1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whose interest does Trump serve?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by arno_ed, Jul 31, 2017.

?

Whose interest does Trump mainly and willingly serve?

1. America

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Russia (Putin)

3.2%
  3. Himself / His Family

96.8%
  4. Large financial donors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I want to see what peoples opinion are on whose interest Trump serves. I hear some people saying he does what is best for the country. I also hear people claiming he is sort of an agent for Russia and does what Putin wants. Personally I think he only cares about himself and only serves his own interest. Helping anyone else is a sideeffect. So I hear many different ideas But I am wondering what the ratio is of these option.

I am asking which interest does he mainly and willingly serve, So if you think that he focusses on himself but he helps Russia in the process than you should vote for “himself”.

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Haha. It is sad that this is not a even a topic for discussions.

The us really is the laughing stock of the civilized world.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Himself, bigly.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol this even a question

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

is this a real poll?

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think it's probably too complicated for a poll. I think he is very egocentric, so there's plenty of things he does to serve himself. I also think he does things that he think are best for the country, though it doesn't often look that way because of his very egocentric way of deciding what is best for the country.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think that's why OP used the word "mainly".

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think regarding any poll questioning Trump and serving... the best answer is "Trump serving time. Hard time. At the Fort Leavenworth Hotel. Which I don't believe is one of Trump's, so he probably doesn't get a cut.

[​IMG]

9. conquistador#11

undoing obama's doings. should be one of the options.
    Let me take you back to that beautiful night in November when every single state was red like the warm fresh blood oozing from the torn flesh of those obstructionist union soldiers in gettysburg. Trememndous. And we marched on to Pennsylvania like the great robert lee. What a gentlemen. great guy.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's a reasonable poll, arno_ed. You'll notice that the overwhelming vote is for the same position that you hold, that trump's main agenda is looking after his own interests and that of his family (in that order, in my opinion). I certainly believe, as do 17 different US intelligence agencies, including the FBI, that there was active interference by Putin and his intelligence services (and fellow Russian oligarchs under Putin's thumb) in what I have increasingly come to consider a successful attempt to steal the election. I used to be uncertain if trump even knew it was going on, but now, by his own actions, the man has convinced me that not only did he know, he is now actively trying to cover it all up. Acts of treason, in my opinion.

Our two countries long being close allies (not that the typical American is aware of that fact), I wonder what the mood of the people in the Netherlands is towards trump, and how the man (elected by a minority of the voters due to our outdated presidential voting system, and supported today by far fewer) is perceived as influencing US foreign policy, in your country, Europe and elsewhere. My own opinion is that trump has been an unmitigated foreign policy disaster.

While we were able to spend a little less than a week in A'dam last summer (wish we could have managed to see you, but mainly busy visiting with my partner's aunts, uncles and cousins), it was prior to the election. I didn't have enough time to get a sense of how the Dutch felt. The relatives we visited thought trump was outrageous, hoped he wouldn't win and didn't expect it. Small sample, though, and overwhelmingly progressive. Typically Dutch, in my opinion. They assumed that Ms. Clinton would win. So did most Americans, according to the polls.

Sadly, many of those same Americans chose not to vote, believing the narrative actively pushed by Russian interference in the process, and GOP propaganda, that Hillary was a fingernail short of being the Devil Incarnate, and believing that Ms. Clinton would win regardless. So they stayed at home, or "threw away" their vote on the Green Party and the like, who had no chance to win. Some even voted for trump, assuming that he would turn into a normal human being if he actually won, and simply had to be better that Hillary.

That last group is astonished by what they helped put into the White House (some even admit it - many do not, being too ashamed at allowing themselves to be duped), and like I predicted long ago and used in an attempt to get folks to vote for the Democratic ticket, the one accomplishment trump has in 7 months is getting a 49 year old far-right Justice on the Supreme Court. A lifetime appointment. A very young Scalia. A disaster for social justice and modern America.

These are frightening times for America, my friend, and very worrying times for her friends and allies. I'm very afraid that trump will turn to that old tactic of wannabe oligarchs and dictators in an effort to improve the public's opinion of them, to stay in power. Starting a war. I'm more than a little concerned about that possibility. How I hope I am wrong.

11. Buck Turgidson

The whims of his mental illness?