1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whose been better this year? Green or Dame?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Nov 1, 2021.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

If a trade was proposed now who says no?

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Who says no? Either the massive difference in age or salary.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

trading for Dame would be the most pointless thing ever

this roster is several magnitudes worse than the Blazers, and the Blazers aren’t even good

no one is dying to go and play with Dame in Portland, and they damn sure won’t be forcing a trade or coming in free agency to play with Dame and scrubs in Houston

Dame wouldn’t even make the playoffs here…just a complete waste of time in every facet

tycoonchip, napalm06, ak99999 and 9 others like this.
  4. Sengun

Sengun Member

To say what I'm thinking, it looks like a Simmons - Lillard trade will happen somewhere mid-season and I don't think it has anything to do with the Rockets.

5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Wooah you are talking about 1 of the 75 greaaatest players of all time here.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

No damn way Portland is trading Dame for Draymond Green.

Nook, hakeem94, charlieaustin and 5 others like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would say no, we took Green, let’s see how he develops.

DD

fattz, Emtenndo, DeBeards and 3 others like this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I didn't know Dame was struggling this hard this year. Maybe they will go for a Simmons trade

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Who's*

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you traded for Dame (and assuming you are still keeping one of Gordon or Wall to play with him to be competent), I still don't think-

-Dame, KPJ
    -Gordon
    -Tate
    -Wood
    -Theis, Sengun

is a rotation that is even a playoff team. Dame wouldn't want to be here on this roster, and would just pull a Ben Simmons within 3 months. Would be a stupid trade to say the least.

These type of win now moves need to be targeted around the 2023 Summer when the Rockets enter free agency with some real potential to sign a superstar. The gameplan (I think) is to sign a superstar in 2023, and sign or sign and trade for another all-star level player..... BUT the kicker here is that there needs to be SOMETHING happening with this young core that gives enough excitement for a star level player to want to sign here.

So the Rockets need to hit big time with either Jalen Green, or the 2022 lottery pick. Going 1 for 2 with the lottery is a stretch to say the least, but it's the only way the Summer of 2023 can do what Stone is hoping it can to lift this team back into contention.

Dame could be a good 2023 target to trade for alongside another free agent, and alongside some form of a young talented player the Rockets found between now and May of 2023.

Needless to say, if Jalen Green is a bust.... which lets be honest... could happen... it puts all the pressure in the world on our 2022 lottery pick. If we don't hit then we will probably be settled into the rebuild for more like 5 to 10 years.... not just a two year reload.

kingjosh, hakeem94, IvanLCPM and 3 others like this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Everyone

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

yes please. we need some fireworks

13. xaos

xaos Member

Depends what time it is

14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Not good enough for Silas' system. Durant, Doncic, Curry or LeBron or gtfoh. Only all time HOF can make this offense work, that's how good it is!

Jontro likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sure why not?

Let's collect as many players making over $38 million per year
    that refuse to play for the Rockets.

Tilman has a nice charity thing going on. Maybe gets a tax break because of it?

16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

No, we ain’t getting dame and we’re in a rebuild. We don’t have the pieces for a championship run.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd say no even if Wall was thrown in as cap sweetener.

Lotto picks are precious and take more than a couple years to resolve in value.

Some people can't understand the rebuild process. The ship has been burnt. There's no way other than to move forward

Dobbizzle likes this.
  18. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I don’t know why Dame is in a such bad slump right now. But he’s much better than this. One would think he will bounce back sooner or later.

19. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

1 year in and people are calling our number 2 pick gerald green and looking to trade him for a 31 year old damian lillard. I knew this moron fanbase had no clue what an actual rebuild looks like. The truth is that it is going to be ugly and unwatchable. Its why bad teams generally play in front of empty crowds

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

tanking really leads nowhere...just play hard and work hard, harder then anyone...if you dont do that then no matter who you draft and who you trade for will be for naught...look at minny a lot of top picks that werent even the busts..still they will never win it all....

DeBeards likes this.