1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's Your Pick for the Heisman?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Nov 29, 2007.

?

Who Should Get the 2007 Heisman Award?

1. Tim Tebow

36 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. Matt Ryan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Chase Daniel

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Colt Brennan

13 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Pat White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Dennis Dixon

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Darren McFadden

39 vote(s)
    38.6%
  8. Todd Reesing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Michael Crabtree

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  10. Other (Please Specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Many people are saying Tim Tebow has wrapped up the award. I was wanting to get a ClutchFans perspective on the subject. Here is a poll.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'd go with Tebow...but I dont think he'll get it.

3. TracyMcCrazyeye

Other: Karl Kold.

4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

5. tulexan

tulexan Member

Tebow should get it, but I think McFadden will.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Chase Daniel or D-Mac. Tebow close behind.

7. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Anybody but Tebow.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I voted Dixon who is clearly the most important player in CFB. In injury he has proven how vital he was to Oregon. Its a no brainer IMO. But the tradionalists will give it to an uperclassmen on a good team who played in all the games. The same traditionalists that will have USC ranked #1 next season, the ones that will keep an undefeated Auburn team out of the NC game, the same guys that wouldn't let Mike Williams play his senior year...

9. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Michael Crabtree.

Look at those #s

10. YAMAS

YAMAS Contributing Member

Tebow should win the Heisman. He has been the best player in College Football from start to finish. If he wasn't a Sophmore this would not even be a discussion.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Look at that system.

If you're gonna say look at the numbers than Colt Brennan wins the Heisman last year easily with 58 touchdown passes.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If he wins this weekend, should be Chase without question. Don't think it will be, but it should. A quarterback with those kinds of numbers and skills taking Missouri to #1 and the brink of a national title... ridiculous.

The Tebow and McFadden love is a little irritating. For years, the best overall players (Fitzgerald, VY, Grossman, etc.) have lost out to the logic of quarterbacks/running backs that lead their team to wins and a No. 1 ranking in addition to posting quality numbers. I'm not saying that's necessarily how it should be, but that's how it's been.

Sucks that the "winner" mentality among voters and fans only applies if the quarterback plays for a top-shelf program in terms of prestige.

#12 The Cat, Nov 29, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I hate Florida more than I do Tennessee, Oklahoma, Penn State, and Alabama combined. Probably only Ohio State and Notre Dame are 2 schools that I despise more than the Gators.

Yet, I can't see anyone other than Tebow winning the Heisman. Personally, I would love to see McFadden or Daniel or hell anyone OTHER than Tebow win it, but I don't think it is going to happen. :(

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Well Tebow, McFadden, Daniel, and Brennan are the finalists. We'll see who wins tonight. MCFADDEN FOR THE HEISMAN!!!

15. SirCharlesFan

tebow is gonna win by a larger than expected margin.

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

while i somewhat think he'll win by a larger than expected margin also, it's kinda weird how much of a anybody but tebow sentiment there seems to be (i guess b/c that's how i feel and i'm usually going against the tide). he actually didn't win the walter camp award (which has matched up with the heisman 21 of the last 25 times while the maxwell hasn't won the heisman 7 straight), he barely won the espn fan poll (35.0% to 34.3%) and now he's losing here. while i feel like i'm being disingenuous by not voting for him and just doing it b/c i don't like him, i do kinda think mcfadden really is the best player. he was considered the best coming into the season and it would be hard to say he hasn't lived up to the hype.

what's really amazing is how many unwritten rules tebow winning will break. usually you have to be on a top team, while florida has 3 losses. i think they sad only a few heisman's ever have come from teams with more than 2 losses. you usually can't be a system guy. now since he plays at a big school and the system splits the ridiculous TD numbers b/t passing and rushing instead of just all passing like hawaii, it doesn't hurt him as much. and the most importantly, the no underclassmen rule. no sophomore or freshman has ever won it. and the first one to win it is going to be a system guy for a 3 loss team? what a weird freakin' year. here's hoping for a miracle and a mcfadden win, but i don't see it. maybe the voters are more entrenched when it comes to all the unwritten rules than i think.

17. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Captain SouthLake

18. YAMAS

YAMAS Contributing Member

The best player this season was Tim Tebow. He should and will probably win the Heisman. I have not heard an arguement against him that would sway me.

McFadden is great. Had a few off games. Tebow did not.

Brannan did not play anybody. Great passer that put up big numbers against the WAC. Tebow put up similar numbers in the SEC and is one tough S.O.B.

19. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

I want Colt Brennan to win. Tebow is overrated. McFadden is legit.

20. SirCharlesFan

tebow will win because he is a cracker that white people love to root for. he's a goofy looking guy that will try to hype the crowd up with his random bs, but in the end he wears jorts and birkenstock sandals, that's a big part of why he will win the heisman.