1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's the most overrated Houston Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kwame, Sep 3, 2008.

?

Who's the most overrated Houston Rocket?

1. Tracy McGrady

68 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Yao Ming

64 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Rafer Alston

21 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Shane Battier

64 vote(s)
    11.3%
  5. Ron Artest

11 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Steve Francis

139 vote(s)
    24.5%
  7. Aaron Brooks

64 vote(s)
    11.3%
  8. Carl Landry

69 vote(s)
    12.2%
  9. Chuck Hayes

36 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Other (Please Specify)

31 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Brent Barry imo

everyone is acting like he'll be a great 6th man when we will be lucky if he makes a good 8th man

2. LoveRoxHateJazz

I agree, he sucked ass against the Jazz.

He is still durable, and our only insurance incase T-Mac goes down during the regular season. Barry, Francis, and McGrady are getting older and are all prone to injuries. Head is what he is, 3rd string.

I still can't believe people bashed McGrady during the playoffs last season.

3. joesr

joesr Member

I think a lot of these players are over rated and under rated at the same time. In manners or offense, defense, what they bring for their teammates and more.

Shane Battier over rated though? Who the heck expects him to be a scorer???? We expect him to be a glue type defender. Nothing more unless we really just underpaid him expecting him to be a third scorer. He brings what we expected of him and a little more with his corner 3 pointers.

Yao Ming? My favorite player overall but I would be blind to say that he isn't over rated. He should be getting more blocks, rebounds and a lot of his points should be consist of more dunks (not saying more points but those points should be half dunks!). At his weight and strength he should be backing down ANY center. He might not have hops at all but he should be dunking on almost any center. (is it me or did Landry bring back dunking to the Toyato Center?).

TMac? Definitely over rated. He isn't the young mac anymore guys but yet you treat him as if he was still one. His age and his injury prone is starting to catch up. Don't get me wrong, he is still a good player by far but he isn't consistent. If your gonna be a star in one game do it in the next. And don't get me started on his lazy defense I witnessed almost every night last year.

Rafer Alston. LoL. You guys who keep bringing up his 3 point percantage.... STFU. You don't do research do you? Chris Paul has a lower percant. Derek Fisher and Chauncey Billups is only shooting 4 percent better. Deron Williams is shooting 2 percent better. Mike Bibby is only shooting a percent better. these are players that are definitely above Rafers payroll but yet you're hating on him for his 3 pointers? Errrr, wrong reason. He isn't underrated nor overrated in the 3's section but he does need to work on his assist, especially to the low post. He is most definitely underrated when it comes to him organizing the team on the court.

There is more but I am done.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't even have to VOTE to know how this one turns out.
    Let me add the preverbial :rolleyes: now

Rocket River
    . . . . .

5. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

They're difficulty in staying healthy have made them easy targets. I hope this season they will be able to play together into the playoffs relatively healthy. Although they may not win it, I think both of them will be in the discussion for MVP this season.

I voted Steve Francis although I don't know if it is just the perception that there are a number of people that actually think he can he can return as Steve Franchise that makes me think this way. The perception may be wrong.

#45 rocketsregle, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Overrated by the Media: Nobody (every time the Rockets show up in the media, they are being criticized, overlooked, dismissed, or not mentioned at all).

Overrated by the Fans: Steve Francis (he's past his prime, yall).

HM: Joey Dorsey - alot of posters compare him to Ben Wallace, but Ben was probably one of the greatest defensive players in the league in the last 10 years. Other posters even had Dorsey breaking into the lineup over our other (traded) draft pick (Donte Greene) who was at one time going as high as 11th in the draft and probably a star in college, if he played another year.

Underrated by the Media: The entire Houston Rockets team

Underrated by the Board: ....I can't believe I am saying this ........

Waf...Waf....rafer...Al...alt....alston.

He's not a great point guard, but he is a good passer, can handle the ball, decent on defense, and sometimes be a good scoring option.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

What is this based on? Right now or their whole careers? Its hard for me to say. I love all my Rockets. But before the Artest trade, some fans had Shane as the most untradeable player. They'd trade T-Mac in a flash, but when it came down to Shane, it was crazy to even think of trading him.

8. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

The guy named Kwame in the clutchfans is overrated.

9. redao

redao Member

lol.

facts:
    1:It was Rafer lovers who used Rafer 's shooting percentage to defend him.
    2: 4% makes huge difference, thanks for your research.
    3: those other PGs can do much more than shooting the 3s while Rafer's game is limited to shooting 3s.

organizing the team or being a leader? lol, that's overrating right here.

10. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Steve Franchise for sure!! Not even close...

Many of the fans here still expect (hope, pray?) that he will return to his old form, the Franchise of old, making it a Big 4 (which means he is on the par with Tmac, Yao, and Artest).

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Good thread Kwame.

Seriously ironic 'Kwame' starting an Overrated Rocket thread.

Anyway, I voted Francis, after briefly considering voting McGrady.

But then I realised, the larger community doesn't really rate Tmac - not like they once did.

Stevie had all the talent in the world but the "Franchise" nickname was always going to be tough to live up to.

12. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

WOW. I am the only one to vote Artest? Wait til you see how ugly his offensive game is. Just wait...

14. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

It may be a bit ugly, but it's also effective.

How can you say he's overrated when he is clearly one of the best defenders in the league (can defend almost all 5 positions!) and still finds time to put up 20ppg at a fairly efficient clip.

I don't give a crap how the ball goes in the basket, as long as it's 2 (or 3) points.

15. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Kwame I know your a horrible bust, and you went from number one overall to trash. But there is no need to try to make yourself feel better by trying to trash other team's players. This is Clutchfans.net son. Go back to your sorry detroit forum. ;)

16. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

carl landry.

that is all.

17. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

You must not have ever seen Shane Battier play offense.

18. Landlord Landry

Landry will kick your door in, go to your fridge, drink your milkshake, sit back on your couch and watch whatever is his pleasure, then ask you for a coaster...... with a stunning, toothless smile.

How can you overrate that?

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I am most shocked by this poll!!!! It shows that many clutch Fans have little to no faith in their players. A disgusting state of affairs!! :p

20. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

I don't think many of the Houston Rockets are overrated at this time. No one even takes this team seriously. There's just no respect until you win something or go deep into the playoffs. Yao and T-Mac both are always being tied down by the "injury" possibility. And Ron Artest has that "insane" outburst everyonce in a while that will 'destroy' team chemistry and bring everyone down. So...I don't know if this is a legitimate question right now. I'm not going to vote.

Check other boards. Our Big 3 all have reasons to hate, or rather, pick another star over.