1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are the terrific free agents still saying "no" to the a Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 4, 2014.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

His problem is that he's been butt-hurt since the Patterson trade. Oh the horror of trading Patrick freakin Patterson.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Even if we don't get Melo or one of the Heats, we can still get Love or Rondo.

3. MisterMister

MisterMister Member

Thought Spurs Championship would open FO's eyes ,but still blind.Spurs don't run out and sign superstars,they fine tune and get it right.Spurs are throwback, their top players are mostly homegrown.They Drafted Duncan,Mano,Parker and Leonard,even the big man.Of the teams to win NBA titles recently,Lakers-Celtics-Heat all won with other teams superstars.This is why I respect the Spurs Way,they built a winner.Maybe If our GM would leave the grapes on the vines a little longer we might have a better harvest

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Correct. I wonder why they don't do it but the Rockets do. I can't quite put a finger on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder what would've happened if Morey just built upon our core instead of doing all these trades and FA chasing.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

There's an ocean of difference between those two trios. All the seasoning in the world isn't going to turn the second one info the first.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Once in the last 17 years. The worst mark of any NBA team other than the Raptors who have only been in existence since 1995. I said this a month ago and people can dismiss it if they want, but at some point the inability of this franchise to win even one stinking playoff series is gonna register with quality free agents. Can you blame Melo if he likes his chances better with the Knicks? They at least have been to the second round more recently than the Rockets.

7. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Terrific free agents pfft!

I just care about sensational free agents.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What about the fantastic free agents?

Can we get them?

9. MisterMister

MisterMister Member

Our defense is a big reason for a lot of those first round exits.Eye test says simply hire good defensive coach. JVG got all he could,the offense failed.Once again should have hired a better offensive assistant not sell the car because it needs a tune up.

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

I blem maury unt milk hair

11. Possum

Possum Member

Their is plenty of room on the SA bandwagon jump on. When we are in the running for a championship the next 4 years and SA is trying to rebuild don't come running back here talking about how great we are.

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Y2K?....:confused:

13. MisterMister

MisterMister Member

Been Rocket Fan since 80's and will be when i die.I just feel like we can win with what we got,don't need to starting every year learning to play as a team.A team is like trust you got to build it.

1 person likes this.
  14. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I'm not saying it was ancient aliens....

15. Play07

Play07 Member

RESPECT OLD SCHOOL maneeee htown. Chacos, Timmy chans, galleria, MLK flea, compq center center, lil flip dj screw, zro slim, June 27th

16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Patrick Patterson was cool. Saw him eat his own boogers on live tv, though. Twice. :/

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

1. Pathetic, incompetent, clueless head coach who is a bottom 3 NBA coach who has zero post season track record as coach, holds no player accountable etc.

2. Not really a basketball city with all the circle jerk over an overrated team like the Texans and an egg ball city in general.

18. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

i think the marvelous free agents can be had

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Players don't like Morey treating then like assets. They want a front office that treats them right.

1 person likes this.
  20. Play07

Play07 Member

A lot of players are cool & respect Lin believe it or not, no players in the NBA don't like him

1 person likes this.