1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's the most overrated Houston Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kwame, Sep 3, 2008.

?

Who's the most overrated Houston Rocket?

1. Tracy McGrady

68 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Yao Ming

64 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Rafer Alston

21 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Shane Battier

64 vote(s)
    11.3%
  5. Ron Artest

11 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Steve Francis

139 vote(s)
    24.5%
  7. Aaron Brooks

64 vote(s)
    11.3%
  8. Carl Landry

69 vote(s)
    12.2%
  9. Chuck Hayes

36 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Other (Please Specify)

31 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. MacFu

MacFu Member

I have no idea why this fool has not been banned yet. What? Did you just try to compare Luther Head to Tmac? Are you r****ded? You fool have been posting meaningless posts here with no substance at all. And You also have to fill your incoherent rants with horrible English grammar and silly spelling mistakes here, there and everywhere. I guess you think it's funny to write like an idiot who can't even think straight. You are a moron.

2. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Yao Ming, for the fact that People actually put him in the same class as Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon... He's closer to Rik Smits

3. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

the most overrated player = show hate for least favored rocket

4. LoveRoxHateJazz

:eek: Do you really believe McGrady's talent is closer to Lamar Odom than it is to Kobe's?

I usually don't mind your posts, but you truly don't believe that.

5. joesr

joesr Member

For your first part, ofcourse it would be Tmac. He is the scoring leader but I precisely mentioned that. Doing all that gets you on a hot streak but your team remains cold and at the 4th Tmac complains his team isn't shooting enough or not making open baskets well duh. T was the main one shooting.

Sorry but no team leader is gonna say "it's on me". I saw that more of an attn grabber. a team player would have included all his guys on a statement. It would have been WE.

If you think for a second that its Tmac in the locker rooms trying to hype everyone up then your wrong bud. Its been widely known it Battier. If you think its T running the defense your widely wrong. Watch any game last year and your can see Rafer always reading the coach and dispatching it on the court. The offense running a bit more hard to call since T is always holding the ball but he is the current superstar of the team mostly only passing off when doubled. (nothing wrong with that, everyone else besides Scola is uncomfortable with the ball) But being the scoring leader doesnt make him the floor leader.

Just because its Rafer is the leader doesn't mean he is doing the best job at it. I feel its Rafer on the court and Battier in the locker room. And until Yao can grab his sack and say listen to me guys, this is how we will do then it will continue to be like that (so yes I do agree on the Yao part) only problem with that is Yao isn't verbal enough....

Oh and if I was selfish enough to say it was all on me and lose I would cry to.

6. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I like how somehow its Tmacs fault that the roleplayers can't make open shots. If he wasn't getting them open shots, you would have a point, but he was, and they wern't making them.

7. redao

redao Member

that's all? just you feel Rafer is the leader? Any facts, quotes to support the feel?

The game is won by scores and players' play, not by talks and cheers.
    Basketball leader >>>> floor leader+locker room leader+cheer leader+seat leader

conclusion:

Rafer is a floor leader== Juwan is a locker room leader ==Deke is a cheer leader on the bench= almost nothing to the team.

8. joesr

joesr Member

IDK, I like how Kobe doesn't start scoring until near the end. He tries to get his team warm at the beginning since he knows he can score whenever.

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

You failed to address redao's point about the "illegal baby." Lol.

10. joesr

joesr Member

Dude where have you been when replying to me, half arse reading?

I've been putting in conclusions since we started, why don't you back track the 3 previous statements.

This has only been about who the floor leader is, not who the scorer is, not who is better and who is worse. The leader is simply who carries out the plans, who directs the floors and changes course when needed or told to. Someone who can keep morales up even when losing. Someone who can get someone hot when cold.

11. redao

redao Member

It sounds more like Rick Adelman's job.

Tell me when had Rafer done any of these?

12. redao

redao Member

Addressed to joesr:

Please explain to me how Rafer is a leader?

I don't want to hear because he can fight on the court or he stabbed someone on the street. I want to know what is it that he does and how he does it that gives him this great leadership.

Tell me what you see that I don't on how he pushes his team forward. What is it that he does to keep them hyped up or how he directs the floor.

exactly.

13. joesr

joesr Member

lol, Rick tells Rafer what to do. You do realize coaches cant be on the court. You do know what going on when RA is giving hand signs to Rafer and Rafer is always looking back at him at the new start of offense or defense.

14. redao

redao Member

So looking back at the coach means leading a team?

and the hand signals might just be
    RA waving arms: "Rafer, you should go back to the defense"
    RA covering his eyes: "Rafer, please don't shoot"
    RA putting his middle finger on the forehead: "wtf? stop looking at me, ask TMAC"

so the floor leading process is :

RA tells Rafer his plan. Rafer will tell TMAC RA's plan. TMAC will control the ball and execute the plan.

Rafer is a messenger.

15. joesr

joesr Member

I see more of Rafer going to teammates telling them what to improve during free throws and time inbetween. You dont ever see T on the defense telling them to go zone to 2-3 or vice versa. Its Rafer calling plays that Ra has designed. Its easily Shane and Rafer the voices of the squad but T and Yao the scorers/go to guys of the team.

Everyone knows that T or Yao will lead a game in scores and Rafer wont even come close. And no one is saying that Rafer excels at being the director.

16. YaoMingsSoldier

lol dont overexxagerate. Yu'll make them seem overrated.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Logically, if a player is truely overrated by fans, the fans wouldn't realize he is overrated. If they do, they'd correct their rating and the guy would be correctly rated.

If a lot of fans think a player is overrated, then he's only overrated by a smaller portion of the fan base, meaning that, overall, he's not all that overrated.

Get it?

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Got it. Artest is overrated.

19. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

171 WIN to 69 losses when there both playing together. thats is a awesom win loss ratio.

20. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

I thought a couple of them were over rated, Steve and Carl to start, but I think any fans of a team probably overrate their players.