1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whose land is it?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by right1, Nov 13, 2002.

1. right1

right1 Member

If King Solomon of Israel in 965 B.C. , son of King David, was a black man and had a son with Queen Sheba of Ethiopia, who was a black woman, how come white European descendants of the early Roman invasion of Jerusalem and Arab descendants of the Muslim conquerors of Jerusalem in the year 638 A.D. are both claiming that it's their land?

Whose land is it? The Europeans or the Arabs? Both? Or neither?

2. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Maybe we should give it to the black Jewish Ethiopians. That's two out of three...

3. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

There's more than that...but they don't get much respect.

4. Cohen

If you're referring to Jews, you're mistaken. The Jews were forcibly removed from Israel by the Romans.

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

"As the king grew old, his hold on Israel weakened. Rebellions erupted on the border provinces. The Bible gives us the reasons for the king's downfall. He loved many strange women and he allowed them to continue their own forms of worship, defiling the Holy City with their foreign rituals and gods. And the aging Solomon not only tolerated this paganism but also indulged in it himself.

Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. Many of the exotic women were in fact living treaties. He maintained alliances by taking wives from the family of every potentate willing to sign a treaty. He even kept Egypt out of Israel by marrying an Egyptian princess, a daughter of a pharaoh."

http://www.intournet.co.il/holyland/vol4-1-1.html

Who's Land?- http://www.torahbytes.org/sechel/who's_land.htm

#5 BobFinn*, Nov 13, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2002
  6. right1

right1 Member

7. right1

right1 Member

Yes, it's true.

8. Cohen

I don't get your point. HayesStreet wasn't kidding, there are black Jews, if you weren't aware.

9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ha, the ethiopians should get Russia or the UN to help them get "their" land back. (I had no idea soloman was african, I thought he was just arab)

10. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

The sooners would take it.

11. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran.

Now if that is fact, it would be most interesting to know why Palestinians even care about Jerusalem. I always thought that Riyah (sp?) and Mecca in Saudi Arabia were their most holy cities anyway.

12. right1

right1 Member

Yes, the Falashas. My point?

In 953 B.C. when he built the famous Temple, Solomon was black. In 1000 B.C. when his father King David founded the City of David, he was black. In 1250 B.C. when Moses led the Exodus out of Egypt, he was black. Solomon and Sheba had a son KING Menelik who was black. When Egypt invaded Jerusalem in 926 B.C. the Jews were still black. In 701 B.C., when hundreds of thousands of Jews abandoned Jerusalem and were exiled after the Assyrian seige conquered the city, they were still black.

In 587 B.C. when Nebachadnezzar and the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem and stole from Solomon's Temple, the Ark of the Covenant- The 10 Commandments received by Moses wasn't there, neither were the vast majority of Jews who were exiled 114 years earlier.

In 538 B.C. the Persians overthrew the Babylonians. King Cyrus allows the exiled Jews to return.

In 332 B.C. Alexander The Great captures Jerusalem.
    In 301 B.C. Jerusalem was ruled by the Ptolemies of Egypt

201 B.C. Greek-Syrian Seleucids capture Jerusalem. Hellenistic Rule. And in 169 B.C. AntoChius Epiphanos forbids Judaism.

After a Jewish revolt in 167 B.C. Somon Macabbee recovers Jerusalem in 141 B.C.

134 B.C. The King of Syria seiges the city.

And finally in 70-63 B.C., shortly before the coming of The Christ, Jerusalem is captured by the Roman Army. 37 B.C. Palestine is a vassal Kingdom of Rome and ruled by King Herod.

JESUS CHRIST is crucified.

66 A.D. Titus leads a revolt against the Romans.

117-138 A.D. Jerusalem is a Roman colony. Hadrian expels the Jews and makes it the "neia capitolina"

323 A.D. Emperor Constantine moves capital from Rome to Byzanz. Christianity becomes the official religion. Christian rule begins in Jerusalem.

In 614 A.D. the Persians conquer Jerusalem.
    In 628 A.D. Rome reconquers the city under Emperor Heroclius.

In 638 A.D. Omar conquers the city. Islam is the new faith and Jerusalem is under Muslim rule. The Jews are allowed to return.

Muslims rule until 1072 A.D.

Turks rule for twenty years.

Christian Crusaders 1099-1187. Jerusalem is capital of the Latin Kingdom.

Arabs 1187-1517. Jews permitted to remain and settle.

1243 Mongols invade Jerusalem

1517 Ottoman Empire
    1831 Egyptian rule

You get the picture.

#12 right1, Nov 14, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2002
  13. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Yeah, but what was your point?

14. right1

right1 Member

My point?

Whose land is it?

15. Cohen

Originally posted by HayesStreet
    Yeah, but what was your point?

I still don't know either. :confused:

16. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I don't know.

Third base.

17. FlyWilliams

FlyWilliams Contributing Member

He's asking a question, not making point. The question is "What group should rightfully possess the land in and around Jersualem. Jews, Muslims, European descendants of the Roman conquerors, Ottomans, Turks, etc?" I don't know why the subject of black Jews flared up.

The question can be answered one way. It "belongs" to the people that conquer it and occupy it. There is no "rightful" owner of any land and never has been.

It doesn't really matter who the ancestral occupants of the territories are, because one could argue that an extinguished tribe of Bedouins occupied the land before the city was established. It's not a very strong case if they don't exist, or can't defend it anyway.

I liked the condensed history, though.

18. Cohen

Maybe because he mentioned it 6 times in his last post.

19. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

This land is your land, this land is my land. From Jerusalem, to the Gaza strip.

This land was made for you and me.

#20 DallasThomas, Nov 14, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2002