1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

why are people pricks?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by red, Sep 10, 2003.

1. red

red Contributing Member

sweet. state farm just called, i almost didnt answer because it said unknown, after they contacted the douchebag he fessed up and they are now accepting liability. so now i need to call the body shop and get my car fixed.

2. Friendly Fan

Friendly Fan PinetreeFM60 Exposed

red, your insurance will only pay you if you have appropriate coverages. Your liability coverage will not give you the benefit to which Codell refers. Based upon your statements, I have been assuming you do not have comprehensive and collison coverage.

Of course, if you have those, you get your insurer to pay you the claim, net your deductible. It is then that the insurer becomes SUBROGATED to your position, and stands in your shoes to try to collect the money they have paid out.

Right now, you've got a problem: the other party is denying liability, which means YOUR rates will go up. If the other guy had admitted liability, your rates would not go up. But where both parties deny liability, both parties rates go up.

#22 Friendly Fan, Sep 11, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2003
  3. Friendly Fan

Friendly Fan PinetreeFM60 Exposed

awesome!

now you're cool

congratulations. it's great to hear that a guy steps up and accepts responsibility.

#23 Friendly Fan, Sep 11, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2003
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I've been a prick for a while now. I think I can answer your question.

"Because I can and I don't care what you or your mother think about it!"

P.S. That was a joke!

I see the same crap all the time and I just want to drive along side and pop them in a head. But, then I would become a prick.

I think we are all a prick at one time or another...even if we don't know any better or mean to be.

Surf

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

Most insurance companies will re-adjust rates if the subrogation is successful (depends on the particular insurance company).

Also, when subrogating, your carrier will usually seek reimbursement of your deductible as well as the monies that they paid out.