cool ..do you condemn the violence of proud boys?

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

We have very good posters from the other side that is fair, rocketsjudoka obviously will not be one direction and is very fair. DonnyMost is once someone I hated Initially but He either mellowed out or we understand each other more -absolutely respect his fairness And give him a hug if I could. He never piles on me even on the times I deserve it ..Eddie is a good guy, pele too. It’s the ones that are ultra one direction that I can’t stand in addition to being absolute garbage attitude ..they know who they are.

special exception to Deckard and Franchiseblade, Dadakota, they are one direction but generally good folks

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do you try to defend hate groups by showing the alleged malfeasances of democrats?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I finally figured out what the P stands for in his name: Русский робот = Russian Robot

Rocket River

15. ROXRAN

Did you catch Antifa in the video? The Antifa flag...violence, etc. mob injustice. Kicking the lady laying on the ground. Ripping a handicap person from the wheelchair. Screaming at an 80 year old woman with Biden’s “you know the thing” playing in the background ...you can’t pass the street without raising the fist in the Nazi BLM salute while in a car ....I’m not defending those hate groups because they are on the Democrats side . I’m showing what Democrats allow unfortunately through no police riot control

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I give you **** for sure for your views on race and guns, but I don't have any animosity towards you whatsoever.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

A propaganda video is what you are using?

Antifa isn't democrats first of all. Second of all you can't call every person who commits street violence Antifa or a Democrat and that's what that video does. You want people outside the right to take you seriously you have to post from credible sources not just video - a lot of which is from unknown context.

18. ROXRAN

Your a good guy too sweets, only 3 are bonafide turds and 1 is ignored . Most folks I absolutely enjoy listening to a different viewpoint, you’d be surprised to know I actually hated how Trump came across on the debate tbh

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Let's see how fast that lawsuit gets tossed out

20. ROXRAN

That’s fair, sometimes we try to bluster the other side a bit but we should try not to, I agree