1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whose MOST to blame if we fizzle out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Sep 12, 2020.

?

Whose MOST to blame?

1. Its the role players... Morey made sound decisions building the roster - but guys didnt perform...

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Its Harden... dude has no heart and disappears...

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. Its obviously WB... he's in an ideal situation and has the skills - but has just failed...

10 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Its on MDA... small ball sux & he cannot manage/develop a roster for the long haul of a championship

20 vote(s)
    26.7%
  5. Its on Morey... he's filled out the roster with unplayable scrubs that MDA is right not to play them

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. Oh its all Tillman... his constant penny pinching is costing us a championship!

21 vote(s)
    28.0%
  7. Everybody has done as good a job as can be expected... the competition is just too great (GSW pt 2)

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  8. House's fault... He woulda been the difference - idiot!

5 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Gotta blame OKC for not finishing the job earlier.. By now the GARM would be dead and we wouldn't haves these goofy ass threads

2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

This all on Westbrick for demanding to be traded to our beloved franchise......
    Also on The Tilman for getting swindled by okc.

kjayp, YOLO and HP3 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Do you really think we wouldnt be getting goofy threads if we lost to OKC? That would be a gateway for goofy posting.

kjayp and daywalker02 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Luguentz Dort being a 3rd year player would have finished it off.

kjayp likes this.
  5. MettaWorldPete

I like his heart, but it seems like Westbrook isn’t working out, especially compared to cp3. So i would say whoever is responsible for that trade.

To be fair, a lot of people said Westbrook wouldn’t work, but few people say cp3 bouncing back to the extent he did.

kjayp and HP3 like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

No, a lot of people did not say westbrick wouldn’t work. This board was overwhelmingly in favor of westbrick. And those same people tried to crucify those that hated it. Funny how things work around here. Last year it was let’s blame cp3 for everything and be overly dramatic about his play vs a GS dynasty with 0 rockets depth. This year westbrick doesn’t even come close to that level of play and is in every way worse, but the board wants to blame Harden and act like he’s the real problem. How stupid is that. The ever continuing inconsistency in logic around here

Only a few of us kept repeatedly saying over and over since the beginning his fit would be terrible

#26 YOLO, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    kjayp and HP3 like this.
  7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Tillman is the most to blame. Lots of others have had their shortcomings at times, but we can't build a championship team if the man up top is overriding decisions by far, far smarter people within the organization and limiting our options with his penny-pinching.

The fact is, most championship teams/organizations aren't perfect, they just appear to be that way in retrospect after they win the title. Prior to the playoffs last year, Nick Nurse had his question marks, Lowry had his question marks, and many within the Raptors roster/organization had their question marks, but now they appear to be "championship level" players/coaches because of the final result.

I think it's going to take a new owner (ideally), but also some compromise from the guys we have. If we keep MDA, he has to stop being so stubborn when things aren't working, and I'd like to see Harden mature more as a leader and off-ball player. I trust Morey for the most part, I just don't trust that he has the freedom to do his job right now.

8. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

I just wish Harden and Paul would've learned to get along.

9. SORF

SORF Member

I think it is a combination of things.
    MDA limited rotation and refusal to play big men...aka small ball only.

Houses' drama was a distraction...whom's to blame, NBA and House.

Covid-19...Westbrook is a second season's player...he excels after the All-Star game. He was averaging near 30 points before the shut down. He is struggling getting started again, plus I also think catching and rehabbing from covid-19 affected his game.

And finally the NBA...the referring needs to be cleaned up, and the NBA needs to treat and promote all players equally. LeBron, Kawi, and Giannis are not the only players to promote in the NBA and media. Every team has a great player deserving of the same.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I blame the fake twitter WOJ account for the Chris Paul - Harden man boobs beef. There was no coming back after that.

Can you imagine having Paul on this team along with every one of our picks to dangle all season in trades?

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nah, we would win easily if we still had Hartenstein.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

And harden is the reason wb is here. So he takes the fall for that . You get super max to play basketball and had the power to trade paul and picks away for your buddy. If he demands a trade it’s us that gets saddles with this mistake for years. This **** is on him

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Tilman, no question

14. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

IDK Maybe Harden needs to take a step back in regular season and allow our young players to grow. I feel like Rivers and McLemore can improved.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I agree, the only reason I’ll attack harden here is he played a role in getting WB. For that reason illl say he screwed us

16. MettaWorldPete

In terms of ongoing debates among frequent posters that may he true, but in the poll at the time of the trade, a slim majority disliked it.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.ph...-westbrook-on-this-team.300147/#post-12514963

I know you and others were crucified though, which is shitty.

17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

E.X.C.U.S.E.S.

18. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

D’Antoni.

He didn’t want to play with a rcenter, even though he had one of the best young centers in the NBA.
    He refused to play Hartenstein after he showed promise in a couple games.
    He was Hell-Bent on playing small ball.
    No matter what.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Harden has more points than all the other starters combined right now but he will still get most of the blame

20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Blame Westbrook for his massive ego and not even trying to be a smarter player, blame Harden for not trying harder to make it work with CP3. CP3 was the perfect compliment to him and this team. I am a big Harden fan, but he needs someone who can make decisions and not afraid to take a shot down the stretch to help him out, CP was that guy. Harden gets a lot of hate for not being able to single handedly take over the game, the truth is there are maybe 2 guys in the entire league that can do that consistently, and one of them is the GOAT that we are currently playing against. The rest of the guys that have MVPs and rings (curry, dirk, etc) never really had to do it all for their team on both ends, they had help.