1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are Cowboy fans making a big deal out of Miles Austin after 2 games?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by djohn2oo8, Oct 31, 2009.

1. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

What is the big deal? He had 2 good games against 2 terrible defenses

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I think if Jacoby Jones had 2 games like Austin had, then we'd be talking about future pro bowl appearances.

Its natural...the guy hasnt just had two good games, he's had 2 incredible ones.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Fantasy guys too. Austin looked great last year actually but he had to wait his turn. Also, Austin has kind of reinvigorated Romo.

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

yeah i think it's that he's looked good before, and now he's actually gotten more touches and produced.

it's not "just 2 games".. i don't think you'd say that if you watched consistently.

and i'm not a cowboys fan at all

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I added him to my fantasy team and so far he has been a big deal -- he's put up numbers you can't ignore.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

As I said, we'll see as the Cowboys head into the tougher part of their schedule.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

is this a trick question? would it be big if it were someone on your team? I guess not. ;)

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Atlanta had the number 1 scoring defense in the NFC coming into that game.

9. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

2 MONSTER games.

and im not a cowboys fan.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

That's because Miles is making short history.

You realize that he might have one of the best two game stretches in the history of the NFL.

250 yards and 171 yards with 4 total touchdowns, 421 yards in 2 contest.

That's almost as many yards as some teams two starting wide receivers.

Also, most of the players who have had consecutive 150+ yard games aren't scrubs, and are most likely to be HOF players and future HOFs.

11. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I live up by Dallas and Miles Austin is fun to watch. Good break away speed and quick moves to make the initial defender miss. He's no Andre Johnson, but could definitely be a pro bowl receiver.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If he did it against good competition, it'd be Miles Austin's never done anything in his career beforehand and its a fluke, they had guys hurt, etc... Gotta leave Typically Misguided Cowboy Fan alone on this one. Miles Austin's gained as many yards in 2 games what Larry Fitzgerald has all season.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6' 3" - 215 lbs - 25 yo -- 21 grabs for 502 yards and 5 TDs in 3 games.

One year contract for about 1.5 million -- dude is going to get paid huge if keeps up even close to this pace.

14. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I traded for him in fantasy traded my third string running back in Addai for him. It kind of sickens me that I have to root for a cowboy. I might have to trade him...

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

From Yahoo's fantasy sports dudes:
    "WR Miles Austin has 16 catches for 421 yards and four touchdowns the past two games. Roy Williams and former Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens have combined for two touchdowns all season."

I'd say that's a good reason "why." :eek: Yeah, he's pretty good. I remember I had him as a third option for bye receivers last year in a team I was managing and he had those flashes during the couple of games I started him. It was pure luck. He didn't shine as much last year.

16. brooksstephens

Two "Good" games??? NO.. those games were epic! 250 yards and 2TDs followed by 150+ and 2 TDs??? are you serious??

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm sure Andre Johnson or any wideout for that matter would like to have those "good" games no matter how good or bad the defenses were.

He runs his route and gets open--two things that Roy Williams needs to learn how to do.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Germane Crowell was a pro bowl receiver.

19. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

No ****. Name me an NFL player that wouldn't want to have a "good game."

By the way, Miles Austin, who has 856 career yards receiving, isn't fit to shine Andre's cleats.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Maybe they're happy because they're getting production out of the WR spot. After giving up 3 draft picks last year(including a 1st rounder) for Roy Williams, Miles has more receptions and TDs(trails Willams only in yardage but is only 7 yards short) than Williams in the last 2 games compared to what Williams has over the last 1 1/2 years in Big D.

RW: 15 rec 428 yards 2 TD(this season and last)
    MA: 16 rec 421 yards 4 TD(last 2 game combined)