1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are T-Mac's minutes not being increased during each game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Notorious_Flava, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

RA is just not the coach that will play him heavy minutes. I think if Tmac was playing somewhere else that coach would probably throw him into heavy minutes. RA, maybe he's really looking out for T because he cares. Or maybe he just doesn't like him and is screwing him over.

2. PeppermintCandy

Here's that clip, courtesy of tinman's thread a few days ago.

3. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

i guess the same goes for ariza and bundinger and shane huh?

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I actually think Adelman saw that TMAC did not look as good in Denver as he did vs Detroit and thought maybe he should limit his minutes a bit considering we have another game tomorrow night.

5. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

This has been explained, t-mac will play 7-8 mins for about 5 or 6 more games.

6. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Rick is doing good for tmac and the team. Just BC he showed improvement today that doesn't result in more minutes you gotta take precaution with tmac its a long season.

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Uhh, okay...you KNOW he can help this team, but you can't watch any games?

I'll let you in on a little reality....

He's slow, he's off, he doesn't have his usual explosiveness...he's STILL recovering from MICROFRACTURE SURGERY...our coach is trying to SLOWLY work him back so he can have a decent CAREER and not play in pain for the rest of it...

He had some good moments, but he also looked like crap too(not hustling when he's not involved, not getting back on D)...

God Tmac-only fans are annoying as hell...hell, player-only fans are annoying as hell...can't wait until we trade his ass to so we can get back to Rocket fans...we've been pretty damn good without him...we don't need some fanboy to whine after a win b/c he's got a man crush on one of our bench players and can't get off his jock enough to enjoy it...

WE WON IN OVERTIME...comprede?!

You think running someone out there to 'see how well he does' helps us in this situation when he obviously isn't 100% and can possible get worse if we work him back too fast?

Or you could just look over the 30 OTHER POSTS ABOUT HIS CONDITION to realize why he's bringing him back this slow. FFS...

1 person likes this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

can u post the stats for those 3 players over the past 3 games.....thx a bunch

9. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

I'm a T-Mac fan, and I'm happy for both the team and T-Mac that RA is taking the path that he is. As Webber said, microfracture is not something you rush back from. Hopefully T-Mac sees this is good for both him and the team. Hopefully at the end of the fortnight RA re-evaluates and maybe bumps him to 15mins. Midway through the first and third quarters he should get 7mins. I also like the fact T-Mac being in means Ariza is taking less shots. Ariza is much better when he is just defending, slashing and spotting up for wide open 3's (although more the first two than the latter).

10. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Would anyone happen to have the few mins. Tmac played tonight. My link didn't work so I did not see how he looked.

11. daernoth

daernoth Member

Tmac got some solid minutes in the first half against the Mavs. He played good defense and was moving around quickly and with confidence. He is definitely improving.

12. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

I thought T-mac looked a lot quicker tonight. He actually ran much more smoother, and other than his first shot, which was basically a line drive, he did OK tonight.

13. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Tmac looked good today, he had more energy and he followed thru on D. I specifically saw him run down on D in a dallas fast break. He still looks too hestitant but I think that will change once he gets more confident and when his teamates really start to trust him. It seems that he is really trying to run the offense and play team ball. He did pass up a few good spots where he could have taken the ball to the hole. I think that is the biggest difference, he doesnt have that killer mentality. Can't blame him tho.

14. MattM

MattM Member

Making a thread here based on not watching any games is always worthy of a thread worth 1 star.

15. BBstanley

BBstanley Member

i don't know,probably because like what the news i heard,he's only given short minutes for showcase because rockets wanted to trade him away,i don't know is that true or not though

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Just watched the last 7 minutes of the first quarter and watched Tmac exclusively, he looked ok....a little off, but that seemed more chemisty than anything else.

He made a great tip pass to Scola on a rebound, no finish by Luis but really a smart play by Tracy.

He also led a break....but Landry missed a wide open 15 footer.

He is getting there, but not there yet.

DD

17. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

Hang on a sec, you do realise you're talking about Tracy Lamar Mcgrady. You know, that guy you hate on even when he does something positive. Did someone hack your account? How dare you say something positive (albeit begrudgingly) about him.

18. matthappy

matthappy Member

on the contrary,I think it is a good decision by rick.T-mac IS still not quite ready to play too much time on the court, still needs more than 5~10 games to get accustomed with the current play system.

from today's play,we can see his moving was not quite fit with the others.though his D is good against DIRK,but his talent in offense was decreased apparently.

I hope T-MAC could rebuilt his confidence gradually in the following games.then when possible ,even coach RA HAS said a starter position would be available.anyway mesh with the current team is not a eay work,just with heart to do it.

19. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

I agree, once he gets more agressive, he can beome a great creator for his teammates.

20. BleedsRocketRed

He sucks right now. Sure he's back from an injury, ya ya but tonight was not the night or team you "work him in".