1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are religions not outlawed?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by stonegate_archer, Nov 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

we've talked about my views on hell here before. i'd be happy to talk about that with you whenever.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Max, don't put us all through hell!

;)

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Describes most Atheist

Rocket Rivers

4. Ashes

Ashes Member

The real pity is how many atheists are douchebags like the religious extremists. Ask me if I'm religious, and I'd just say, "Yes." Ask an atheist and they'd have to deliver their doctoral thesis on the subject and all its injustices.

As long as it makes you feel better.

5. stonegate_archer

stonegate_archer Contributing Member

I mock and laugh at the ideas, someone needs to. This world is too religious.

Religion get too much respect so I am letting my view to be known. Laws get passed every year for anti-blasphemy purpose, even Obama does his part, how disappointing. I am not attacking people personally, just stating the simple truth and pointing out the undue respect that religion gets.

My approach is totally defensive and religion eats into my personal space too much and I have to defend, that is all there is to it. I am not the attacker, if a student has to recite "one nation under God", every single day, then his rights are being violated. That is real venom.

I am sorry you feel offended. But still I want a legal answer, someone who broadcasts lies, intimidating people and take profit in the process, these people and their organization should be outlawed. What is wrong about it?

#125 stonegate_archer, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Such as?

Get the sand out of your panties, dude. Grow a pair and learn to live with people with different beliefs.

1 person likes this.
  7. MadMax

1. thanks for the apology

2. i'm not lying to anyone

8. Mr. Clutch

Only religious people lie and intimidate, let's ban religion and there will be no more lying and intimidating. This is brilliant.

9. stonegate_archer

I have a pair to I use them to let them know these organizations are frauds and criminals.

10. Mr. Clutch

Please name these organizations.

11. stonegate_archer

If you don't have answers don't sidetrack.

12. stonegate_archer

Pat Robertson and his 700 Club or whatever his thing is called. Pope and his thing, Mormon, all of them.............

13. stonegate_archer

You got it so wrong, name one politician that admits he doesn't believe in god. You have it real good................We are suffering injustice, there is no doubt about it.

14. stonegate_archer

Don't you know generalization is a sin?

15. Mr. Clutch

My answer is that this is a free country. Banning beliefs you don't agree with and locking up people who hold those beliefes is not the answer. What, you want this to be Iran?

16. MadMax

all of them?? like every single faith-based organization?

here's an example:

http://www.water.cc/about-lwi/

would your laws ban this group?

17. Mr. Clutch

What crimes have they committed?

18. MadMax

i'm not a fan either...

i am fond of the First Amendment, however.

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

If you have a problem with the Catholic Church or the 700 Club or powerful organized religious groups, that is one thing.

I am quite sure a lot of religious people have problems with them too. But to go out and say that all religion should be banned (or all non-atheists should go kill themselves) is quite an extreme position.

As free and progressive you might think you are, your society would actually have "mindcrime".

I am curious - does your hatred of non-atheists extend to Muslims or the Dalai Lama?

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sidetrack what? Your intolerance? You go on, ad nauseum, about how "religion eats into my personal space too much and I have to defend, that is all there is to it," yet your defense is attacking people for what they believe, that right being something our forefathers (and fathers... my own, in this case) fought for. In other words, you are being what you say offends you so very much. I would call you "the basso of the religious topic," but it might be unfair to basso.

No one is making you do anything regarding religion. It's one of the things I like about our country. Sure, you have a minority that thinks things should be otherwise, but they are minority. Relax and enjoy your freedom, and let those religious enjoy their own.