1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's worse...LOF's or Harden Nutsack huggers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sushimaster, Mar 22, 2021.

?

Who gets on your nerves more?

1. Linsanity fans

70 vote(s)
    67.3%
  2. Harden Nutsack huggers

34 vote(s)
    32.7%
  1. HardenVolumeOne

a notorious poster who is an og around these parts and is vehemently against a fan only following a player. I wonder who matches that description.

D-rock, MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It goes both ways. Teams will cut, waive, or trade players at the drop of a hat without even letting them know or worse yet, after telling them straight to their face that they wouldn't and barely give them enough time to pack their bags. I personally disliked how Harden ended things, but I totally get the desire to divorce himself from one of the worst owners the league has ever seen. Tilman didn't just drive off Harden, he drove off Morey and MDA as well. He also totally threw Morey under the bus during that entire HK episode.

I saw a few people mention Hakeem, but yall probably not old enough to remember when Hakeem threw the coach, front office, and ownership under the bus and faked an injury to try and force a trade.

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

C ) Your mom hopped up on crack working her corner on a Saturday night OP

What a dumb thread

D-rock likes this.
  4. vator

vator Contributing Member

[​IMG]

MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Not sure who you are talking about?

6. vince

vince Member

But Tilman saved money he didn’t have... I’m so proud a Houston guy like Tilman owns the Houston Rickets over a Yankee like Les Alexander... Tilman knows exactly what Houston fans deserve...

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

maybe it is you

D-rock and MettaWorldPete like this.
  8. HardenVolumeOne

tinman

D-rock likes this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What in the holy ****?

Do we have to send these people to a Rockets 101 course? Harden is the 2nd best player in franchise history.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: there are too many COMPANY fans here, and not enough fans of the game and the players. In truth, this group is acting out because someone early in their personal life left them, and they behave like this any time the idea of being left comes up again. Leave it at home boys, this is basketball, it's not personal.

D-rock, HP3, MettaWorldPete and 2 others like this.
  10. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm fairly new to clutchfans (comparatively), I was a lurker without an account during the Jeremy Lin days and have only been reading it religiously for a couple years. So I missed most of LOF stuff.

That being said this thread is kind of eye opening for me in how many different posters on here force everyone into these different categories. And yall have such a strong animosity towards people that you've put in these groups. So many people view this board as a bunch of different factions that are all at war with each other. It makes me wonder what category people have put me into.

In any event, I don't really know what to vote for because I like posters in all these categories and dislike some posters in each of the categories. I don't really have a blanket hatred for any of these cliques. Is it weird that I like J.R. and Reeko?

jiggyfly, Reeko, Mathloom and 3 others like this.
  11. maw7079_2000

maw7079_2000 Member

This is stupid... Harden is a great player and did the right thing. Sometimes I’m ashamed to be a Houston fan... some of y’all are ridiculously closed minded. That’s why the Texans are so bad and gotten away with what they have. The fans are just as dumb as the front office.

D-rock and Pandaemonaeon like this.
  12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

too many people on this board complained about our team over the years with harden (and morey), despite very high levels of success. complained that morey did this or didn't do that, that he was a math nerd whose methods were stupid and not based on good basketball. complained that d'antoni couldn't make adjustments against significantly more talented teams. complained that harden couldn't beat hall of famers because he wouldn't run around off ball or wouldn't take 1 mid-ranger a game. despite overwhelming evidence that our methods were good, based on us basically being the most successful team that didn't a) have lebron james or b) wasn't a once in a generation warriors dynasty that we still might have beaten if they didn't also sign durant and that we STILL might have beaten without the chris paul injury, a sizable chunk of the people on here acted like they had been forced to watch the kings or solves for the last 8 (harden) or 13 (morey) years. if it had just been one or two people, that would be fine, but it wasn't. i mean they would even complain about things from the 65 win season. i very much wanted this season to be a disaster for those folks. i hope they didn't want to tank and have hated this season. not in my wildest dreams did i think a 20 game losing streak could make the point so dramatically (to the point that i think the point doesn't need to be made with further losing seasons). the fact that i wanted us to lose anyway to keep our pick was just a nice synergy with the previous motivation for a bad season.

Deckard, D-rock, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Remember Hakeem put Houston Rockets on the map. He helped the Rockets sell out games night in and night out. Hakeem thought he deserved more, but the Rockets likely wanted him to retire instead of paying him. Money made Hakeem look bad at the end.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We actually offered him almost as much money as Toronto, but we were transitioning to Steve Francis as a franchise at that time and wanted to basically parade him into retirement like a show pony. Hakeem thought he still had it in him and turned down our offer so we traded him to the Raptors who were willing to give him minutes. At this point in his career, he was old and averaged mediocre stats throughout the season before retiring due to injury. It was pretty sad and honestly, if Jerry Buss was our GM instead, we would have just dumped $20M on him and let him play however he wanted to close out his career.

EDIT
    I was the one with inaccurate recollections. We offered him less money, but still a decent amount.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Good question, but LOFs are worse, much worse.

Harden at least had great talent and earned having a certain faction of fans.

D-rock likes this.
  16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

iso only fan

HP3 and harold bingo like this.
  17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm not mad at LOFs because most are probably Asian.

There's nothing wrong with cheering for your own kind especially when it's an anomaly. Most people do it.

Asians aren't typically great NBA players.

Larry Bird was prob mostly liked by white folks.

Black QBs are mostly liked by blacks.

So, everything is everything and even more so when people are honest.

There shouldn't be any real disdain for LOFs.

DCkid likes this.
  18. MettaWorldPete

Bizarre thread, stop putting people into these categories. How to act like a three-year-old while simultaneously making the quality of discussions here worse. Leave this stuff to the Skip Baylesses of the world.

YOLO, Reeko, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You don't need to have a Harden thread to see Harden's name in almost every thread in the GARM and in the Dish. That's the annoying thing about Harden fans. Whenever you talk about how good a player is, there will inevitably be a post that says, "Harden is better."

sushimaster likes this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Lol Tinman
    so sushi master is tinman? Lol

D-rock and HP3 like this.