1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why All the Titan Hating?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by giddyup, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Member

Well said Colt45. Thats exactly the way things went down. NOBODY in the city of Houston like Bud. He was just a slimy little weasle trying to put more money in his pocketbook ala Boss Hogg from the Dukes of Hazzard. The guy held the city of Houston hostage and we told him to eat ****. Thats fine by me.

This was the guy who cried like a little girl when his boy Jerry Glanville resigned.... :rolleyes:

Bud was a cancer, and Houston is better for letting the Oilers leave - good riddance.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Member

Meanwhile, the Katy Freeway has been under construction for the last 10 years.....

3. Coach AI

Coach AI Member

Why should I care about the Titans? They aren't a Houston team. The Oilers are dead.

4. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Member

I don't have much to add except Screw Bud Adams and his crappy team

5. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Amen. Bud Adams was on the board of the bank my grandmother worked at in the 1960's and they kicked him off the board because he was a jerk.

The 4th happiest sports day of my life, behind the 94,95 Rockets and the 05 Astros, was the Super Bowl where the Rams beat the Titans.

Bud is the reason the Astrodome was ruined as a baseball stadium. He's a greedy weasel who wears his fir pelt on his head. Let him rot in Tennessee. No price was too high to get rid of Bud.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The link points to a paper written by a 7th grader from St. John's School.

7. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

That's sort of refreshing on this board where usually it is the Guardian, Drudge Report or New York Times.

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate

I don't see how any Houstonian can root for the Titans.

I hope beyond all hope they don't get VY.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

He shoots he SCORES!!!!!!!

:D

10. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Member

I LOVE the Titans and continue to support them...mainly because Steve McNair is my favorite NFL player. I like the young nucleus they are building and should be very good next season. Hopefully the Saints will take the sore loser Leinert and the Titans will get McNair #2, V. Young.

11. macalu

macalu Member

Why do i hate the Titans? Well, gee, i don't know. maybe b/c they're NOT HOUSTON AND OUR DIVISION RIVALS?!

12. Moe

Moe Member

Bud Adams is an assclown of the highest degree. He always has been. I supported the Oilers during all their miserable seasons. Then, seemingly like magic, the Oilers morphed into the Bum Phillips/ Earl Campbell era. It was unbelievable that my team, the Oilers, could make me feel so good. After so many years of supporting a pathetic team, the Oilers were on the cusp of going to and possibly winning the Super Bowl.

After being eliminated several times by what i consider maybe the best NFL team of all time, the Steelers- I hated them, Bud fired Bum. I never liked the guy prior to that, but I have despised him ever since. Then, to rub salt into the wound, he hired the stooge Ladd Herzeg as GM. He hired a freaking accountant to be GM!

I hated to see the Oilers move, but it was worth it 100 times over to get rid of Adams. I have supported losing teams before, and I'll sure support the Texans as long as it takes to turn into a winner. The difference between McNair and Adams to me is like the difference between George Washington and Benedict Arnold.

13. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

well there is a lot of blame to go around, the major and bud adams. but i thought it was pretty bad when bud asked for a new stadium after going 2-14 the year before in 1994. especially since he destroyed the best scoreboard EVER in the astrodome to add seats that we rarely filled.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Well, you also like socccer so that explains a lot.

i kid, i kid..... :D

15. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Member

Man, any Houstonian who stayed an Oilers fan after they left (and thus is a Titans fan now) is a complete moron. Anyone who lived through the departure, and who has half a brain, knows that Bud left out of pure greed. Even worse, he left in the middle of a deal he had just negotiated a few years before. Everyone likes to make fun of Terrell Owens complaining about his contract, but is what Bud did any different? I could write for days about this.

But beyond Bud, most people don't remember that Jeff Fisher and many players went to TN to campaign for the stadium financing there - they had pep rallies with the cheerleaders and everything. They were all traitors. Even if Bud dropped dead tomorrow, I could never root for a team run by Fisher.

The only thing you pro-Titan people have right is that it cost us more money to get a new team then it would've cost to keep the Oilers. But you know what? That's money well spent. I'm sure that Bud would've been looking for some other deal at some point. Better to pay retail for a team than to lease from Bud Adams.

16. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

I love it when the Bud bashing threads come around. :D

17. msn

msn Member

Is it possible at all for you to hold an opinion without insulting others?

I'm a Titans fan, dumbass. Kiss my ass.

18. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Member

Ladies and gentlemen, here's the guy who bet me Jeff Bagwell would have at least 90 RBIs at the end of last season. Already demonstrated to be a moron on that basis, he exposes himself further by announcing his loyalty to Bud's Team.

You know, your average total homer would give up after his team actually leaves home. But not you - you're special. You sir, are the king of homers. It's people like you that keep people like Bud Adams in business.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

I don't care if the Titans win a Super Bowl... as long as it happens the day after Bud Adams dies.

20. msn

msn Member

Perhaps I just like football? Perhaps I'm not going to waste my adult years being bitter at some folks who did wrong 10 and 15 years ago?

You average about, oh, 1 post (2 max) before employing insults in a weak attempt to strengthen your poor logic. Sometimes your position is accurate, sometimes it's not. But always your argumentation skills are just above that of assclown.

Dumbass.